Everything Video Games!

I did the demo and wasn’t wild about how super particular some of the “shots” were. Is this me being awful or is it the game being that picky? Or maybe a combination of the two ?
I've struggled here and there with some of the more precise shots. The only real penalty for missing is the loss of a few fruit (the currency) if you fall through the paddles. They're real easy to come by though. I also discovered last night that the paddles light up where the ball is, and you can stop or slow the ball on the paddle if you're not going too fast, allowing you to move up and down for more accurate aim.

I've struggled here and there with some of the more precise shots. The only real penalty for missing is the loss of a few fruit (the currency) if you fall through the paddles. They're real easy to come by though. I also discovered last night that the paddles light up where the ball is, and you can stop or slow the ball on the paddle if you're not going too fast, allowing you to move up and down for more accurate aim.
I enjoyed what I played but there was a small section that I couldn’t achieve. Don’t know that it was super necessary but as it was the demo I held off from purchasing more of the same. Maybe I’ll give it another chance

Oh. Oh no. SteamWorld Dig is super good. Teleported me through 4 hours this morning while I forgot to eat breakfast, even though it was sitting right in front of me. Even forgot to sip my cold brew. This might become a problem (a good one).
Welp, since Sunday morning, I've now beaten SteamWorld Dig 1 + 2.

giphy.gif

I got accepted to the Mario Kart mobile beta. Looks like it has all the scummy stuff normal mobile games has, but at the same time, you get to play Mario Kart. Controls work well for mobile (one finger play). My biggest complaint is items. If you have an item and hit a question mark block, that item will fire, and you will roll a new item. Other than that, graphics are great and I haven't hit any major issues. Seems like an OK little time waster to me.

i would buy sims 4 but i'm the rare linux gamer

so unless i wanna try hard to get wine working i basically cant

Anyone grab re4 for switch ?

Not too worried about lack of motion controls , but if it’s good I’ll def bite when it’s on sale.

Did anybody try Dauntless ? It released on ps4 and xb1 today, it was already available in Open Beta on PC. The Monster Hunter player in me wants to try it, it looks like a free to play version of it. But the game says I have to wait "180+ minute(s)" because the servers are full...

Just started Sekiro Shadows Die Twice. I’m not much of a gamer and I hear this is stupid difficult. See you in a few weeks records.
All I can say is it seems like I keep mostly trying to dodge and failing and get frustrated, then finally try to get good at deflecting that boss, which works. Then I'm left wondering why I didn't start that way in the first place. So hard but so good.

All I can say is it seems like I keep mostly trying to dodge and failing and get frustrated, then finally try to get good at deflecting that boss, which works. Then I'm left wondering why I didn't start that way in the first place. So hard but so good.

Have you played previous FROM Software games? I played Bloodborne dodging around bosses and for a few hours it felt like Sekiro punished me for the habits that I carried over. Until I realized that blocking is something that works, before finally getting good at deflecting.

Have you played previous FROM Software games? I played Bloodborne dodging around bosses and for a few hours it felt like Sekiro punished me for the habits that I carried over. Until I realized that blocking is something that works, before finally getting good at deflecting.
Yeah, loved Bloodborne but haven't played it since I beat it when it came out. Not sure if that was why I gravitate toward that strategy or if it's just my default since those guys are scary to just stand there and block! I played Demon Souls way back but haven't played any of the Dark Souls believe it or not. I bought the remastered first one but barely started it and kinda forgot about it.

Just started Sekiro Shadows Die Twice. I’m not much of a gamer and I hear this is stupid difficult. See you in a few weeks records.
Also did you guys see the rumor that George R.R. Martin was consulting with FROM on a game?

Also did you guys see the rumor that George R.R. Martin was consulting with FROM on a game?

I have also seen rumors that they might be showing some kind of open world game at E3. It seems really early after the release of Sekiro though. Some rumors add the two things together, which could sure give something interesting.

But I try not to read too much into rumors, for all we know George R.R. Martin could have been in Japan for a Game of Thrones pachinko machine.

I have also seen rumors that they might be showing some kind of open world game at E3. It seems really early after the release of Sekiro though. Some rumors add the two things together, which could sure give something interesting.

But I try not to read too much into rumors, for all we know George R.R. Martin could have been in Japan for a Game of Thrones pachinko machine.
Ha, he did at least say "I’ve consulted on a video game out of Japan." But, lots of pachinko machines have video screens...🤔 For sure it is just a rumor though.

Back