Feature requests?

Is the watched threads thing being worked on to have all the unread listed first?
There is no option to change how the Watched Threads filter in the current build. It might be something we can customize the page coding to do, but it's a back burner option at the moment.

Is there any way to prevent people's avatars / images from showing-up in google image searches for needlesandgrooves?

I assume not, but thought it might be a privacy / security thing.

Is there any way to prevent people's avatars / images from showing-up in google image searches for needlesandgrooves?

Good question. This happened with the old place too. Not sure if it can be done.

It’s the internet, there’s not much you can do besides not post it at all. Images are indexed just like other content and anything posted here will be cached by google, etc.

The fav icon is set by the XenForo forum software. It appears most of the time for me and was included on bookmarks. However, every once and awhile it doesn't appear. Not sure why. I'll have to do some digging on the XenForo support forums to see if I can find anything that explains this / offers a solution.
I do see the favicon more often than not on Chrome, but it always has a red dot as though there's a notification or something. Is there a way to get the red dot to not show?

Is there any way to have animated avatars on here? Mine was technically a GIF but it no longer moves like it did on the old forum.

I do see the favicon more often than not on Chrome, but it always has a red dot as though there's a notification or something. Is there a way to get the red dot to not show?

I'm not sure why the notification dot always shows, it does for me too. I wonder if it's because we enabled push notifications? In any event, it is not something we can control.

Is there any way to have animated avatars on here? Mine was technically a GIF but it no longer moves like it did on the old forum.

Try uploading your avatar again, it should work now.

There is no option to change how the Watched Threads filter in the current build. It might be something we can customize the page coding to do, but it's a back burner option at the moment.
Damn, this seems top shelf feature to me but I have no idea what is important to the staff or the majority. Is there a list of intended features somewhere?

Not sure what everyone else thinks of this, but some forum sites have a live chat function. Basically would act as a big group chat for forum members. That could be a cool thing to implement here, if anyone else likes the idea.

Not sure what everyone else thinks of this, but some forum sites have a live chat function. Basically would act as a big group chat for forum members. That could be a cool thing to implement here, if anyone else likes the idea.
We have a Discord server, but it's woefully underused.

Do up a point system so everytime you do a successful trade/purchase in the sale threads you get a point and the points sit underneath location <<< so everyone can see it.

And when you click the points you can see each point awarded and each individual point is hyperlinked to each thread where the purchase took place so its basically like a mini ebay.

Last edited:
Do up a point system so everytime you do a successful trade/purchase in the sale threads you get a point and the points sit underneath location <<< so everyone can see it.
giphy.gif

And when you click the points you can see each point awarded and each individual point is hyperlinked to each thread where the purchase took place so its basically like a mini ebay.
While people are able to buy and sell here, that isn't our purpose, and the amount of effort to set up the system, etc, seems to vastly exceed its usefulness for the community overall--especially since a lot of our trustworthiness is based in personal relationships rather than business history. We don't want to be an eBay or a discogs.

While people are able to buy and sell here, that isn't our purpose, and the amount of effort to set up the system, etc, seems to vastly exceed its usefulness for the community overall--especially since a lot of our trustworthiness is based in personal relationships rather than business history. We don't want to be an eBay or a discogs.

I thought it just be a plugin
But aight I understand tx for the follow up :)

I thought it just be a plugin
But aight I understand tx for the follow up :)

It would be, albeit a custom one we would have to create.

It's not really feasible as we are not a platform for buying and selling. Each transaction is handled individually between the two parties through third party payment methods. There would be no way to track that without creating our own sales platform as well. Not only is that time consumer, but expensive.

Back