Fitness!

I ran a half marathon yesterday and it couldn't have been better! A little cold at the start, but it was in a small town on the water and the sunrise views were amazing. PR'd with a 1:42:25, cutting over 30 seconds off of my previous best. Based on the actual distance I ran it was a 7:40 pace.

I can't seem to place in my local events, folks down here are fast haha The race that I ran my previous PR in (not local), I placed 6th overall and 1st in my age group with a total of 64 people. I ran this race faster but finished 18th overall and 5th in my age group even though it was also a small race of 79 people. I also missed out in my age group in a local 10 miler last fall. Something to keep striving towards I suppose haha

This training and that race propelled me into 3rd place in the challenge, but now's everyone's chance to pass me, my running is going to drop off quite a bit now haha

I ran a half marathon yesterday and it couldn't have been better! A little cold at the start, but it was in a small town on the water and the sunrise views were amazing. PR'd with a 1:42:25, cutting over 30 seconds off of my previous best. Based on the actual distance I ran it was a 7:40 pace.

I can't seem to place in my local events, folks down here are fast haha The race that I ran my previous PR in (not local), I placed 6th overall and 1st in my age group with a total of 64 people. I ran this race faster but finished 18th overall and 5th in my age group even though it was also a small race of 79 people. I also missed out in my age group in a local 10 miler last fall. Something to keep striving towards I suppose haha

This training and that race propelled me into 3rd place in the challenge, but now's everyone's chance to pass me, my running is going to drop off quite a bit now haha
Nice work! Who cares about placing when you PR'd?!

Starting to feel off center, I've not been to the gym in three days. We're avoiding large groups of people.
Try and do something at home like a body weight circuit. I found as soon as I fall off the wagon it's so damn hard to get back going.

Thanks Alex, Yesterday I got off my ass and my wife and i took a 5 mile walk. It's raining today so I'll give my old knees a rest. Funny, I can do 4 miles at the gym, treadmill and indoor track and feel great. Outdoors put a hurt on my high mileage, 66 year old knees.

Last few days of the fitness challenge, I know it's hard to exercise right now, but try to find a way!

On that note, do you guys want to start up another challenge after this one is done? Or give it a rest until we're able to go back outside and to the gym?

My gym sent out an email saying they have to shut because of the State's request. And if you want a refund you could get it, or you could get an extension of time for however long they're closed to be added on after they open back up. It's a franchise Snap Fitness run by 3 people so I would feel terrible asking for a refund right now because they may have to close after this is all over with. I haven't been to the gym since the 8th of March out of an abundance of caution anyways. I've been going back to running/walking outside and using the folding stationary bike I have when it's too cold outside. I've also found a really good mix of exercises that don't use any equipment other than a couple of 10lb weights. It's not that hard to have a regular exercise outside of the gym, but going to the gym made it sooooo much easier.

Since I've started going to the gym the first week of January, I'm down about 15lbs~ already. And I've even been losing weight sat at home all day working. My exercise/cardio just needs to be a little longer to hit my step goal since I'm not walking as often during the day at work.

Yeah, I’m losing weight and that is exactly what I don’t want since it is necessarily muscle mass. There’s no at home replacement for 400# squats and 500# deadlifts unless you have a home gym, which I do not. I have some heavy bands arriving Saturday. All the proper barbell equipment on things like LetGo and Craigslist are snapped up and anything remotely economical is out of stock on Amazon, Rogue, Titan, Rep, etc. Etc. The windfall of equipment when this passes will be the stuff of legend I think.

I really need a yoga class followed by some Zumba right now. They closed down my gym two weeks ago and I am fiending for some workout classes. I can do them at home, but it's not the same. My house is small and full of children.

I am deeply out of shape, but I've started trying to go on jogs again. My body's response has been...mixed. But I guess my recovery time is improving.

Feet and ankles and calves are still getting used to the load.

Our Gym is closed until mid April. We're walking a few miles every other day. We are finding out that walking outdoors ins much different than the treadmill or the indoor walking track. I get much more tired outside which is a good thing, I do miss the weights.

Our Gym is closed until mid April. We're walking a few miles every other day. We are finding out that walking outdoors ins much different than the treadmill or the indoor walking track. I get much more tired outside which is a good thing, I do miss the weights.
I always end up running/walking outside faster than I would on a treadmill. It’s really hard to keep a steady pace

Heavy Craigslist/letgo sleuthing paid off big today. I’m equipped with 450# of weights, a proper Olympic bar, and a bench. I’ve got the materials to make a ghetto 2x4 rack in concrete filled buckets, lol. Looking forward to some DOMS in the near future.

any chance we can get our challenge re-started?
I believe this first session has been successful, at least for me.
It's nice to see we're all making efforts in taking care of our health by finding time to exercise.
Now, with most of us confined to our own homes, it becomes more important than ever to keep motivated to work out!

Been doing Joe WIcks' P.E. sessions on Youtube all week with Mrs Moore and the boys. It's the first exercise as such that I've done in 25 years and it's killing me but, I'm enjoying it as a family event and would like to think I'll keep up something after this period passes.

Been doing Joe WIcks' P.E. sessions on Youtube all week with Mrs Moore and the boys. It's the first exercise as such that I've done in 25 years and it's killing me but, I'm enjoying it as a family event and would like to think I'll keep up something after this period passes.
Its incredible that a lot of people (myself included) seem to be doing more exercise during the lockdown than normal! As awful as an experience as this is, its certainly changed parts of my daily routine for the better.

Well ladies and gentlemen, I would say that was a pretty successful Winter Challenge! @debianlinux killed us all and came in at 3d:8h:15m:00s of active time, nice! As a group we had 10 participants, were active for 10.28 days, traveled 614 miles and burned 151,273 calories. I'd say that was pretty successful!haha It's hard to stay motivated during the winter months but I think we successfully helped each other achieve that. Now, I'm finding it's even harder to stay motivated while stuck at home. So the next challenge is set up to get us to summer(ish) and hopefully through the worst of the Coronavirus pandemic. This one is set up the same way, tracking active minutes of any sport, and goes until the end of May. I friend requested everyone from the first challenge because I realized I can't invite you to challenges unless we're friends on Endo which would make getting everyone the link a little easier. Here's the link, go ahead and sign up today!

Back