Fitness!

According to Endomondo, since I started using it in 2012, I have now run for a total of 24 days and 3800 miles. While looking at my stats I noticed that all of my PRs have been set in 2018 or 2019 except for the 5k which was back in 2015. I think I now have a new goal this year to run my fastest 5k haha

Finally signing up for my local 24 hour fitness; I used to use the one near my house, dropped it for budget reasons, then when I got my current job, couldn't justify it as I wouldn't have time with my commute to hit the gym 3x a week as I'd like. Turns out there's one 8 min from my job, so I can hit that for 2-3 lunches, then the one near my home once during the weekends.

Last time I weighed myself, I was 10lbs more than I'd assumed, so I'm excited to get back to it. I'm not looking to transform myself per se, just feel better and healthier, tone up a little so I'm not self-conscious. Very excited to get back to swimming laps and lifting a little bit.

I'll try downloading Endomondo in a bit...

I miss being drunk. Limiting myself to one drink a week is starting to get hard and It's only been a month lol

Post Holiday weight-263 lbs
January 4th-February 4th-12 trips to the gym.
January 2nd-February 4th-32 walks for at least 20 minutes. Some days more if I went to the gym after work.
Started using the resistance machines instead of weight machines or free weights.
Also started to track my calories for morning and lunch. Sometimes Iā€™ll track dinner but I eat fairly healthy for dinner so itā€™s not a factor. Iā€™m usually tracking around 2,000 calories or less each day.
February 5th weigh in-252 lbs.
Goals for the next month are to maintain the same diet,get to the gym a few more days, and maybe buy a bicycle.

Acromioclavicular joint separation sucks the big one. Off the bench press for a while. I did not know what was going on and let it go for a week too long already such that my CNS autoattenuated my strength capacity this morning in the gym.

I got sick this weekend and missed my 9 mile long run and a 5k run yesterday. My long runs have been the fastest they've ever been during training so I was getting excited for potentially blowing away my PR during this half. I'm really hoping this doesn't mess things up.

I got sick this weekend and missed my 9 mile long run and a 5k run yesterday. My long runs have been the fastest they've ever been during training so I was getting excited for potentially blowing away my PR during this half. I'm really hoping this doesn't mess things up.
It won't mess anything up if you've been following your plan besides this. Your body may actually respond well to the rest.

It won't mess anything up if you've been following your plan besides this. Your body may actually respond well to the rest.

I sure hope that's the case!haha Now I'm just trying to figure out how to proceed with my training plan. I was going to run 9, 10 and 6 miles the 3 weekends before the half. Do I run 9 this upcoming weekend and 10 the next, do I skip the 9 and run 10 and 6, do I run 9 and 6. I prefer to taper the weekend and week leading up to a race, so I don't think I'll alter the final 6 mile weekend run. I'm thinking I'll still try to run 10 this weekend, but I follow a plan for a reason, I question these types of decisions too much haha

I sure hope that's the case!haha Now I'm just trying to figure out how to proceed with my training plan. I was going to run 9, 10 and 6 miles the 3 weekends before the half. Do I run 9 this upcoming weekend and 10 the next, do I skip the 9 and run 10 and 6, do I run 9 and 6. I prefer to taper the weekend and week leading up to a race, so I don't think I'll alter the final 6 mile weekend run. I'm thinking I'll still try to run 10 this weekend, but I follow a plan for a reason, I question these types of decisions too much haha
When is the race day?

Is this your 1st half? I would just ignore what you missed, pick up where you left off, and run 10 this weekend for your long run, then 6 the next, then taper leading up to race day. Don't run at all the day before the race.

No, not my first half. I've typically run a couple per year for the past 6 or 7 years. But I ran a full in the fall of 2018 and it burnt me out from running a bit so I struggled to get back into it last year. This is also the shortest training plan for a half that I've put together time wise, that coupled with the fact that I'm not in my usual shape going into it has me second guessing myself a little haha I appreciate your advice! That's what I was leaning towards, but your reassurance pretty much solidified it for me.

Got holy hell sick for about a week and still have pretty decreased lung performance. This is your opening to close the gap, Endomondo challengers!

Got holy hell sick for about a week and still have pretty decreased lung performance. This is your opening to close the gap, Endomondo challengers!
Iā€™m trying, but I doubt I can catch up. Youā€™re still 20 hours ahead of me. I admit that the challenge has been helping to keep me motivated. Iā€™m determined to keep second place.

Before I started making more of an effort to close my rings every day, and generally exercise more, my Apple Watch activity challenge for December was "do 2 workouts" (which, tbf, was a bigger hit to my pride than my clothes not fitting me anymore)

By comparison, my challenge for February was to log 880 exercise minutes, which I earned last week. I wasn't expecting the activity challenges to be such a good motivator, but it's nice to see the algorithm recognize my efforts by raising the bar! Excellent mind tricks, Apple!

Also my Peloton arrives tomorrow, I jumped on that bandwagon after 4 of my coworkers got them in the past couple of months. I have a hard time making it to the gym with my work schedule, so hopefully having something in my apartment will help.

Iā€™m trying, but I doubt I can catch up. Youā€™re still 20 hours ahead of me. I admit that the challenge has been helping to keep me motivated. Iā€™m determined to keep second place.
I still need to log my hours from the past two weeks, but after my second weird heart incident, I've been taking it easy. I might have to drop out of the challenge.

Back