February 2022 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread - Games People Play

Day 11 - Go Fish
Play a record you got from someone else OR play an album related to fish or fishing

Pavement - Crooked Rain Crooked Rain

View attachment 128450

Thanks again, @TenderLovingKiller® for being my first SS. While I can't quite say that I'm a Pavement fan yet, I do enjoy their music.

Day 11 - Go Fish - Play a record you got from someone else OR play an album related to fish or fishing

Like @Rip_City I'm playing a @TenderLovingKiller® Secret Santa Gift. A great balance to the heavier albums he sent as my Secret Santa last year, this one just drifts along in the best possible way.

Steve Gunn ~ Other /\ You

View attachment 128492
Aw shucks guys! 😊

Pavement is one of my all time favs and Steve Gunn’s album was my favorite album from 2021. I hope you fellas get plenty of mileage out of both!

Day 11: Go Fish
Play an album related to fish or fishing
King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - Fishing For Fishies
3727C30B-F645-48A5-A563-C81C54B27876.jpeg
I had a few options to go with and was thinking of leaving this one for @Hemotep to play (He probably has plenty of other options to choose from; particularly from another band with a Pisces moniker) but in reviewing my options I realized my Flightless pressing of this record had somehow managed to remain sealed (I hate when that happens). So I figured now as a good time to break it out. I am glad I did too. If I recall, I purchased this album after just getting into KGATLW and ordered it directly from Flightless without ever giving it a proper listen and for some reason, when I gave the first couple songs a go I think I was a bit disappointed at the time. Goes to show ya how music taste evolve over time because listening to this now with fresh ears I am absolutely digging it. This might be a top 5 Gizz record for me.

Last edited:
Day 11 - Go Fish - Play a record you got from someone else OR play an album related to fish or fishing

Black Flower - Future Flora

20220211_191809.jpg

For N&G Secret Santa 2020, @Crabbers sent me this. I hadn't heard of them and iirc someone had gifted him one of their records the previous year. I missed SS 2021, but for this year I might need to revive the tradition.

Day 11: Go Fish
Play an album related to fish or fishing
King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - Fishing For Fishies
View attachment 128502
I had a few options to go with and was thinking of leaving this one for @Hemotep to play (He probably has plenty of other options to choose from; particularly from another band with a Pisces moniker) but in reviewing my options I realized my Flightless pressing of this record had somehow managed to remain sealed (I hate when that happens). So I figured now as a good time to break it out. I am glad I did too. If I recall, I purchased this album after just getting into KGATLW and ordered it directly from Flightless without ever giving it a proper listen and for some reason, when I gave the first couple songs a go I think I was a bit disappointed at the time. Goes to show ya how music taste evolve over time because listening to this now with fresh ears I am absolutely digging it. This might be a top 5 Gizz record for me.

I considered playing this for the theme. Glad you have come around. It is an infectious one.

Moodymann "DJ-Kicks" (2020 !K7 Records)
This was a PIF from @uvwxVinyl received in the summer of 2021. Got several spins out of it since, so I'm super happy about this one.

View attachment 128547

Happy to hear it's getting love 😍

Day 11 - Go Phish - Play a record you got from someone else AND play an album related to fish or fishing

I'll do one for each.

My good friend brought this over one day and said "This is for you, this house needs this record."
It's his favorite Stones album, and it has made it into my top five.
IMG_0077.JPG

And , here's a fishing record....

IMG_0075.JPGIMG_0074.JPG

Day Nine - Backgammon - Play something complex

Radiohead - Kid A

B0C09207-B084-4F7F-A189-898189C36E0A.jpeg

I was a freshman in college with the fastest internet I had ever experienced and was excited to download the new Radiohead album that leaked like a month before the release date. Those first few notes of “Everything In Its Right Place” made me think I downloaded the wrong thing. Not “complex” but it was even further separation from the “Creep” sound.

Back