Everything Video Games!

Progression system could use some tweeks, but it doesn't effect the fact that this is EASILY the most fun Halo has been in over a decade.

It's a fun Halo multiplayer experience. I haven't enjoyed playing Halo this much since Halo 2. And I was one of those "at someone's house every weekend with my Xbox and TV" Halo 2 players.
Agreed, the gameplay is an absolute blast. I didn't think Halo 5's multiplayer was too bad, and I really liked how they added modern controls, but you could still use every gun without ADS just as effectively. But Infinite blows it and 4 completely out of the water.

Been enjoying Hollow Knight again lately. Really may be the best metroidvania. I got a lot more done this time but not sure my momentum will carry me all the way to platinum. Not sure I can do the 5th pantheon. Working on the 4th.
Once I beat that game that was it. It was really, really, really enjoyable and an extreme challenge at some points. I may replay it but only the base game again. And there’s not a snowballs chance in hell I’d ever 100% it.

Oh, yeah, totally.

I kind of think of the S as like a fancier non-portable Switch. If you don’t want full 4K fanciness (my hot take - the fact that the Switch is so popular suggests a good proportion of the gaming public don’t care about bleeding edge graphics) you can get a bunch of great games for a decent price. It’s the casual gamers dream system at the moment.
I've out of nowhere started thinking of doing this. I'm pretty casual as a gamer, and honestly can't imagine loving something more than the Switch due to its portable mode, but as someone who's only previous generation console was the Wii U (and 3DS) something like the Series S would be a pretty big upgrade. The last X Box I had was the 360, the last Playstation I had was the PS1.

at its price I'm thinking that having a Series S and Game Pass would keep me pretty content, especially in addition to the Switch. I also don't have a killer TV which I think is also part of the PS5/Series X equation for achieving the best experiences.

Started Disco Elysium a few days ago and have been playing it in small, 15-30 minute chunks. Last night I died for the first time; didn't really even know that was a risk in this game. Lost maybe 45 minutes of progress, including some really lucky rolls. While I didn't just dive right back in, I'm actually loads more intrigued by the game than I was before. I don't get invested in many games, but this one's sinking in.

So GameStop in Canada is doing a promotion this weekend where if you trade in an old PS4 or Pro you get a crazy high trade in value on a new Series X or PS5. However of course none of these stores actually have any stock of either of them. I have a PS5 but I'd like to pick up a Series X at some point so I called a GameStop store to ask about how this would actually work as I had some... reservations about their... reservation system.
Here is the actual conversation.

Me: Hi, I just wanted to check on the trade in deal this weekend. So if I trade in my Pro I get $450 towards a Series X pre order?

GameStop: Yeah

Me: Okay and I assume you don't have any stock?

GameStop: Nope.

Me: Okay right so everyone who trades in will get put on a pre order list at your store, for when more stock comes in?

GameStop: -deep sigh- Yep.

Me: Okay so I'm gunna guess that you're probably gunna get like, two.. maybe three hundred people trading systems in over the next 5 days correct?

GameStop: -faint sob- Yeah.

Me: Right so there will be like, at least 300 people on the pre order list for these new consoles and when you eventually get stock in you usually receive what, like 10 or 20 units?

GameStop: Three.

Me: Right so at that rate I could expect my hypothetical pre order filled by...

GameStop: 2032.

Me: That's what I thought, okay thanks have a good holidays!

GameStop: Please kill me.

Last edited:
So GameStop in Canada is doing this promotion this weekend where if you trade in an old PS4 or Pro you get a crazy high trade in value on a new Series X or PS5. However of course none of these stores actually have any stock of either of them. I have a PS5 but I'd like to pick up a Series X at some point so I called a GameStop Store to ask about how this would actually work as I had some... reservations about their... reservation system.

Me: Hi, I just wanted to check on the trade in deal this weekend. So if I trade in my Pro I get $450 towards a Series X pre order?

Me: Okay right so everyone who trades in will get put on a pre order list at your store when more stock comes in?

Me: Okay so I'm gunna guess that you're probably gunna get like, two.. maybe three hundred people trading systems in over the next 5 days correct?

Me: Right so there will be like, at least 300 people on the pre order list for these new consoles and when you eventually get stock in you usually receive what, like 10 or 20 units?

madness. Those PS4 Pros/Xbox One X's still hold so much value, especially if you bundle with some accessories/games. I'll eventually sell mine and upgrade, but I plan to just offload it on eBay. Looks like you can get anywhere from $300-$500 USD for one

Been playing Pokemon Brilliant Diamond since it came out almost two weeks ago.

The last 4 days I have been stuck in a underground dark cave maze. I'm at the point of just dropping the game I'm so frustrated right now.

As for GameStop and the Xbox Series S or PS5's. I'm really shocked I got a PS5 at my local store.

That was their first in store drop and they haven't had another since. They had a total of 60 unites which I thought was surprisingly a good size drop. I'd figured for sure they would get 10 or less.

So GameStop in Canada is doing this promotion this weekend where if you trade in an old PS4 or Pro you get a crazy high trade in value on a new Series X or PS5. However of course none of these stores actually have any stock of either of them. I have a PS5 but I'd like to pick up a Series X at some point so I called a GameStop Store to ask about how this would actually work as I had some... reservations about their... reservation system.

Me: Okay right so everyone who trades in will get put on a pre order list at your store when more stock comes in?

It is this very reason that I am really happy that I don't jump into the newest generation of consoles for at least two years after they are released.

madness. Those PS4 Pros/Xbox One X's still hold so much value, especially if you bundle with some accessories/games. I'll eventually sell mine and upgrade, but I plan to just offload it on eBay. Looks like you can get anywhere from $300-$500 USD for one

This is good to know, since I have a One X just sitting around since I got my Series X, and I've been thinking of trying to sell it. But I'm lazy so it hasn't happened yet.

On that note, does anyone have strong thoughts on the best place to sell it? Ebay? Facebook marketplace makes me nervous.

This is good to know, since I have a One X just sitting around since I got my Series X, and I've been thinking of trying to sell it. But I'm lazy so it hasn't happened yet.

On that note, does anyone have strong thoughts on the best place to sell it? Ebay? Facebook marketplace makes me nervous.
I would do eBay, Facebook is a crapshoot. But the benefit there is maybe you can sell local and avoid like $40 shipping. I’ve been meaning to sell my Xbox 360 💀 as well since I upgraded early 2019 but I’ve been lazy and don’t want to have to figure out how to ship it

I would do eBay, Facebook is a crapshoot. But the benefit there is maybe you can sell local and avoid like $40 shipping. I’ve been meaning to sell my Xbox 360 💀 as well since I upgraded early 2019 but I’ve been lazy and don’t want to have to figure out how to ship it
Luckily I'm a hoarder and still have the original box for the Xbox, which makes the shipping issue a lot less of an issue :ROFLMAO:

In other news, I've casually started diving into Metroid Dread. Hoping to have some chunks of time this weekend to devote to it, but I'm really enjoying it so far. Those EMMIs are little bastards, I tell you!
I just recently started it as well. Seems like it's going to be a good challenge. Getting the timing right when the EMMI grab you is sooooo satisfying!

Is Craigslist still a thing?

Back