Fitness!

Yes, definitely a concept2. I've shopped used for a while and for the trade offs I think I will go new. I've already measured my space and figured out where I would use it and store it. My work's health program reimburses $250/year for things like this so that helps ease the price anxiety a bit. I figure worst case we hate it and we can still sell it for a "profit" considering the reimbursement angle. When I did frequent a commercial gym I used the concept2 quite a lot and it is a very solid piece of kit.
Late to the party, but I have a Concept 2 that I like a WHOLE lot. Thing is built like a tank. No idea how many hours I’ve got logged on it since I got it a little more than a year ago, but I haven’t had a single problem with it.

Late to the party, but I have a Concept 2 that I like a WHOLE lot. Thing is built like a tank. No idea how many hours I’ve got logged on it since I got it a little more than a year ago, but I haven’t had a single problem with it.

Only problem I have with the concept2 is that rowing is hard and makes me tired.

I guess there’s maybe two things about the C2 that I wish were different. One is the lack of integration with any mainstream fitness apps, but really that’s pretty minor. And the other is that the fan is really loud when you’re in a smaller space than a big, open gym - not really a way around that I don’t think, but something to be aware of.

I guess there’s maybe two things about the C2 that I wish were different. One is the lack of integration with any mainstream fitness apps, but really that’s pretty minor. And the other is that the fan is really loud when you’re in a smaller space than a big, open gym - not really a way around that I don’t think, but something to be aware of.
I thought the machine synced with a Concept2 app on bluetooth, which then can log to Apple Health...have people been feeding me lies??

Ive had a big month of logging. Just cant seem to stop throwing in extra sessions. - Mixing it up with all sorts of Strength & Cardio workouts.
Im no runner (very much a love/hate relationship) but signed up for 2 x 10kms in April & May and added speed sessions on treadmill to my one single 7km Saturday run I do.
So done 2 weeks of 1.5 km speed sessions at lunchtime (3 times a week) and Saturday ran noticeably faster.

knocked off 2 minutes from previous week.

Anyone ever got their feet sized/analyzed at Fleet Feet before? There's one near me that I might try out.

I have flat wide feet but the width of my foot is mostly in the middle foot so normal wide shoes don't necessarily fit if the width is only in the toe box. I have a pair of Mizuno Wave Horizon 3 that are getting worn down in the soles after running 3-4 miles a day 4-5 times a week. Of late, I've been looking for a pair of trail running shoes so I don't need to wear microspikes or yaktrax when it's slushy, muddy, packed snow, and ideally waterproof or water resistant. The Mizuno's get trashed up easily in poor conditions and I get wet socks constantly. I tried two pairs of the Altra Lonepeak ALL-WTHR but one size is too snug and the other fits well in the toes but there's way too much heel slippage. Both pairs will end up going back. I've lost track of how many shoes I've bought online and only returned after not fitting well. I don't want to try again with another brand and would rather just get my feet professional assessed and fitted.

Anyone ever got their feet sized/analyzed at Fleet Feet before? There's one near me that I might try out.

I have flat wide feet but the width of my foot is mostly in the middle foot so normal wide shoes don't necessarily fit if the width is only in the toe box. I have a pair of Mizuno Wave Horizon 3 that are getting worn down in the soles after running 3-4 miles a day 4-5 times a week. Of late, I've been looking for a pair of trail running shoes so I don't need to wear microspikes or yaktrax when it's slushy, muddy, packed snow, and ideally waterproof or water resistant. The Mizuno's get trashed up easily in poor conditions and I get wet socks constantly. I tried two pairs of the Altra Lonepeak ALL-WTHR but one size is too snug and the other fits well in the toes but there's way too much heel slippage. Both pairs will end up going back. I've lost track of how many shoes I've bought online and only returned after not fitting well. I don't want to try again with another brand and would rather just get my feet professional assessed and fitted.
My wife is a master fitter at fleet feet. The scans are informative but essentially the experts who see feet and fit shoes day in and day out are the real deal. Bring in your old shoes and a copy pasta of your post and they will fix you up. Just be aware stocks are low across the board right now so be clear you'd rather wait for the right shoe than get fit with the next best thing they happen to have in stock. Also, buy the socks and/or inserts.

I just got fitted into some Soloman trail shoes that are amazing for my feet.

My wife is a master fitter at fleet feet. The scans are informative but essentially the experts who see feet and fit shoes day in and day out are the real deal. Bring in your old shoes and a copy pasta of your post and they will fix you up. Just be aware stocks are low across the board right now so be clear you'd rather wait for the right shoe than get fit with the next best thing they happen to have in stock. Also, buy the socks and/or inserts.

I just got fitted into some Soloman trail shoes that are amazing for my feet.
Excellent!! thank you!

No but I did just treat myself to these - Will report back if anyones interested - Reviews are very good.

Deviate Nitro Elite Racer SP Men's Running Shoes | PUMA New Arrivals | PUMA United Kingdom

Hard to believe it's already March, but even with the short month we had some crazy numbers in February. @Manzig led the pack again and logged over 50(!) hours! That's four in a row! And now @Manzig and @debianlinux are tied for the all time lead in trophies at 6. Who's going to lead us in March?!

1. @Manzig - 50:43:00 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
2. @ByersVinyl - 36:56:31 🏆
3. @debianlinux - 28:30:00 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
4. @RowBearToe - 8:23:05
5. @bfly - 6:58:00
6. @trickyseven - 6:17:35

We had fewer participants this month, but hopefully some folks will start to get back into it now that it's getting closer to spring. The March challenge is created and you guys have all been invited so join and stay active!

Hard to believe it's already March, but even with the short month we had some crazy numbers in February. @Manzig led the pack again and logged over 50(!) hours! That's four in a row! And now @Manzig and @debianlinux are tied for the all time lead in trophies at 6. Who's going to lead us in March?!

1. @Manzig - 50:43:00 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
2. @ByersVinyl - 36:56:31 🏆
3. @debianlinux - 28:30:00 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
4. @RowBearToe - 8:23:05
5. @bfly - 6:58:00
6. @trickyseven - 6:17:35

We had fewer participants this month, but hopefully some folks will start to get back into it now that it's getting closer to spring. The March challenge is created and you guys have all been invited so join and stay active!

50 hrs is just giddy - I thought Id gone mental in Feb !

Possibly in July when I do a couple of long cycle challenges I might get close - but I wouldn't count on it - Chances are I will compensate for those 6 hr efforts.

Got the Concept2 today. I measured several places and figured I could use a couple for storage. Nothing prepares you for how big this thing is. Using them in a gym is not like using them in a room in your house. At all. I'm still not sure but right now it's musical gym accessories to do anything, I'm looking at rethinking where my office space even goes and maybe even tearing out my fireplace/chimney.

Got the Concept2 today. I measured several places and figured I could use a couple for storage. Nothing prepares you for how big this thing is. Using them in a gym is not like using them in a room in your house. At all. I'm still not sure but right now it's musical gym accessories to do anything, I'm looking at rethinking where my office space even goes and maybe even tearing out my fireplace/chimney.
My work Gym has same rower and I couldn't fit it anywhere in my house (without wife leaving me)
Still Im lucky to have a work gym that I literally never see anyone else in.

Wednesday update.
I fucking hate treadmills HATE HATE !................ but its so convenient and I dont wanna run in City centre.
1 more month and my additional running sessions are over ! Back to my Saturday morning "fun" run.

Bought my first pair of bluetooth in ear headphones for working out and mostly running with, but I'm not sure how I like them. Because they make that seal in my ear I hear every step of my run with a pounding thud that definitely affects how I hear the music. I never had that with the cheapo in ear wired headphones I have, or even when sharing airpods when running with my wife.

Do people just get used to that sound? Fellow runners, do you use sealing in ear headphones? Does it not bother you?

Bought my first pair of bluetooth in ear headphones for working out and mostly running with, but I'm not sure how I like them. Because they make that seal in my ear I hear every step of my run with a pounding thud that definitely affects how I hear the music. I never had that with the cheapo in ear wired headphones I have, or even when sharing airpods when running with my wife.

Do people just get used to that sound? Fellow runners, do you use sealing in ear headphones? Does it not bother you?
i use bone conducting aftershokz
really like them for all my workouts !
Amazon product ASIN B07CSMRXLC

Back