Everything Video Games!

i follow this channel on youtube called 'the beauty of...' which usually posts video collages of cinematography from certain movies and directors. occasionally the channel posts collages of video games, and this video highlighting the game 'gris' was put up a few weeks ago:

the game is a few years old now, and was mentioned in here a couple times, so i don't think it's unknown, but if you like/love games with beautiful art/animation/music (not to mention an abstract story arc of experiencing and emerging from depression), then this one sure seems a must have. it's one of those games that drops you in the environment and gives you no instruction on how to proceed, but it's easy enough to get the hang of what's going on and it's only a few hours of gameplay. i played it all in one night because i just couldn't stop. i got it in the playstation store for like 7 bucks- don't know if it was on sale or anything but it was well worth it at that price.

you can sample the soundtrack here, too:

i follow this channel on youtube called 'the beauty of...' which usually posts video collages of cinematography from certain movies and directors. occasionally the channel posts collages of video games, and this video highlighting the game 'gris' was put up a few weeks ago:

the game is a few years old now, and was mentioned in here a couple times, so i don't think it's unknown, but if you like/love games with beautiful art/animation/music (not to mention an abstract story arc of experiencing and emerging from depression), then this one sure seems a must have. it's one of those games that drops you in the environment and gives you no instruction on how to proceed, but it's easy enough to get the hang of what's going on and it's only a few hours of gameplay. i played it all in one night because i just couldn't stop. i got it in the playstation store for like 7 bucks- don't know if it was on sale or anything but it was well worth it at that price.

you can sample the soundtrack here, too:

I love Gris so much I bought it twice for myself and once for my sister. The soundtrack is sublime.

Berlinist just scored a new game Moncage which seems like it'll please fans of illusion/perspective puzzlers like Gorogoa and Monument Valley. Out on PC a few weeks ago, and pending release for Switch (announced but no date).

I don't think so.

I just got the gun which I fire with R2. And my only attack option is triangle.

Cover as in hiding behind objects?
Yeah, I don't remember there being a cover system per se, but using stuff to block some of the people shooting or to funnel them can help a lot.

I refuse to buy the campaign until they add co-op. But... I'm really enjoying multiplayer.
I'm a gamepass subscriber so it's just bundled in. I personally don't care about co-op campaign on my first play through, but think you'll enjoy it when it shows up.

Multiplayer I've enjoyed the little bit they've given us, I'll be more into that once they get SWAT added in.

I got this on Switch about a week ago for like $2.00 and finally started it last night. looks like I got about halfway through. not sure what the hell is going on, who anyone is, etc.. but so far it's enjoyable.
finished INSIDE. that game got wild at the end. definitely a cool short game especially if it can be grabbed at a cheap price

I love how quickly things escalate at the end. Never could have guessed THAT was how things would go down.
yeah! the whole game was really paced wonderfully with that climax being pretty satisfying. it's really interesting how the game tells you next to nothing in terms of story or even really how to play it. it wasn't very challenging but for someone like myself, who as much as I like videogames I am far from great at most of them, I was super happy to beat it without checking how to solve any of the puzzles.. though I wasn't aware that there is an alt ending until looking into explanations of the story/game afterwards.

yeah! the whole game was really paced wonderfully with that climax being pretty satisfying. it's really interesting how the game tells you next to nothing in terms of story or even really how to play it. it wasn't very challenging but for someone like myself, who as much as I like videogames I am far from great at most of them, I was super happy to beat it without checking how to solve any of the puzzles.. though I wasn't aware that there is an alt ending until looking into explanations of the story/game afterwards.
If I remember right, the secret ending involves finding all the secrets, then going back to a hidden area at the beginning. There's some good guides online and the only one that gave me a little trouble was one of the underwater ones.

What a day for announcements and reveals.

HZD: Forbidden West gameplay has me giddy.

Hellblade II: Senua's Sacrifice is looking great.

Alan Wake 2 announced as a survival horror. Going to have to get back to Control and get my hands on the Remastered AW soon enough.

Silent Hill creators' debut Bokeh Studios game is Slitterhead

A Plague Tail: Requiem looks like a great continuation of the first!

SquEnix's Forspoken looks badass. Steelrising is super intriguing.

the Game Awards as a show overall kind sucked hard, but it did have some solid trailers/reveals if you trim away ALL the excess fat from the show.

that Hellblade footage looked nuts, but I have no idea how the game plays and how interactive it is.

the Matrix "experience" also looked incredible, though I guess technically it's not a game.. but Unreal 5 on PS5/Series looks like it's going to be amazing down the line.

a few other solid, but rather generic looking games but all had things that certainly looked damn impressive.

It Takes Two winning GotY seems surprising. I heard nothing but great things about it but there were some heavy hitters in the category so for an indie to take it, good for them!

It me, Delta.

What’s the best Ori game ? Ori is on sale (60% off) on the switch , but I think it’s the sequel.

Do we have any Ori experts that can chime in ?

It me, Delta.

What’s the best Ori game ? Ori is on sale (60% off) on the switch , but I think it’s the sequel.

Do we have any Ori experts that can chime in ?
not an expert, but played through each once and thought both were great with Wisps being the better of the two if my memory serves me right. I just don't remember how much story you're missing by jumping directly into the sequel without playing the first

that Hellblade footage looked nuts, but I have no idea how the game plays and how interactive it is.
If you go down the xbox rabbithole it's part of gamepass and the new one is an exclusive. I'd suggest getting a nice pair of headphones and playing. Sound design is next level, combat is fun but not super complex and the story gripped me from start to finish, excited for the sequel.

Back