Fitness!

I missed the thing but I joined now. I dunno if I will track this long. I put enough time into this and this is another layer of overhead. I do track on a spreadsheet so I'll try to log here when I update that.

1. More people need to sign up on the Endomondo challenge.
2. For all the people in the Endomondo challenge:

haha nice! But I agree, there were some others who seemed to express interest who haven't joined yet. @Dash @DashMash @Bohnjaggs @Bennnnn @Englishbob @wokeupnew @Aron @Kris join us! And theres' @sjaygray who signed up but hasn't logged any time yet. I'm assuming you've worked out just haven't linked it to Endo yet? Do it! And if not, get out there!

I love how you call everyone out and @debianlinux comes in and takes the lead from you, challenge accepted! Honestly it's going to be tough for me to compete on time alone with those who aren't just running, but I'm going to start a half marathon training plan in the coming weeks so that should help I hope.

haha nice! But I agree, there were some others who seemed to express interest who haven't joined yet. @Dash @DashMash @Bohnjaggs @Bennnnn @Englishbob @wokeupnew @Aron @Kris join us! And theres' @sjaygray who signed up but hasn't logged any time yet. I'm assuming you've worked out just haven't linked it to Endo yet? Do it! And if not, get out there!

I love how you call everyone out and @debianlinux comes in and takes the lead from you, challenge accepted! Honestly it's going to be tough for me to compete on time alone with those who aren't just running, but I'm going to start a half marathon training plan in the coming weeks so that should help I hope.
It's never a bad idea to have a couple weight training days in there too.

Signed up today.
For now I will have to stick to swimming.
I had to stop running about a year a go due to an ankle tendon injury. It'll need surgical correction and I've been postponing it. My plan is to go under the knife in March.

I was all set to start running on Sunday but woke up with a cold on Saturday morning and it's almost gone now. I'm hoping to be able to start up again soon.

Can you catch me up to speed on what this is all about/how it works? It seems I've missed a lot since being away on vacation.

1. More people need to sign up on the Endomondo challenge.
2. For all the people in the Endomondo challenge:

I just joined, since I already use Endomondo to track my runs. I often walk at lunch, but I only ever track running.

In 2018 I got something called pericarditis, where the membrane bag around my heart got inflamed and filled with fluid. A couple of hospital stays were involved, and the first month I couldn't even walk a block without feeling like I needed to curl up in a ball and pass out. It was months before I could run again, and now I'm back into it, but I'm still not where I was before I got sick... I'm getting there, though.

People were discussing headphones earlier in this thread, and I've liked my Jabra Elite Active 65t headphones. They're wireless, waterproof/sweatproof, and I've been happy with the sound. As a plus, they've never once come loose or fallen out, even on long, sweaty runs.

Last edited:
Not a runner but I’ve been going to the gym since June of last year. Had some minor back issues at the beginning of November and needed to get that sorted and then came the holidays. So I was away for about 2 months.
I walk 20 minutes at work every day during lunch. Ideally I’d like to get to the gym 4 days a week but realistically it’s 2-3 with Saturday and Sunday mornings being constant. I wish I could get up early enough in the mornings during the week and go but that would mean going to bed earlier. I’ve had an Fitbit Inspire HR since last March and enjoy it. It’s been acting a little wonky lately with tracking my sleep. I’ve thought about upgrading to the Apple Watch but them dollar bills.
My gym routine is usually a brisk walk for 20 minutes with maybe a jog of a half a lap to elevate my hr and then 10 minutes on the stationary bike. If I walk for 30 minutes, no bike. I was using weight machines but I’ve recently switched to the resistance machines that use air. My peak weight was 286 in May 2018 and I was down to 243 before my back issues and holidays. Would love to get down to 220 by June so that I can wear half shirts for the summer. I know it’s a gradual transition and my end goal will take more time. I’m doing this solo so maybe this would be a good spot to connect with some of you.

It's never a bad idea to have a couple weight training days in there too.

Yeah, that's very true, I need to work on that. My plan this winter was to run 1-2 times a week and do body weight workouts 2-3 times a week to stay active but not necessarily outside in the dark/cold, but of course, that didn't happen at all haha. Having 3 kids at home it's enough of a challenge to find 3 days a week to run much less add more to that, but I need to try harder too.

A new local spring half marathon (we didn't have any halfs local to me before this) was announced last fall without any dates so I had that as a target. They finally announced the date and it's March 8th, so I guess I'll begin training today, much sooner than I anticipated haha I've only ever put together 12 week training plans for halfs before, so this 8 week one will be interesting. As a result I think I'm going to try to run the Coastal Delaware Half in Rehoboth Beach, DE on April 19th too, 6 weeks after that one, since I'll be in better shape and want to see if I can improve my time. Let the training, and hopefully catching up on the leader board, begin!

Can you catch me up to speed on what this is all about/how it works? It seems I've missed a lot since being away on vacation.
@RowBearToe What do you need to join the Endomondo challenge, I tried scrolling back but didn't see what it was.

@debianlinux summed it up well, and this post: Fitness! should help a bit with some of the questions, but essentially we've set up a "challenge" to help stay motivated that is based on active minutes. So no matter what activity you are doing, running, walking, weight training, dancing, yoga, biking, snowboarding, you can participate. The idea is to help keep each other motivated to stay active. You can join the challenge, here: Needles & Grooves Winter Motivation Challenge! | Most active minutes (All sports) Challenge | Endomondo and simply input any activities on Endomondo. Endo has an app that you can use to track runs or bike rides, or allows you to manually enter workouts. If you use Strava or another app already, there is a site that will sync them to Endo for you in my original post. Let me know if you have any other questions or have any issues.

Other than that, just get out there and stay active!

Create an account at endo. Login to said account. Open the link in this thread. Click join challenge button. Otherwise you just log at endo using add workout.

It's an Under Armour account that you have to make, though, isn't it? I decided not to make any more of those after their big data breach, but if accounts are through endo and not them then I might join up after all

It's an Under Armour account that you have to make, though, isn't it? I decided not to make any more of those after their big data breach, but if accounts are through endo and not them then I might join up after all

Under Armour purchased Endomondo a few years back, and I already had an Endo account at that point in time, but I'm pretty sure you create an Endomondo account, not an Under Armour one. Can one of you who signed up recently confirm?

Under Armour purchased Endomondo a few years back, and I already had an Endo account at that point in time, but I'm pretty sure you create an Endomondo account, not an Under Armour one. Can one of you who signed up recently confirm?
It appeared to be an endo singup but I do see a UA logo in the app itself. My imagination suggests it's the same data warehouse backend.

I would love to join that challenge but I am absolutely terrible at logging anything, records (discogs), workouts, calories etc. So I don't use any. Lucky enough that my fitbit logs it for me otherwise I'd never keep track. I used to keep track of workouts in Dailymile (RIP) before I got a fitbit but half the time I'd forget. IF this challenge can sync easily with my fitbit workouts then I'm all for it.

@debianlinux summed it up well, and this post: Fitness! should help a bit with some of the questions, but essentially we've set up a "challenge" to help stay motivated that is based on active minutes. So no matter what activity you are doing, running, walking, weight training, dancing, yoga, biking, snowboarding, you can participate. The idea is to help keep each other motivated to stay active. You can join the challenge, here: Needles & Grooves Winter Motivation Challenge! | Most active minutes (All sports) Challenge | Endomondo and simply input any activities on Endomondo. Endo has an app that you can use to track runs or bike rides, or allows you to manually enter workouts. If you use Strava or another app already, there is a site that will sync them to Endo for you in my original post. Let me know if you have any other questions or have any issues.

Other than that, just get out there and stay active!
So I just got an Apple Watch. Decided to stop using Fitbit and do this instead. I think it's made me more active just throughout the day. I'm assuming there'd be a way to upload/share my results through my watch? If so, I can do that. And maybe this challenge will make me up my game even more.

Back