February 2022 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread - Games People Play

Day 21 - Solitaire - Play an album that features only one performer OR play something you like to listen to when you're alone

Dave Grohl - Lead Guitar
Dave Grohl - Rhythm Guitar
Dave Grohl - Bass
Dave Grohl - Drums
Dave Grohl - Vocals

Still my favorite and what I consider the best of the Foos. Ironically, at the time, there was only a sole Foo.

I just adore this song.,..

Just looked at how much this OG is going for. Good Lord, people have lost their minds...

Foo Fighters - S/T

20200719_001953.jpg

Day 21 - Solitaire - Play an album that features only one performer OR play something you like to listen to when you're alone50962583408_a9b050f726_k.jpg

Emily Barker – The Toerag Sessions​

Label:Everyone Sang – ES143LP
Format:Vinyl, LP, Album, Limited Edition
Released:6 Apr 2015
Genre:Folk, World, & Country
notes from the record
"The idea for this album came as a result of people, having seen me perform a solo set, asking if there was any way they could get hold of recordings of my songs as they'd just heard them. I recorded these versions live to two track tape at Toerag Studios, Homerton, on 7th and 8th January 2015, with no edits, no overdubs and no post-processing. It was mastered directly from the tap at Gearbox Records, Kings Cross, and pressed at Optimal in Germany. I picked some of my own favourites; songs from as far back as the-low-country right up to a brand new one, Anywhere Away. Hope you enjoy listening..."

Day 21 - Solitaire - Play an album that features only one performer OR play something you like to listen to when you're alone

DSC_0001.JPG

Nine Inch Nails – Pretty Hate Machine
UMe – B0015099-01, 1989/2010

Cut by Wes Garland at Nashville Record Productions
Pressed at United

aY9XAp.jpg

gL30Uo.jpg

Acoustic / Solo versions of the songs that ended up on Shepherd's Dog. Also a perfect album for this mornings coffee while the rest of the house is still asleep.

Iron and Wine ~ Archive Series Vol 4 (Fall 2007)

1645461579921.png

Acoustic / Solo versions of the songs that ended up on Shepherd's Dog. Also a perfect album for this mornings coffee while the rest of the house is still asleep.

View attachment 129730
The Shepherd's Dog is one of my favourite albums ever, and I love these demos, too. Wish there were versions of the other four tracks, too, though I can see how they might have been more studio creations.

The Shepherd's Dog is one of my favourite albums ever, and I love these demos, too. Wish there were versions of the other four tracks, too, though I can see how they might have been more studio creations.
I remember downloading the tracks when he originally posted them (2008? 2007?) and I think that's all that he posted then too. I love that the Shepherd's Dog songs are fully realized in both versions though. Not like many of the expanded releases where the demos are obviously that.

View attachment 129730

This is one of the very few Iron & Wine releases my wife doesn't have yet. I need to remedy that sometime!

I remember downloading the tracks when he originally posted them (2008? 2007?) and I think that's all that he posted then too. I love that the Shepherd's Dog songs are fully realized in both versions though. Not like many of the expanded releases where the demos are obviously that.
Yep, same here. They are the same versions as the "Fall 2007" release, just in a different order for some reason. I don't really listen the demos from the Our Endless Numbered Days reissue from a few years ago, but I'd love to hear more early versions of the songs like this where they became something different. That's one of the main reasons I love seeing him live, too, doing so much of his catalogue in other ways with different arrangements.

Back