Fresh Grabs

Special deliveries
6AED08B2-AD01-4D11-823B-1B3D40A11892.jpeg

King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - Infest The Rats’ Nest (Superbug Edition)
Whitney - Forever Turn Around (Chicago Edition)
Beast Coast - Escape From New York

All three came with some nice little bonuses also. Flightless sent the album in an additional stamped Manila sleeve along with a patch and a giant poster,Whitney came with a couple enamel pins, and Beast Coast came with a few stickers and a nice blacklight poster. I am a sucker for ephemera.

a76a272a-1227-4c3b-b8b0-752b8e58d695.jpg

Well, this is a thing I own now. And damn, is it beautiful. I'm so glad I've learned to love Taylor's music. It's truly uplifting, happy and joyful. And Lover might be her best album yet. What a beautiful album. It's exactly what I need in my life right now 💙💖💙💖

Before anyone asks, yes, this is hand signed. Not a digital print or anything of the sort. And damn, I'm happy to have it

Last edited:
Bob Brookmeyer & Friends
OG 2 eye
20190903_215217.jpg

Lee Morgan - In Search of the New Land
White B with VAN GELDER stamp
Replaces a 75th Anniversary copy
20190903_215338.jpg

McCoy Tyner - Extensions
The label says Blue Note Reissue series, but as far as I'm aware that was a series of reprints of 2 albums per artist and always came in a 2LP format remastered? This is just the regular single album and also from a VAN GELDER stamper. Weird! Awesome lineup for this album. Gary Bartz, Alice Coltrane, Wayne Shorter, Ron Carter, and Elvin Jones!
20190903_215308.jpg
20190903_214844.jpg

Art Blakey Quartet - A Jazz Message
Late ABC Impulse! pressing
Blakey sans Messengers. Recorded during a brief lull in the band's schedule. Psyched to hear Tyner with Blakey. Really confused because I got this album today and have no idea where it came from. I had a different pressing from a seller in a different state in my cart the last week, but I haven't bought it. I have no record of buying it anywhere else either. I don't know how this got sent to me!
20190903_215243.jpg

Bob Brookmeyer & Friends
OG 2 eye
View attachment 16117

Lee Morgan - In Search of the New Land
White B with VAN GELDER stamp
Replaces a 75th Anniversary copy
View attachment 16118

McCoy Tyner - Extensions
The label says Blue Note Reissue series, but as far as I'm aware that was a series of reprints of 2 albums per artist and always came in a 2LP format remastered? This is just the regular single album and also from a VAN GELDER stamper. Weird! Awesome lineup for this album. Gary Bartz, Alice Coltrane, Wayne Shorter, Ron Carter, and Elvin Jones!
View attachment 16120
View attachment 16121

Art Blakey Quartet - A Jazz Message
Late ABC Impulse! pressing
Blakey sans Messengers. Recorded during a brief lull in the band's schedule. Psyched to hear Tyner with Blakey. Really confused because I got this album today and have no idea where it came from. I had a different pressing from a seller in a different state in my cart the last week, but I haven't bought it. I have no record of buying it anywhere else either. I don't know how this got sent to me!
View attachment 16131

I love Extensions, one that I'm constantly on the look out for.

Ah fantastic, I will certainly be checking him out after this!

I have just been digging deeper into the Esquire label, as it seems crazy to me that they sell for the amount they do, and have just stumbled upon a crazy coincidence. So here I am reading up on this label, which by all accounts used the exact same stampers as prestige (who would ship them over) and it turns out they were based in Mitcham (south-west London). The crazy part.......im 4 miles away from Mitcham and can see the district from my flat window :LOL:

If you want a John Lewis Tip, get An Afternoon in Paris. It has been beautifully reissued on Sam Records. As a matter of fact, everything Sam Records has put out is worth buying.

If you want a John Lewis Tip, get An Afternoon in Paris. It has been beautifully reissued on Sam Records. As a matter of fact, everything Sam Records has put out is worth buying.
Cheers, I will check that out for sure! Also, god damn thats some great album artwork (the photo anyway), so simple but packs a punch!

Dropped a ton on this bunch of DeAgostini reissues from eBay as I was really impressed by the first few I grabbed.

Some Blue Notes

F4722819-256A-461A-AF39-A6888F76A9FB.jpeg

BBD3784C-268B-435D-BEEE-1D60A9C1EECF.jpeg

Mercury

8C17C7AD-F3D7-4249-AF7F-20585D4042EB.jpeg

Impulse! and Verve

59303E7D-B53B-4F1A-A6C5-5017428ED823.jpeg

Riverside and EmArcy

91D9D910-383A-4AA9-B7D0-F5959E4970AD.jpeg

Columbia and a stack of the magazines these were packaged in the stores with

7A056E55-DB78-4551-81BB-72DD9A5F094C.jpeg

I don’t know how informative these magazines will be but on first glance, they’re a damn sight more informative than the notes from a certain overpriced Anthology. This is the one that accompanied the Archie Shepp album.

CA82F18D-B0CB-4F4F-BF0B-4D85CA028F94.jpeg

C890CE62-D8BA-4269-8692-7D2429589FD4.jpeg

7F2C639B-2308-4C34-9F9A-34D554C32048.jpeg

Dropped a ton on this bunch of DeAgostini reissues from eBay as I was really impressed by the first few I grabbed.

Some Blue Notes

View attachment 16141

View attachment 16142

Mercury

View attachment 16143

Impulse! and Verve

View attachment 16144

Riverside and EmArcy

View attachment 16145

View attachment 16146

I don’t know how informative these magazines will be but on first glance, they’re a damn sight more informative than the notes from a certain overpriced Anthology. This is the one that accompanied the Archie Shepp album.

View attachment 16147

View attachment 16148

View attachment 16149
First, fantastic haul as always.

Do all the DeAgostini reissues come with those booklets? Im a sucker for stuff like that - I spend wayyyy to much of my life reading about albums/artists.

And you've just reminded me about the existence of 'We Free Kings', love that album! Im doing to dig out my copy and give it a spin tonight!

First, fantastic haul as always.

Do all the DeAgostini reissues come with those booklets? Im a sucker for stuff like that - I spend wayyyy to much of my life reading about albums/artists.

And you've just reminded me about the existence of 'We Free Kings', love that album! Im doing to dig out my copy and give it a spin tonight!

Yeah, they did all come with booklet at retail. The first few I got from ebay last week didn't have them unfortunately and I think @MikeH said his hadn't either so some sellers I guess just find them dispensable.

And yeah, We Free Kings is great. I actually already have an old copy but under a different release name and artwork and while it plays nicely enough, I love the original artwork to splash a tenner on this copy.

Yeah, they did all come with booklet at retail. The first few I got from ebay last week didn't have them unfortunately and I think @MikeH said his hadn't either so some sellers I guess just find them dispensable.

And yeah, We Free Kings is great. I actually already have an old copy but under a different release name and artwork and while it plays nicely enough, I love the original artwork to splash a tenner on this copy.
Thats what I thought the case may be. Theres some that for a tenner I would have picked up knowing they have the booklet, but if not I might hold back on a few. Seems like you guys cleared out eBay for the time being anyway :LOL:

Not sure what pressing mine is, it was a 50p find at a carboot a few years ago I think. Are you familiar with George Braith? He has 'kirk-vibe' about him. I picked up his debut on Blue Note the other month and was really impressed by it.

Thats what I thought the case may be. Theres some that for a tenner I would have picked up knowing they have the booklet, but if not I might hold back on a few. Seems like you guys cleared out eBay for the time being anyway :LOL:

Not sure what pressing mine is, it was a 50p find at a carboot a few years ago I think. Are you familiar with George Braith? He has 'kirk-vibe' about him. I picked up his debut on Blue Note the other month and was really impressed by it.

Don't know Braith, will look him up though.

Some Blue Notes

View attachment 16141

View attachment 16142

Mercury

View attachment 16143

Impulse! and Verve

View attachment 16144

Riverside and EmArcy

View attachment 16145

View attachment 16146

View attachment 16147

View attachment 16148

View attachment 16149
Damn!! Where did you find all those other DeAgostini pressings?! I could only find very few online. Really want that Shorter and Monk and a few others. I think I’ll end up with 9 in total after my next batch arrives. And I would love to get the books but none of mine had any included...were those all eBay purchases?

Damn!! Where did you find all those other DeAgostini pressings?! I could only find very few online. Really want that Shorter and Monk and a few others. I think I’ll end up with 9 in total after my next batch arrives. And I would love to get the books but none of mine had any included...were those all eBay purchases?

All ebay, all from same seller. This is their link. Only a handful left though and looks like it must have been one of each as there's no duplicates of any I bought unfortunately.

It’s so difficult to find any older pressings of Braith that don’t cost an arm and a leg everytime I look. Just put an offer in for one on discogs but his stuff is pretty awesome and he didn’t seem to record many albums as a band leader.

Back