February 2022 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread - Games People Play

Day 12 - Perfection - Play a record that is all killer, no filler

My last time playing an "all killer, no filler" pick was MJ - Thriller...so I'll try to find something else.

Peter Gabriel – So
Real World Records – PGLPR5X, 1986/2016

2x45 RPM, limited/numbered (to 10,000?) - #2527

Cut by Matt Colton at Alchemy
Pressed at Record Industry

kBp6yz.jpg

EZw7WT.jpg

Day 15 - Pay Day - Play an expensive record OR one that you bought during a record buying spree

No real buying sprees for me in the last couple years. I've only had one trip up to Portland during the Covid-era, and my local closed.

There are some recent purchase that are already at or near the $100, none of which were all that expensive when ordered - the Clue score I posted in the spinning thread last week, the new Korn album variant I have, the subscriber variant of the score for Carrie, Vampire Hunter D OST, Puscifer Live, Last Night In Soho Soundtrack, New Mastodon Deluxe variant, Halloween Kills OST variant.

This reissue snuck in quietly back in 2020. I ordered it from SRCVinyl, a store that I find to be slightly shady sometimes. This release quickly went OOP and prices went up just as fast.

Xr0Gb4.jpg

I really don't know why they aren't reissuing any of the other albums, though, it's a bit odd.

Slipknot – Slipknot
Roadrunner Records – RR 8655-1, 1999/2020

Pressed at Precision/GZ

m2spse.jpg

F8geZA.jpg

Back