Fitness!

Since my half over a month ago, I've had this lingering pain/tightness on the outside of my right hip. If the IT band were to continue up, that's where it hurts haha. It doesn't hurt when I run, but I've noticed it feels tight or hurts when I stand up after sitting a long time and other instances like that. Hoping it's an inflexibility and not stretching enough issue, so I tried yoga for the first time yesterday. I really enjoyed it and hope to do it at least a couple times a week and hopefully it will help with this hip issue. But man, I didn't realize how inflexible I was until now haha I couldn't even get my body to move to do some of the beginner poses, I've got work to do!

anyone have any recommendations for workouts to do without weights? I have a yoga mat, resistance bands, and a jump rope. I have been doing bicep curls with backpacks filled with books, but I don't love it. Thanks in advance

anyone have any recommendations for workouts to do without weights? I have a yoga mat, resistance bands, and a jump rope. I have been doing bicep curls with backpacks filled with books, but I don't love it. Thanks in advance
Pushups, Squats, Sit ups, Dead Bugs. I usually do all of those when exercising. Plus I use some small 10lb weights to do some biceps as well as shoulder presses with individual weights, usually while alternating arms while on one knee.

Put your band across each palm and then behind your back. Do push-ups like this.

If you have a pull-up bar or other overhead anchor, sit down and do band lat pull downs.

In the same setup face the band standing up, grasp with both hands at chest height with elbows tucked in. Straighten the arms downward with elbows staying tucked. Banded tricep pushdowns.

Hold your arms out with palms up and shoulder width apart. Pull the band apart with a slight upward motion in the shoulders.

If you have a door anchor, anchor to the bottom of the door. Lay flat on your stomach. Loop the band around one ankle. Banded hamstring curls.

If you have a vertical pole, column, etc. Stand with band taught in one hand at your side. Push the band across your chest without letting your torso rotate.

Same pole sit facing the pole and the band wrapped around with one end in each hand. With knuckles facing up pull towards your face and then out and try to make the bent arm showing off muscles pose. This is called a face pull and is amazing for your shoulders.

Google/YouTube band exercises ad infiniteum. It helps to have various different bands, handles, loops, and anchors.

With 10lb dumbbells try holding a plank position and then rowing on arm up without letting your body rotate.

From the same position reach across and under your other arm with your weighted arm straight. These are hard as hell.

Still in plank, raise one weighted arm straight up and out and hold for 5 seconds.

Standing up with a weight in each hand with hands down by your side and palms facing up lift straight out from the side until you are parallel to shoulder height. At this point rotate to palms down and do a controlled descent. Rotate back to palm up and repet. Make his a fluid motion throughout.

Get into a lunge position with your torso bent over your forward leg. Not too crazy with the lean. Tuck your weighted arm‘s elbow to your side. Straighten your arm backwards without moving the elbow. These are called tricep kickbacks. Learn to hold 5 seconds.

Stand with weights at your side knuckles facing down. Keeping arm rigid and straight lift directly in front of you until arm is parallel with shoulder. Make a controlled descent. Welcome to front raises.

Is anyone else having problems logging in workouts in endomondo? I also tried to sync my fitbit but it didn't seem to work.

I haven't had any problems. I sync my runs via my smartwatch and I've been manually inputting yoga sessions and both have worked fine. At what step in the process is it failing?

I haven't had any problems. I sync my runs via my smartwatch and I've been manually inputting yoga sessions and both have worked fine. At what step in the process is it failing?
I log in and push the "Add a Workout" button on the top ribbon and it either signs me out or does nothing. I tried to sync my watch but I'm not sure what happened. I have three workouts that I need to input/upload--and yes, I did indicate that I was doing a workout on the watch to log it in the fitbit.

Is anyone else having problems logging in workouts in endomondo? I also tried to sync my fitbit but it didn't seem to work.
I log in and push the "Add a Workout" button on the top ribbon and it either signs me out or does nothing. I tried to sync my watch but I'm not sure what happened. I have three workouts that I need to input/upload--and yes, I did indicate that I was doing a workout on the watch to log it in the fitbit.
And because I finally ask, it's letting me log workouts...

And because I finally ask, it's letting me log workouts...
I'm the family (and work) tech guy. It's gotten to the point people just request I come stand next to them while they do something because it never fails to work while I am watching them do it. It happened just this morning when my wife tried to print from her phone.

I'm the family (and work) tech guy. It's gotten to the point people just request I come stand next to them while they do something because it never fails to work while I am watching them do it. It happened just this morning when my wife tried to print from her phone.
I'm a data analyst so I'm also doing some tech stuff. I surmise that the only time something technical actually works is the function of how stupid the mistake is by how embarrassed you feel when you find it in front of an audience of your peers.

I'm a data analyst so I'm also doing some tech stuff. I surmise that the only time something technical actually works is the function of how stupid the mistake is by how embarrassed you feel when you find it in front of an audience of your peers.
It's like the rule that the person not in control of the keyboard or pointing device will see the button that needs clicking long before the person in control of said devices.

Needing some advice on road running shoes...
Anybody has any insights on the following?
Saucony - Triumph 17
Nike - Zoom Pegasus Turbo 2
Hoka - Rincon
On - CloudSwift
New Balance - 1080v10
I’m coming from some beat up New Balance that have worked well but need an update.

Saucony - Triumph 17
Hoka - Rincon
On - CloudSwift
New Balance - 1080v10
I’m coming from some beat up New Balance that have worked well but need an update.

I'm a Brooks guy so unfortunately don't have any insight into any of those, but when I select new shoes I usually check reviews on Runner's World. They've always had a review for every shoe I was considering, so maybe try that? Also, do you know the type of shoe you need? Neutral, Supportive, etc? Brooks has a cool tool on their website that's asks questions about how you run and your mechanics (but makes it easy to determine the answers) and makes recommendations of their shoes for you. You could always take that information to use somewhere else if you don't want Brooks though.

Saucony - Triumph 17
Hoka - Rincon
On - CloudSwift
New Balance - 1080v10
I'm a Brooks guy so unfortunately don't have any insight into any of those, but when I select new shoes I usually check reviews on Runner's World. They've always had a review for every shoe I was considering, so maybe try that? Also, do you know the type of shoe you need? Neutral, Supportive, etc? Brooks has a cool tool on their website that's asks questions about how you run and your mechanics (but makes it easy to determine the answers) and makes recommendations of their shoes for you. You could always take that information to use somewhere else if you don't want Brooks though.
I'm a Brooks gal, too.

The first time I got fitted for running shoes, I went to a running store. I was paired up with some lovely New Balance shoes and I wore New Balance shoes for years. I needed a bit extra support and I have high arches and NB wasn't cutting it. I read several articles that pointed me to Brooks and I've been there since.

My wife works for Fleet Feet. Their retail employees are under constant and fairly technical training. She would be the first to say you shoudl get fitted for the right shoes and not be picking strictly on brand or reviews. Even if you walk out and buy them online it's still the suggested course of action. I have no idea how but they are doing virtual fit sessions right now so look around and see if you have a Fleet Feet or similar open and able to work with you.

All that said, Mizuno Waveknits are the perfect shoe for me (especially since as family I got them at cost).

Definitely tried the tool, I know Brooks have been well reviewed in the past, but I didn’t see them much in top lists for running shoes. Which I was surprised to see
I'm a Brooks gal, too.

The first time I got fitted for running shoes, I went to a running store. I was paired up with some lovely New Balance shoes and I wore New Balance shoes for years. I needed a bit extra support and I have high arches and NB wasn't cutting it. I read several articles that pointed me to Brooks and I've been there since.
That’s two for Brooks! 🤔
I don’t have much of an arch, and I step off to the side so NB Fresh Foam worked great... I would get them again but curious as to what else is out there!
My wife works for Fleet Feet. Their retail employees are under constant and fairly technical training. She would be the first to say you shoudl get fitted for the right shoes and not be picking strictly on brand or reviews. Even if you walk out and buy them online it's still the suggested course of action. I have no idea how but they are doing virtual fit sessions right now so look around and see if you have a Fleet Feet or similar open and able to work with you.

All that said, Mizuno Waveknits are the perfect shoe for me (especially since as family I got them at cost).
I’ll definitely check them out! Really interested in that!

Definitely tried the tool, I know Brooks have been well reviewed in the past, but I didn’t see them much in top lists for running shoes. Which I was surprised to see

That’s two for Brooks! 🤔
I don’t have much of an arch, and I step off to the side so NB Fresh Foam worked great... I would get them again but curious as to what else is out there!

I’ll definitely check them out! Really interested in that!
Brooks Ghosts are annually the top or near the top in "neutral" running shoes per Runner's World reviews. I have tried Asics, Mizunos, Saucony, New Balance, Hoka, etc., and always end up going back to Brooks. If you tend to favor the outside or inside of your foot, you would probably benefit from their "stability" shoe. The companion to the Ghost is the Adrenaline. Same shoe but has guide rails. All that said, get fitted at a local shop and find out what feels best on your feet. Everyone is different. Many shops are still open for curbside pickup and there are online tools to check for foot type if there is nothing open near you. Good luck!

Brooks Ghosts are annually the top or near the top in "neutral" running shoes per Runner's World reviews. I have tried Asics, Mizunos, Saucony, New Balance, Hoka, etc., and always end up going back to Brooks. If you tend to favor the outside or inside of your foot, you would probably benefit from their "stability" shoe. The companion to the Ghost is the Adrenaline. Same shoe but has guide rails. All that said, get fitted at a local shop and find out what feels best on your feet. Everyone is different. Many shops are still open for curbside pickup and there are online tools to check for foot type if there is nothing open near you. Good luck!
A third for Brooks! Will definitely be at the top now!
I scheduled a virtual fitting for today with Fleet Feet, thanks @debianlinux ! Will keep y’all updated on my experience

Back