Fitness!

So I just got an Apple Watch. Decided to stop using Fitbit and do this instead. I think it's made me more active just throughout the day. I'm assuming there'd be a way to upload/share my results through my watch? If so, I can do that. And maybe this challenge will make me up my game even more.

Awesome! I have a Galaxy watch and there is an app on the watch that I use to track all of my runs. I have to have the app installed on my phone as well in order for it to sync, however the watch has built in gps (like the Apple Watch) so I don't have to have my phone with me on runs. I'm assuming the Apple Watch has a similar app. But yes, if you download the Endo app on both your phone and the watch you should be able to use that to track activity. It isn't necessarily tracking all day like the watch does for your steps, you would have to start a workout when you wanted it to track a particular activity. I hope that makes sense/helps!haha

Awesome! I have a Galaxy watch and there is an app on the watch that I use to track all of my runs. I have to have the app installed on my phone as well in order for it to sync, however the watch has built in gps (like the Apple Watch) so I don't have to have my phone with me on runs. I'm assuming the Apple Watch has a similar app. But yes, if you download the Endo app on both your phone and the watch you should be able to use that to track activity. It isn't necessarily tracking all day like the watch does for your steps, you would have to start a workout when you wanted it to track a particular activity. I hope that makes sense/helps!haha
Got it yes. I will test it out tomorrow. You can hit the activity app on this watch and start any sort of workout, so I assume the other app is very similar. Should work out well.

I love how I can go from 3rd to 9th in the challenge in a matter of hours haha everyone is getting out there and staying active and it's great!

Also, it's a weird feeling when Endo gives me a notification that I've run my fastest 5k of the year and I'm disappointed because that means less time towards the challenge haha

I love how I can go from 3rd to 9th in the challenge in a matter of hours haha everyone is getting out there and staying active and it's great!

Also, it's a weird feeling when Endo gives me a notification that I've run my fastest 5k of the year and I'm disappointed because that means less time towards the challenge haha
ha ha.... just run longer! ;)

when I started running, 3 or 4 years ago, a bi-weekly 5K was as much as I could muster in my lunch break.
little by little I extended the length of my runs (and also my lunchtime...).
Now 8K is my shortest run...

ha ha.... just run longer! ;)

when I started running, 3 or 4 years ago, a bi-weekly 5K was as much as I could muster in my lunch break.
little by little I extended the length of my runs (and also my lunchtime...).
Now 8K is my shortest run...

Damn, you got me there haha It gets dark too early for me to run much longer during the week and it's hard with kids activities. I much prefer to run at least 5 miles, those runs always feel better for me, but right now I'm following this training plan I came up with for a couple of upcoming halfs I'm hoping to run:

WeekDateTuesdayWednesdayThursdaySaturday
11-133435
21-2034p36
31-273437
42-334p38
52-103539
62-1735p310
72-243538
83-2322Half!
93-9226
103-162438
113-233539
123-3035p310
134-63436
144-13322Half!

Damn, you got me there haha It gets dark too early for me to run much longer during the week and it's hard with kids activities. I much prefer to run at least 5 miles, those runs always feel better for me, but right now I'm following this training plan I came up with for a couple of upcoming halfs I'm hoping to run:

WeekDateTuesdayWednesdayThursdaySaturday
11-133435
21-2034p36
31-273437
42-334p38
52-103539
62-1735p310
72-243538
83-2322Half!
93-9226
103-162438
113-233539
123-3035p310
134-63436
144-13322Half!
curiosity. what are the ps?

I'd like to create a plan for myself, but have to admit I'm terrible at following it.
I'd run by feel and generally I tend to do at least 2 8K runs a week with a longer 12-15 or more during the week end.
if possible (work permitting) i add a 4tth run of 10-12 Ks.
my shorter runs are sometimes (haven't stared yet in 2020) to more focused activities. I alternate tempo run (running at 80-85% of effort), interval training (2 minutes super fast, 3 minutes recovery, x5 or more times) and progressions (start with slow K and increase speed each K).
It should generally help with running strength and speed, but honestly, I'm only improvising.
races are my general gauge. I'll start with trail running in early Feb and that will tell me how far I am from the condition I want to reach.

curiosity. what are the ps?

I'd like to create a plan for myself, but have to admit I'm terrible at following it.
I'd run by feel and generally I tend to do at least 2 8K runs a week with a longer 12-15 or more during the week end.
if possible (work permitting) i add a 4tth run of 10-12 Ks.
my shorter runs are sometimes (haven't stared yet in 2020) to more focused activities. I alternate tempo run (running at 80-85% of effort), interval training (2 minutes super fast, 3 minutes recovery, x5 or more times) and progressions (start with slow K and increase speed each K).
It should generally help with running strength and speed, but honestly, I'm only improvising.
races are my general gauge. I'll start with trail running in early Feb and that will tell me how far I am from the condition I want to reach.

I derived my plan from a Hal Higdon plan, and the p's stand for pace. In his plan he wants those runs at race pace with all others at a slower pace. What that means to me is essentially faster runs. So that's when I'll do intervals or try to push myself more than usual.

You're racking up tons of miles per week. Do you participate in long distance races? With that type of weekly regimen, I'm sure you could run a half marathon as is and wouldn't need to ramp things up too much more for a full haha

I derived my plan from a Hal Higdon plan, and the p's stand for pace. In his plan he wants those runs at race pace with all others at a slower pace. What that means to me is essentially faster runs. So that's when I'll do intervals or try to push myself more than usual.

You're racking up tons of miles per week. Do you participate in long distance races? With that type of weekly regimen, I'm sure you could run a half marathon as is and wouldn't need to ramp things up too much more for a full haha
my miles gorging is easily explained:
1) I'm 48 years old, so I have to get a superstrong base before I can hope to get some speed...
It's hard to improve at my age, so I'm focusing on anaerobic strength first (lots of miles, slow speed) before pushing on the aerobic work.
My plan is to race some adventure race (bike/mountain running) and trail racing.
first races will be short (below 10K) but the distance increases towards the summer (20K and above).
2) the other reason is that I like running, it gives me mind space and a great break from a stressful job, and since I run mainly at lunch, breaks my day in 2 manageable pieces.
I've never officially run a half or full marathon and I don't even have a plan for the near future... but who knows.
On the other hand I had training session where I pushed myself to run the half distance and eventually I'd like to improve my time there (1h47min is my last time).

anyway, it looks like the N&G fitness team (we should be getting official singlets) is keeping to the new year resolution and the hours tracked in endomondo keep growing!
keep it going lads!

How's everyone liking the Endomondo challenge? Right now it goes through the end of March. Would you rather kick off a new one each month? Or keep it as is? Any other changes you'd like to see?

I joined and haven't logged ANYTHING! Hah - sorry about that! I use the Apple Workout app for logging everything as I just kind of like keeping it all in one place. So, Endomondo felt like one more thing. I assume I can go in and manually log stuff? I could do that.

As an unrelated addendum, I'd talked about ordering some Airpods Pro. They arrived last week and seemed like they were gong to be great for a day or two. Then my ears starting hurting and I was getting headaches every time I used them. So... they went back for a refund. Cannot recommend, though certainly others' experiences will be different.

I joined and haven't logged ANYTHING! Hah - sorry about that! I use the Apple Workout app for logging everything as I just kind of like keeping it all in one place. So, Endomondo felt like one more thing. I assume I can go in and manually log stuff? I could do that.

As an unrelated addendum, I'd talked about ordering some Airpods Pro. They arrived last week and seemed like they were gong to be great for a day or two. Then my ears starting hurting and I was getting headaches every time I used them. So... they went back for a refund. Cannot recommend, though certainly others' experiences will be different.
damn that sucks about the Airpods. I have been using the Bose SoundSport Free for about 3 weeks now and I love them. Comfy, stays in my ears snuggly while jogging, moving around quickly. My ear cannals are two different sizes on left/right, so the tiny little ear buds would normally get stuck in one of my ears, but the ear piece for these headphones are one large piece that is a tiny earbud connected to an ear "holder" for lack of a better word. They're great. I'd recommend them if you're still looking for a pair of good headphones. My only complaint, is that they stick out a little wide on the side of my ears, but they don't seem like they're ever going to fall out even though it looks like they should.

I log my stuff manually right now. I'm deciding whether I need a tracker or not.

Back