February 2021 Challenge (& Raffle)

Day 12: Moneybags

Everything ahead of this is a box set or 2xLP. I got this at a local antique mall for 4 bucks. My former record store has a booth there. It's not in great condition sonically-wise, but it sounds fine for the music that it is.

"Introducing The Sonics" is their 3rd album, so I'm not sure why there is a need for an introduction.

Screenshot 2021-02-12 034002.jpg

The Sonics ‎– Introducing The Sonics
Jerden ‎– JRL-7007, 1967

Mono

gIU4gr.jpg

Hjqz5D.jpg

44QUCl.jpg

Fri 12 – Moneybags: Spin the single disc you have with the highest max value on Cogs.

Screenshot 2021-02-11 063710.png

New Found Glory - Sticks and Stones

I played Saba in December's challenge for the same theme, and Childish, Pretty Lights, Lupe, and .Paak are all 2xLPs. So sticking with the "single disc" theme, this one comes in next. What's crazy to me is I bought all of these for less than 30 bucks. I'm actually very surprised at how high they've all gotten.

Day 12 - moneybags

Orchestre du Bawobab - Visage du Senegaal

I confused even myself with the "single disc" instruction (I really meant not a boxset) but I'll go with it. So it's not Beyoncé (v odd price) or Jimi (vaguely more believable) but Orchestre Baobab, or Bawobab as they were known at this time. It's a truly wonderful record with one of the great Afro-funk songs on it. Not quite sure my copy is worth that much, but the record is in great condition and that's the main thing. Love this album.

Discogs Max.png

Bawobab.jpg

Day 12 - moneybags

Hot Chip "Coming On Strong" (2004 Moshi Moshi, original pressing with silk screened sleeve, No. 202 of 500)

So I enjoyed Hot Chip the moment I heard their goofy yet emotional electro-funk, but I never thought they'd get as big as they did and have so much staying power. I guess this first indie release picked-up some value over the years. Max is currently CA$453.42.

This pressing of "Coming On Strong" is missing one of my favorite tracks "Down With Prince"... but no problem since I also have the 12" single. I usually slots it in after side 1 is finished and before playing side 2. That single is actually not worth much.

1613144354292.png

As an aside, WTF happened with that Funkadelic pressing for the MAX to be so out of whack with the median?

IMG_1296.JPG
IMG_1297.JPG

Day 12: Moneybags
Spin the single disc you have with the highest max value on Cogs
Khruangbin - Con Todo El Mundo TTL Exclusive
7392A496-15CE-433C-AE6F-CCC4B9001946.jpeg

To quote our good uncle This is STUPID...
1B022B59-08BD-451E-B894-C90BA5FC80E5.jpeg

I hope the colored wax in my photo really pops cuz that is what some rich idiot is paying for here. At least the others that are ridiculously priced can’t be found in the vinyl format for a cheaper price in a different color. Regardless, good tunes heading into the weekend.

Day 12: Moneybags. Spin the single disc you have with the stupidest highest max value on Cogs.

Not what I expected to see at the top - and the very top. I went so far as to check the Matrix / Runout to see that I had the right version entered.

I'm suspecting money laundering at this point. Obviously an outlier, that purchase did not shift the median value all that much.

Van Morrison ~ Moondance

Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 9.54.59.png

1613153126239.png

Day 8 - You should have been there

Uncle Tupelo - Live at Lounge Ax / March 24, 1994

While I did not see them at Lounge Ax, I did catch Uncle Tupelo on the Anodyne tour....November 13, 1993 at La Luna here in Portland. They played 23 songs, snuck in a cover of Willin', and finished with an encore of two more covers: Truck Drivin' Man and a rowdy rendition of Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere. Oh, and Giant Sand opened up. Epic show!

IMG_0357.jpeg

Fri 12 – Moneybags
Spin the single disc you have with the highest max value on Cogs.

The Appleseed Cast - The Fleeting Light of Impermanence

Coming in at $150, the highest max value for a single LP I have is this one... although my copy would sell for much less, as I PIFfed my first copy of this album with the cover, and then when the replacement arrived from the label, it was just the vinyl! 🤷‍♀️

20200406_154605-jpg.39923

Back