Fitness!

My actual time from my Apple Watch was 43:38:44 but I was too lazy to go back and see what was missed in MMR. Plus it wouldn’t have been enough to catch up to @ByersVinyl, so big cheers to you!
I ended up missing 7 days of walking because I caught my first cold(not Covid) since 2019 because my daughter spread her 1st grade germs at the beginning of the month. Then there were a couple of days that were too windy. 22mph is not ideal. 😁

I’d like to thank this thread and the monthly challenges for giving a little extra motivation to be where I’m at right now.
My weigh in this morning has me at 214lbs!
It’s the lightest I’ve been since probably my late teens/early twenties. 200 is my next goal and I’m on track to reach that before the end of May. It’s exciting and weird at the same time.

Thank you!

There's currently no challenge nor anyone to host it.
I’d have no problem setting up or accepting one if anyone fancies it, just a case of all previous entries befriending each other on MMR.
I think I sent out requests. But entirely happy if someone else wants to.
One to consider for next month eh.
For now I’ve got my first organised 10k race out if the way.
More pushing for my next one in May.
I didnt expect it, but I enjoyed it and want to do more.

I’d have no problem setting up or accepting one if anyone fancies it, just a case of all previous entries befriending each other on MMR.
I think I sent out requests. But entirely happy if someone else wants to.
One to consider for next month eh.
For now I’ve got my first organised 10k race out if the way.
More pushing for my next one in May.
I didnt expect it, but I enjoyed it and want to do more.
I've not seen any notification in the app.

One of the weird quirks with MMR is the friend requests only show up on the website, not the app. So maybe check that?
As terrible as the app is the website is worse? I checked there as well still nothing. I got 8 friends from here and Byers is already one of them. I can find the challenges in the app but not the website. The one thing MMR does right is map runs, though.

As terrible as the app is the website is worse? I checked there as well still nothing. I got 8 friends from here and Byers is already one of them. I can find the challenges in the app but not the website. The one thing MMR does right is map runs, though.
hmm, well then I'm not sure haha both the website and app seemed to be ok, but it was weird that certain things only showed up on one vs the other. I never had an issue not being able to find something in one of those two places.

Hiked 7 miles for a total elevation change of 1700ft today. Unsure if knees can squat tomorrow.

I hiked up a lot less than that yesterday morning - Had this mad idea, lets run up it.
Ive never been so emptied. Got less than half way and had nothing left, could barely keep walking.
I really didnt think it would be that hard !

Mental note - Dont run up near mountainous beauty spots.

Has anyone here had Covid recently and noticed your heart rate more elevated when exercising?

I've recovered last week, and Tuesday and Wednesday of this week noticed that while running my max heart rate was higher than normal around 185-190 compared to normally 165-175. First day was 3 miles which wasn't that bad so I decided to push myself back to my regular 4 miles but noticed it higher than normal. Normally, after a high intensity run, my heart rate will come down back to normal after about an hour and a half after completing the workout. However, yesterday it was still relatively high 75-90 bpm 4-5 hours after exercising. According to my fitbit, my normal resting heart rate is 55-60 bpm but this past week it's been 62-65~.

I found this article that seems to echo a lot of what I'm experiencing. Maybe I need to slowly ramp myself back up before jumping back into it again.

Has anyone here had Covid recently and noticed your heart rate more elevated when exercising?

I've recovered last week, and Tuesday and Wednesday of this week noticed that while running my max heart rate was higher than normal around 185-190 compared to normally 165-175. First day was 3 miles which wasn't that bad so I decided to push myself back to my regular 4 miles but noticed it higher than normal. Normally, after a high intensity run, my heart rate will come down back to normal after about an hour and a half after completing the workout. However, yesterday it was still relatively high 75-90 bpm 4-5 hours after exercising. According to my fitbit, my normal resting heart rate is 55-60 bpm but this past week it's been 62-65~.

I found this article that seems to echo a lot of what I'm experiencing. Maybe I need to slowly ramp myself back up before jumping back into it again.

I had Covid 4 weeks ago (fairly mild, I'm fully vaxxed) and my running coach told me to think of it as a lung injury and slowly work myself back. Thinking of it as an injury helped me overcome the mental hurdle of it.

Your stuff sounds similar to me. My heart rate was slightly elevated for a couple weeks after (my resting HR went from my normal of 45-50 up to 55-60, with peaks when I tried to run greater than 180.), but the main impact for me was my lungs. I could feel it in my chest after any kind of physical activity for a couple weeks. I was supposed to run a half on May 1st, but switched to the 8km and just paced my wife instead (which was super fun, just not what I had planned). But with rest, I have recovered; I ran 18km Sunday, slightly slower pace than pre Covid, but I felt great and feel like I can get back on track for Ultra training.

I know it's frustrating, but your body will heal, just be easy on yourself, and I wish you a full return to form.

I had Covid 4 weeks ago (fairly mild, I'm fully vaxxed) and my running coach told me to think of it as a lung injury and slowly work myself back. Thinking of it as an injury helped me overcome the mental hurdle of it.

Your stuff sounds similar to me. My heart rate was slightly elevated for a couple weeks after (my resting HR went from my normal of 45-50 up to 55-60, with peaks when I tried to run greater than 180.), but the main impact for me was my lungs. I could feel it in my chest after any kind of physical activity for a couple weeks. I was supposed to run a half on May 1st, but switched to the 8km and just paced my wife instead (which was super fun, just not what I had planned). But with rest, I have recovered; I ran 18km Sunday, slightly slower pace than pre Covid, but I felt great and feel like I can get back on track for Ultra training.

I know it's frustrating, but your body will heal, just be easy on yourself, and I wish you a full return to form.
Thank you! yes, I'm definitely done running for at least a week. I'm resting up completely for a few days and maybe some light walks to get back into it. I was feeling fine before these two runs. While I still had Covid a few weeks ago, I was taking hour long walks or going on a stationary bike, both of those my max heart rate is far lower, like 140 for the bike and 110-120 walking. I didn't really get concerned until I ran recently. My normal pace is like 9:00-9:30 a mile but I'll probably work back up to that gradually. Maybe walking for 10 minutes, slower jog for 5 minutes, etc.

I did some other searching and it looks like it's a common thing. Most people saying it takes about a month to be back to normal

So, the Glasgow curse has kicked in, and I have elevated blood pressure. Started meds to lower it, but I think I need to lose 10kg or so. Also overhauling my diet: I was drinking far too much Diet Coke, and I think my body rebelled against all the caffeine.

Going to slowly build up a home gym as I now have the space.

So, the Glasgow curse has kicked in, and I have elevated blood pressure. Started meds to lower it, but I think I need to lose 10kg or so. Also overhauling my diet: I was drinking far too much Diet Coke, and I think my body rebelled against all the caffeine.

When I was diagnosed, my cardiologist suggested the DASH diet. Basically keeping my daily sodium intake at 1,500mg. I recently bumped it up to 2,000mg just to give myself some wiggle room but I’m pretty good at keeping at or below 1,500mg.
I’m sure once you’ve made some adjustments you’ll get it back to normal.

Hows it going

Diet coke or Aussie Beer - Ive heard about the after work garden beer culture - Easy habit to get into :)
You settled in now ? Got set up with a job and if so is it better than ur last one.

Oh and are the Prawns bigger in Australia (Stewart Lee joke - if ur familiar)

Hows it going

Diet coke or Aussie Beer - Ive heard about the after work garden beer culture - Easy habit to get into :)
You settled in now ? Got set up with a job and if so is it better than ur last one.

Oh and are the Prawns bigger in Australia (Stewart Lee joke - if ur familiar)
All good, thanks! Loving it, really enjoying it. Job is better, and it just feels a bit more chilled out.

Probably a combination of too much Diet Coke leading to too many munchies, and the beer is good as well!

I’ve hit day 446 of no caffeine - I was drinking far too much diet coke…now I drink far too much caffeine free diet coke.

I’m also easily a couple of stone heavier than I want to be but just don’t have the energy to do much about it.

Back