Everything Video Games!

three houses is the only game i’m looking forward to this year. was considering playing fe fates before three houses comes out, but didn’t want to start it and then not being able to finish it by the time 3H comes releases in two weeks

93.4% complete in RDR2. Still have some prologue, the gambling challenges 4-10 (ugh) and some cleanup stuff, including getting those perfect tiny bird carcasses. I'm hoping to finish this by the end of the week so I can move on.

If it's not fun, then why
I realized that last sentence in my comment seems a bit harsh. I've had a lot of fun doing everything else in the game, it's just luck based things like gambling "challenges" always rub me the wrong way. I don't feel like I accomplished anything with those, it's just keep doing the thing until it says you won. I've 100%ed all the other Rockstar games I played, and the completionist in me won't let me play another open world game until I get that last 6.6%.

I realized that last sentence in my comment seems a bit harsh. I've had a lot of fun doing everything else in the game, it's just luck based things like gambling "challenges" always rub me the wrong way. I don't feel like I accomplished anything with those, it's just keep doing the thing until it says you won. I've 100%ed all the other Rockstar games I played, and the completionist in me won't let me play another open world game until I get that last 6.6%.
I think when I was doing that stupid 3 hit blackjack challenge I got the first one in like 15 minutes and then played for another hour and a half and got nothing. I finished everything else in the game and then tried again and got nothing in the first 30-45 minutes and then got the other 2 within 5 minutes of each other. I heard some people took like 6 hours, which sucks. I feel like that is the only thing in the game that just absolutely not fun or engaging to get to 100% off the top of my head. Literally dumb luck and something no one who knows how to play blackjack would ever try to do. At least dominoes requires you to think. Even camping and headshotting cops forever in Saint Denis online to get to level 50 for the platinum was still pretty fun because it wasn't too easy.

Well, hard parts over on my journey to 100% in RDR2. Finished Gambler #8, which luckily took around an hour and a half to get. For those who aren't familiar, you have to win 3 hands of blackjack with 5 or more cards (3+hits). Not only is it an rng nightmare to just get a hand under 21 with that many cards, but you also have to WIN. Ties don't count either. I had probably around 10 hands where I lost or tied before I got my 3rd win. Fortunately, it's 1-2 buttons to play, so I just messed around on my phone while listening for the dealer's cues. I still have to do 9 and 10, but from what I read you can cheese those.

Well, hard parts over on my journey to 100% in RDR2. Finished Gambler #8, which luckily took around an hour and a half to get. For those who aren't familiar, you have to win 3 hands of blackjack with 5 or more cards (3+hits). Not only is it an rng nightmare to just get a hand under 21 with that many cards, but you also have to WIN. Ties don't count either. I had probably around 10 hands where I lost or tied before I got my 3rd win. Fortunately, it's 1-2 buttons to play, so I just messed around on my phone while listening for the dealer's cues. I still have to do 9 and 10, but from what I read you can cheese those.
#8 is the only one that destroys your soul.

Didn’t go through the entire thread. Was wondering if anybody’s currently playing the remastered modern warfare.

If so, What are your thoughts positive or negative?

Brings back memories for me. I like the fast paced action. Not a fan of the heavy camping (at times) which obviously hasn’t changed.

Well, I did it. 100% in Red Dead 2 single player, which adds it to my other 100%'s from Rockstar (GTA 3-5 and SA, and RDR1). I didn't get all the achievements, and I don't think I'm going to do the online (I didn't with GTA 5 either), but the game completion shows 100%, and I got the achievements for studying and skinning all animals, which was probably one of the funnest parts of the game. With the exception of the gambling challenges and some minor annoyances, the game was a blast to complete, and I put around 220 hours into it. The story is really good, and while the epilogue has some issues, I feel it does a great job of bringing the timeline up to the 1st games events. If you still haven't beat it, make sure to watch the credits, there's a ton of little lore bits that tie up most of the characters arcs. From discussions I've seen online, people seemed to skip this, and all the questions of "what happened to x character" were answered there.

I love how you can find the characters that are still alive in the Epilogue. I ran into Pearson, and Mary Beth, and some of the minor characters that Arthur interacts with. I sadly didn't find Tilly or Rains Fall, but the credits show what happened to them. Looks like Karen's fate is a mystery, but she most likely drank herself to death. Also, if you do the Hunting requests to completion, you get a bonus scene after the credits that is pretty funny. The end of the Epilogue is really melancholy. Had you never played the first one, and skipped the credits, the ending would be a happy one, but knowing what's to come (you even see Ross and Milton tracking John down in the credits), leaves you feeling hopeless, that any happiness these people find is temporary. It's also heartbreaking seeing what Jack could have been, only to have the life his parents brought him into start to consume him in the first game's epilogue. This game does a great job of adding extra context to the first game, and if the rumored remake of RDR1 is true, I'll probably pick it up just to see how much this added perspective impacts the story.

Reducing my backlog, shotgun style! I started Limbo on Sunday just to mix things up after the RDR2 hole, and got about halfway through it. Fantastic game so far and I think I like it even more than Limbo, which is a favorite. Also started Bloodborne finally. First night didn't go so hot, I think part of the issue was learning the mechanics, and the other was I was tired. I made it to the second lantern, and the first shortcut loop back to it via the sewers. I tried the werewolf path for a long while, but was struggling to beat them, so I finally gave up and went down. Second night went much better, I beat the first boss at the end of the bridge first try - the tried and true big boss strategy of Dark Souls, that is, get up in their ASS, still works in this game. I also beat Father Gascione second try. Got really lucky here, he was on his final hit, and I dodged accidentally up against the wall. The camera clipped into the wall and I couldn't see what was happening. My health dropped, and I thought I died, but didn't hear the scream or death sound. I guess he whiffed. I pushed the attack button, and finished the fight completely blind with no health.

That ordeal was raised my blood pressure enough, so I decided to cool down by starting Spider-Man. Movement mechanics are amazing, and I already love Jonah's radio rants. It's certainly got that Insomniac feel, but in a good way.

Got Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 for the switch and am excited to start it. Really enjoyed the first one and I can't remember my time with the second one. Anyone else pick this up?

Friend let me borrow his 3ds to play Dragon Quest 8 which is alot more fun then expected. Not really an JRPG fan but this has my attention. Any others you all reccomend?

Went back to Gears 4 as well on the PC. This is the shooter franchise I put most of my time in when I was younger. Muscle memory kicks in and racking up headshots with the gnasher is always satisfying and oddly therapeutic. Anyone else play Gears or shooters on the PC?

I've played through Monster Hunter World on the PS4 when it released. My friend wants me to join in but doing the grind again doesn't sound like fun unless i use i different weapon. My mains were the Switch Axe and the Heavy Bowgun. Anyone else play this and have any weapon suggestions?

B
Reducing my backlog, shotgun style! I started Limbo on Sunday just to mix things up after the RDR2 hole, and got about halfway through it. Fantastic game so far and I think I like it even more than Limbo, which is a favorite. Also started Bloodborne finally. First night didn't go so hot, I think part of the issue was learning the mechanics, and the other was I was tired. I made it to the second lantern, and the first shortcut loop back to it via the sewers. I tried the werewolf path for a long while, but was struggling to beat them, so I finally gave up and went down. Second night went much better, I beat the first boss at the end of the bridge first try - the tried and true big boss strategy of Dark Souls, that is, get up in their ASS, still works in this game. I also beat Father Gascione second try. Got really lucky here, he was on his final hit, and I dodged accidentally up against the wall. The camera clipped into the wall and I couldn't see what was happening. My health dropped, and I thought I died, but didn't hear the scream or death sound. I guess he whiffed. I pushed the attack button, and finished the fight completely blind with no health.

That ordeal was raised my blood pressure enough, so I decided to cool down by starting Spider-Man. Movement mechanics are amazing, and I already love Jonah's radio rants. It's certainly got that Insomniac feel, but in a good way.
Both great games that I have 100% trophies in. Limbo I did on the Vita...the only dieing 5 times is rough. I plan on starting Spider man sometime soon as well. Good job on RDR2...I'm only on chapter 3

Back