Everything Video Games!

B

Both great games that I have 100% trophies in. Limbo I did on the Vita...the only dieing 5 times is rough. I plan on starting Spider man sometime soon as well. Good job on RDR2...I'm only on chapter 3

Thanks! Not sure I can recommend the 100% on RDR2, but definitely finish the story!

And yeah, that dying less than 5 times thing in Limbo was tough. I had several restarts after that death at 95% through. Do they have something like that in Inside? I haven't looked at the list yet.

Side note: I think that one actually put me off from attempting a deathless run in Ori and the Blind Forest.

Anybody played the "new" DOOM? Worth it for $6.59 on humble, right? Or maybe Dishonored 2 for $8 instead.
Haven't gotten around to Doom, but Dishonored 2 is very enjoyable if you played the first one. Just don't do the no powers, and never get seen achievements in one run. You'll pull your hair out. You can basically sprint through most of the game, so do the no powers one as a somewhat speed run, and use powers to not get seen. Then do a third play through and murder the hell out of everything.

Thanks! Not sure I can recommend the 100% on RDR2, but definitely finish the story!

And yeah, that dying less than 5 times thing in Limbo was tough. I had several restarts after that death at 95% through. Do they have something like that in Inside? I haven't looked at the list yet.

Side note: I think that one actually put me off from attempting a deathless run in Ori and the Blind Forest.

Haven't gotten around to Doom, but Dishonored 2 is very enjoyable if you played the first one. Just don't do the no powers, and never get seen achievements in one run. You'll pull your hair out. You can basically sprint through most of the game, so do the no powers one as a somewhat speed run, and use powers to not get seen. Then do a third play through and murder the hell out of everything.

Oh I haven't played Inside..thought you were saying you are starting Limbo for the first time. Maybe I'll eventually get the 100% in RDR2....but like the first game, it'll be over a long time...here's how long it took to finish the 1st one (which is my favorite PS3 game):Screenshot_20190723-162718.png

Last edited:
I did really enjoy the first one. Since it is a PC deal, the achievements are less of a big deal to me. For some reason I don't worry about getting them as much as on my PlayStation. Kind of a pro and cons thing. Pro for grinds and con since I'm not motivated to get as much replay value.

Ooh, Shadow of the Colossus PS4 is only $11.99. Decisions, decisions.

Oh I haven't played Inside..thought you were saying you are starting Limbo for the first time. Maybe I'll eventually get the 100% in RDR2....but like the first game, it'll be over a long time...here's how long it took to finish the 1st one (which is my favorite PS3 game):View attachment 12119
Sorry for the confusion. RDR1 took me quite a while too, not quite that long, but I put over 100 hours into it. I've also been playing RDR2 since January. With open world games, I usually play one at a time, so it's nice to be able to play some of the other open worlds I've been neglecting - Spider-Man now, Horizon once I finish that one.

You should absolutely, without-a-doubt, 100% play Inside. It is one of the most interesting games I have ever played, and it is immaculately designed.
My first impression was that it plays exactly like limbo, but there's so much mystery from the get go. Lots going on in the background that just invokes a ton a questions.

Kids were being butts last night, so I decided against playing any Bloodborne and played some Spider-Man instead. I gotta say, if Insomniac does one thing better than just about anyone else, it's getting a character around a city. Hot damn, those movement controls are once again butter. If you never played Sunset Overdrive, they took all the good movement stuff from that and adapted it to how the webslinger would move.

Kids were being butts last night, so I decided against playing any Bloodborne and played some Spider-Man instead. I gotta say, if Insomniac does one thing better than just about anyone else, it's getting a character around a city. Hot damn, those movement controls are once again butter. If you never played Sunset Overdrive, they took all the good movement stuff from that and adapted it to how the webslinger would move.
It's so fun to just do nothing in that game. I'm like 63% of the way through and have barely scratched the story.

Almost done with:
Spider-Man
Resident Evil 2
Yoku's Island Express

Pre-ordered:
Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Also delved back into FF XIV and remember why I love it again. Working my way through the post-Heavensward quests and will begin Stormblood soon. Had some friends get it too, so we'll all probably transfer to the same server here soon.

It's so fun to just do nothing in that game. I'm like 63% of the way through and have barely scratched the story.
I've played probably close to 4 hours now, and story wise I have something about a birthday party and going back to work after Octavius finds out I'm "working on Spidey's equipment for him." The rest of the time has been spent just running around beating baddies up and grabbing backpacks.

I just finished Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. It was the first game I've played on the Switch that had issues with bugs and crashes. It was also one of the best love letters to Castlevania I've ever played. So absolutely fun. And the frustrating and confusing trek to the "good ending" (basically anything other than the "bad ending" which you'd get by, you know, beating the final boss the way you'd expect to go and win a game) was a rarely delightful experience for me... I'm usually anything but a "completionist" with games (and didn't continue to make my 98.4% map completion read "100" because dammit I saw the end and that's accomplishment enough. I'm old. Let me take my wins when I can.
But for real, if you're a fan of Castlevania games, or of "metroidvanias" in general, this game is worth a shot... It's challenging-if-you're-me but also a game I could complete, which means it's nowhere near as difficult as Hollow Knight (yeah I've rambled about that game forever but I still only dream to finish it some day) and can likely be wrapped up in a couple weeks or less if you've a bit of free time and more focus than myself :)

I just finished Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. It was the first game I've played on the Switch that had issues with bugs and crashes. It was also one of the best love letters to Castlevania I've ever played. So absolutely fun. And the frustrating and confusing trek to the "good ending" (basically anything other than the "bad ending" which you'd get by, you know, beating the final boss the way you'd expect to go and win a game) was a rarely delightful experience for me... I'm usually anything but a "completionist" with games (and didn't continue to make my 98.4% map completion read "100" because dammit I saw the end and that's accomplishment enough. I'm old. Let me take my wins when I can.
But for real, if you're a fan of Castlevania games, or of "metroidvanias" in general, this game is worth a shot... It's challenging-if-you're-me but also a game I could complete, which means it's nowhere near as difficult as Hollow Knight (yeah I've rambled about that game forever but I still only dream to finish it some day) and can likely be wrapped up in a couple weeks or less if you've a bit of free time and more focus than myself :)
I heard that the Switch port had bugs and crashes, which is a bummer. I think I may pick it up on PS4, my local Walmart is selling it at a discount. Not sure if you've every watched Yahtzee's Zero Punctuation reviews, but he gave it a lot of praise and said it basically rolls up all the good stuff from all the 2D Castlevania's including and since Symphony of the Night. I loved to DS games, so that was especially appealing. He also gave it a generally positive review, which is incredibly rare for him.

Hey guys...Anyone here want in on the Ghost Recon tech test starting Tomorrow? It runs for 3 days and is for PS4. If so Message me, we can exchange PSN ID’s and you would have to sign up for the Ubisoft Club too. I have 3 extra invites.

I heard that the Switch port had bugs and crashes, which is a bummer. I think I may pick it up on PS4, my local Walmart is selling it at a discount. Not sure if you've every watched Yahtzee's Zero Punctuation reviews, but he gave it a lot of praise and said it basically rolls up all the good stuff from all the 2D Castlevania's including and since Symphony of the Night. I loved to DS games, so that was especially appealing. He also gave it a generally positive review, which is incredibly rare for him.

Yeah I heard the Switch version is all kinds of messed up. I got it on PS4 and it’s a pretty fun game. Reminds me of a mash up of Castlevania and Dead Cells but slightly better imo because there’s a bunch of quests to do.

Here’s a code for the PS4 7.00 System software beta. Up to 20 people can use it.

6693-EQN2-PRTR

It has something to do with Party Chat, but you can get the rundown when you redeem the code. One thing to keep in mind is that after you update you can only party chat with others that have the beta.

Back