Fresh Grabs

Thanks so much for the offer, but honestly its not worth it financially, the shipping alone would probably cost more than a replacement copy. I talked to the seller and he was really cool about it and refunded me half. So I ended up paying £12 total. I can still play side B as I have a record weight which surprisingly makes it as if the issue isn't even there. So its just 1 side of 1 disk, which I can live with. Cheers again though, very nice of you to offer!

Not at all. Glad you got it sorted out with the seller :)

I bought Ruins a few years ago only because it got recorded in one of the most beautiful areas in Portugal near the most beautiful beach I have ever seen and been (I plan to retire there if I get old). It's also a great record.

View attachment 24067

Now I know another element as to why Ruins sounds so heavenly! Great photo.

Recent LRS pick ups...
968DB826-22CB-41FB-B758-BD3D6121E942.jpeg
Mission of Burma - Signals, Calls, and Marches
Woods - Sun and Shade
Hank Williams - 20 of Hank Williams’ Greatest Hits

These were all pulled from the recent arrivals bin of my local record store. Mission of Burma is one of the nice Deluxe Matador 180 HD RTI pressings. It came with a beautiful10 page album sized booklet and a DVD. Now I need a nice copy of Vs. to go with it and I will be set.

The Woods record was under $9 and was is perfect shape being as it is my favorite Woods record I couldn’t pass it up.

I was stoked to come across this Hank record too. I am not big on greatest hits comps but Since Hank’s music was pre-album era I figured I could let it slide. I was looking to pick up one of his greatest hits since the Burns documentary aired so this is another one I am happy to add to the collection.

Last edited:
I’m drowning out today with a lot of records. I haven’t posted what I’ve gotten in a bit so.

This set I got from the ultimately generous @feesrevenge. Including a dope poster. Thanks for all this, friend.
View attachment 24084View attachment 24087

My VMP box:
View attachment 24085

These two were major, hard to find pieces off my want list that I found for cheap.
View attachment 24086
Can’t wait to get your feedback on David Grisham. Also...give me that Zulu!! Haha

Help me, for I am back on my bullshit:

osQJ17H.png

Chvrches - Every Open Eye (signed test pressing)

This week's grabs - some great jazz, country and indie...

Levitation Orchestra - Inexpressible Infinity
Todd Snider - East Nashville Skyline (didn't know it would be on blue vinyl)
Lucy Dacus - 2019
KVL - Volume 1
(hoping a good clean clears this up as I dig the music a lot)
QOTSA - Songs for the Deaf (normal edition)

20191129_131137.jpg

Nice and not too crazy Record Store Black Friday trip to Music Millennium. Seemed to have plenty of everything and the line wasn't too crazy this morning. They handed out the Beatles bag with the Rolling Stones DVD to everyone, which is super cool. Terry is the best.

Miles Davis - Live in Tokyo
Miles Davis - Early Minor
Edan - Beauty and the Beat
The Comet is Coming - The Afterlife

And picked up the Raphael Saadiq as it was on sale. Great way to start the day, and I'll be spending it listening to these. Need someone to drop by and play some cribbage!

0357DE4C-3BAB-4CC9-8A17-924388E90F00.jpeg

Good haul today, although I should have had Miles Davis - Miles In Tokyo: Miles Davis Live In Concert arrive to me in the post, hopefully its on its way.

The Comet is Coming - Afterlife (Impulse! 2019 Black Friday pressing limited to 1500)
Bill Evans - Live at Art D’lugoff’s (Resonance Records, 2019 Black Friday pressing limited to 4000, hand-numbered).
Miles Davis - Early Minor: Rare Miles From The Complete In A Silent Way Sessions (Legacy/Columbia, 2019 Black Friday pressing)

IMG_0412.JPG

and this also arrived:

The Charles Mingus Quintet ‎– Mingus In Europe (Enja, 1979 first pressing)
A fantastic date with Eric Dolphy and Clifford Jordan.

IMG_0413.JPG

Back