• If you find the falling snow distracting you can change themes to remove it. To disable the falling snow please select either the Light or Dark theme labled as (No Snow).

Fresh Grabs

TenderLovingKiller®

View attachment 24700
Tucked in there w Hip Hop Family Tree is the special Biggie cover issue w the Flexi disc of course. The series is great. Done w care and respect plus it combines one of my fave things (comic books) w one of my fave music genres
That’s dope.
I have the whole collection of the single issues. The only variant I grabbed was Yeezy. That a Biggie cover is amazing. Did you pick up any of the Marvel Hip-Hop cover mashups? I gotta a few of those too. ...And A Run The Jewels Howard the Duck variant.
A14A7398-A3E6-4479-A485-93FD96E7C692.jpeg

TheMythOfSisyphus

That’s dope.
I have the whole collection of the single issues. The only variant I grabbed was Yeezy. That a Biggie cover is amazing. Did you pick up any of the Marvel Hip-Hop cover mashups? I gotta a few of those too. ...And A Run The Jewels Howard the Duck variant.
View attachment 24703
I only picked up the Liquid Swords. I’m not into that Marvel story arc but love GZA. I like the Punisher LL Cool J cover the most but I wouldn’t spin that album enough to buy it. I’m actually hot and cold w Marvel but Pun stuff that came out on Marvel Knights imprint gave that character the freedom to sleaze that it needs.

What Howard the Duck variant? I’m only fam/have w the Kill Your Masters/Stay Gold 12” that orig came out for RSD and then wide release

Edit: oh....for the variants you’re talking about variant comic covers rather than variant record covers? I googled and saw. Cool stuff

Last edited:

bettim84

It looks like I’ve been really bad, but many of these were cheap deals. Tbh I’m still not sure if I’ll keep all of them but it’s been a fun few weeks of digging.

48F2015C-F631-4307-9A3A-B75F135E921B.jpeg

Case in point: all the above cost $8 total. That Turrentine has seen better days but it plays without skipping and is an early if not first pressing. For $3!

55644047-D10D-4138-B74C-7AD236A2359A.jpeg

Hinds was an Amazon deal in the low teens, and Testament was under $10. Kick cost me a bit more than that but I wanted to support a new shop that opened in my town last week, so I bit.

A36A4B64-5C31-4826-B166-7AE83B9CB3DA.jpeg

And both of these were 20% off because of Thanksgiving deals. The Trane is a nice 60s pressing; Byrd I haven’t Discog’d yet.

TenderLovingKiller®

It looks like I’ve been really bad, but many of these were cheap deals. Tbh I’m still not sure if I’ll keep all of them but it’s been a fun few weeks of digging.

View attachment 24705

Case in point: all the above cost $8 total. That Turrentine has seen better days but it plays without skipping and is an early if not first pressing. For $3!

View attachment 24706

Hinds was an Amazon deal in the low teens, and Testament was under $10. Kick cost me a bit more than that but I wanted to support a new shop that opened in my town last week, so I bit.

View attachment 24707

And both of these were 20% off because of Thanksgiving deals. The Trane is a nice 60s pressing; Byrd I haven’t Discog’d yet.
The angle almost makes the bottom two look rectangular. Also, Black Byrd is one of my favorites!

POGunter

A74713AC-BD0D-49C3-8D0C-1011E82CB812.jpeg

6726B6C6-20EC-4188-859D-C7883617F20C.jpeg

Outer box Barely survived. Looks like it had been shipped somewhere else b4 me. The shipping box has multiple covered mailing labels. Maybe a distribution center. Covered sticker says box 973 of 2000. So I would like to think it was palletized at that point.

Dings on all corners of the shipping box and one hole punched through it’s top but the 12lb inner display box set only has the smallest corner ding. Virtually unnoticeable without looking for it. Shipping damage is a major problem. Why are these sets not shipped with extra space, double boxing, and/or foam inserts, etc. Grrrr.

On the plus side. This repressing seems to be an exact replica of the original (other than I assume colored vinyl). Looks like they even used the same original hype sticker as it makes no reference to the colored vinyl in this 2nd press.

Skalap

Quick stop at Balades Sonores to pick-up two orders and buy another two records. I had in hands two copies of Gray's BFRSD reissue but 63€...

Angel Bat Dawid - The Oracle
Vulfpeck - The Beautiful Game
Sault ‎– 7
Willie Colon Canta Hector Lavoe ‎– Asalto Navideño

1575408145803.png

Poly-Rythmo

Three recent favourites to brighten up my day after endless travel delays.

Muriel Grossmann - Reverence
I'm so excited to hear this one. Golden Rule was my favourite record of last year and I'm holding off completing my list for this year before I hear this.

Hootie and the Blowfish - Imperfect Circle
Hootie are my guilty pleasure. Falling for them in the UK was a lot easier than in the US, I imagine, as they were far from everywhere. I really like this new album.

Shina Williams & His African Percussionists
Second of his re-releases I've picked up from Mr Bongo and yet more Nigerian funk/Afrobeat is promised.

20191203_223021.jpg

Jmcg85

When this dropped cash was low and I had to rule myself out of getting one. A good friend of mine who I met through the love of vinyl & hiphop on IG knew I would be kicking myself for not getting it down the line.....so he dropped over 60dollars on this for me and refused to take money. We have both looked after each other several times before but I bought him 2pac Thug Life in return as it was something he wanted & needed. This morning before work we met up in city centre & we are both happy today. Sometimes strangers on the internet are the best people 🙌🏼🔥
15754535320147686152888839976975.jpg

Poly-Rythmo

El Afrocombo - Pan Con Salsa

Another Colombian reissue from the fabulous Vampi Soul label.

African Brothers Band - Odo Me Nsee

Album no 24 from this remarkably consistent, shimmering group. If you're interested in highlife they're an absolute must check-out. Got this alongside some gifts for my Secret Santa so heading to the Post Office shortly with the full package...

20191204_113249.jpg

Skalap

Nao sei bem ainda. Tem um disco com uma capa alternativa em vinil branco, um cd, a unica edicao em casssete de sempre, e uma zine. Se nao fosse a promocao de 25% da fnac nao teria comprado.
Obrigado. Também estive para comprar a caixa durante o BF da Fnac mas acabei com discos da Blue Note. Tenho agora que os ir levantar no Chiado.

POGunter

68E76E3D-53AC-48CD-9DF3-B9A88B9F05A1.jpeg

1) New - Ill Considered ‘Xmas’. Completes my Ill Considered collection I think.

2) Used - Savoy Brown ‘Boogie Bros’. I know nothing about this LP. Never heard it b4.

3) Used - Savoy Brown ‘Lion’s Share’. My 3rd copy. All with fold down covers. I have a) my original one bought new that is fairly worn out with surface noise, b) a bought used listed as NM- copy that is/was actually in worse condition than my original, and c) this new used one that looks to be a winner but I need to clean and play yet.

4) Used - Suzanne Vega ‘Solitude Standing’. Great sound CD. Looking forward to comparing sound to this original vinyl.