Everything Video Games!

i lost my small backpack with my 2ds inside at a movie theater last week, i went back to get it the next day, they weren’t able to find it. it wasn’t until two days later after i came back that they found it. that five-day interval of me not knowing if i was ever going to get back my 2ds with all my games and save files on it was rough, fellas, ngl.

anyways, i beat kirby planet robobot today. cool game. probably the most unique kirby 2d platformer solely for the fact that the robot armor mechanics spice things up in the level designs. final boss was was super lame tho (as in pretty boring). this game might also have the most cracked version of meta knightmare lol, it’s pretty ridiculous).

Man, haven’t commented here in a bit because I’ve been absolutely enthralled by Cyberpunk 2077. I’m 32 hours in and just stumbled upon The Phantom Liberty starting quest, so I imagine it’ll be some time before I’m back in the base game. Super impressed by how much content is in this game and how easy it is to get absolutely sucked in.

32 hours in and I feel like I’ve barely progressed the story cause I keep getting distracted. Also playing on the hardest difficulty which might be making my play through a lot slower but that’s a positive if you ask me.

I haven’t been found a game world this immersive and believable since RDR2 and I would say that Night City is even a bit more interesting/stimulating. Feels like that first time I played Oblivion back in the day and realizing “holy shit, this is next level stuff”

I bought Hogwarts Legacy on sale but I think it’s going to be a long time before I get around to it, let alone Lies of P, Alan Wake 2, GoW DLC, Dredge, Dave The Diver, and everything else that’s come out this year and made waves. What a year for gaming!

i got both an Xbox controller for most games and a Dualsense PS5 controller for a few games that support it like spiderman, and I'm playing a lot of spiderman and its really fun

Any Xbox owners use the Seagate external hard drive? I picked up the 4TB model today and I’ve tried all 3 USB ports and it’s not being recognized.

Man, haven’t commented here in a bit because I’ve been absolutely enthralled by Cyberpunk 2077. I’m 32 hours in and just stumbled upon The Phantom Liberty starting quest, so I imagine it’ll be some time before I’m back in the base game. Super impressed by how much content is in this game and how easy it is to get absolutely sucked in.

32 hours in and I feel like I’ve barely progressed the story cause I keep getting distracted. Also playing on the hardest difficulty which might be making my play through a lot slower but that’s a positive if you ask me.

I haven’t been found a game world this immersive and believable since RDR2 and I would say that Night City is even a bit more interesting/stimulating. Feels like that first time I played Oblivion back in the day and realizing “holy shit, this is next level stuff”

I bought Hogwarts Legacy on sale but I think it’s going to be a long time before I get around to it, let alone Lies of P, Alan Wake 2, GoW DLC, Dredge, Dave The Diver, and everything else that’s come out this year and made waves. What a year for gaming!
I played Cyberpunk over the summer and really enjoyed it. I loved how alive and full the city felt and its distinct areas.

I'll probably do a replay this coming year since I usually like some cool down between replays of games. I haven't bought the Phantom DLC yet but I certainly will to add some freshness to the replay. Although I've heard that combat and the skill tree have been greatly overhauled, so that should add some novelty.

Funny you mentioned RDR2. I played that his fall and loved it. I agree about the worlds. Although Night City is hard to compete with, I will say RDR2 had more of an emotional attachment to me character-wise. Deaths meant so much more and I'm still mourning the loss of my white Arabian at the end of the main story (seriously, fuck you Rockstar!).

Any Xbox owners use the Seagate external hard drive? I picked up the 4TB model today and I’ve tried all 3 USB ports and it’s not being recognized.
have you tried connecting it to a PC just to make sure it is working? Don’t personally use it but have generally had to do this whenever a drive is being uncooperative

The new games I want to play on Xbox are better on the Series X, which I don’t have yet, and run like crap via the cloud on my One X. So I’ve been thinking about doing a replay of either Skyrim or RDR2 this winter. I’ve played Skyrim 3 times; 2011, 2019, and 2021. I’ve only played RDR2 through once which was in 2019 when I first got my Xbox. I was leaning towards Skyrim because it’s such a casual pick up and play type game and I’ve never played with mods, I have only played the game Vanilla each time. But the story in RDR2 is so good and I want something a little bit more linear than Skyrim. This time through I just need to make sure I create and not overwrite a save early enough before *cough* *cough* happens so I can gallivant around hunting for animal skins.

have you tried connecting it to a PC just to make sure it is working? Don’t personally use it but have generally had to do this whenever a drive is being uncooperative

I tried last night and nada. So I’m going to return it. The crappy part is that I ordered it Tuesday and it arrived yesterday and looked like it had been stepped on or something heavy was placed on it. When I took it out of the package the end of the box was crushed so I’m guessing the hard drive was damaged because of that.

Why can’t these storage devices go ahead and give you the additional space that the operating system is going to use instead of deducting it. IT IS CRIMINAL

I beat Lies of P this weekend, what an incredible game! I'll try not to spoil too much. The Green Monster and Luxasia were easily the hardest bosses, the ones that came after were much easier IMO. Working on a New Game + run now for achievements and the other endings.

For my first playthrough, I didn't look anything up beyond weapon recommendations. Used the Holy Sword of the Ark up until the King of Puppets fight, then switched over to the Seven-Coil Spring Sword. Both are very fun weapons. The first is a big bonk sword that can turn into a glaive, and the second has a cool shockwave attack and a special parry move that blocks and counterattacks. The coil sword is slightly lower damage but much quicker. Plus, the charged heavy is a big spinning swing or a big left to right slash. I found for the tougher non-boss enemies, this almost always stunned them, so you can typically do a spin into a swing into another spin, which almost always leads to a stagger for that sweet sweet crit.

I was also a masochist and did all but one boss fights without summoning. I used one by mistake on the Scrapped Watchman fight to see if the summon was a lore related character or not (it's not) and won by mistake. On my New Game + run I did that one without summoning, and determined that fight is way to hard for how early in the game it is. It's also a bit of a damage sponge compared to the rest. Anyways, I'm using summons now on New Game + just to get through the fights quicker. Now that I have the boss knowledge, combined with something to pull aggro, I've been bonking away and am already back to the swamp after a few hours.

As for endings, minor spoiler warning, but I got the Free from the Puppet String ending. Won't say anything else there, easy enough to look up. There is 3 endings total, so going to go for the harder of the 2 remaining this time, and hopefully just speed through a 3rd playthrough for the last one.

So....I've been playing A LOT of Path Of Exile. Never played it previously, but I like it. And Path Of Exile 2 is looking nice, so I'll play that when it comes out.

My daughter has started playing Baldur's Gate 3 - and she has that frustration/excitement thing going on constantly and has to come tell me whenever she's finally got past a hard part.

It's actually nice, as pretty much the only games she has played over the years are The Sims, Minecraft, Roblox, and other games I've never heard of but seem to be what all the tweens played 4 years ago.

I have a gift card to GameStop I’m looking to spend towards a new Switch game. I’m eying up a couple but don’t really know which.
  • Super Mario Wonder
  • Super Mario RPG
  • TLOZ: Skyward Sword HD
I’d also be open to these but I don’t know if they’re good and/or if they’re worth the current prices.
  • Metroid Dread (I didn’t love the free demo but I have heard good things)
  • Metroid Prime (I’ve never played a Metroid game before shockingly)
  • Pikmin 4 (I have played 3, was good but felt really short)
  • Hogwarts Legacy
Other games seems appealing, but so many are better with more people playing. I have two friends who play switch but they’re very casual and it’s Mario Kart or Smash maybe once every other month online so anything that has a good single player is preferred.

Any recommendations?

I have a gift card to GameStop I’m looking to spend towards a new Switch game. I’m eying up a couple but don’t really know which.
  • Super Mario Wonder
  • Super Mario RPG
I’d also be open to these but I don’t know if they’re good and/or if they’re worth the current prices.
  • Hogwarts Legacy
Other games seems appealing, but so many are better with more people playing. I have two friends who play switch but they’re very casual and it’s Mario Kart or Smash maybe once every other month online so anything that has a good single player is preferred.

Any recommendations?
My suggestions are Mario Wonder, which I've heard is a delightful and entertaining casual game, and Metroid Prime, one of my all time favorites. Dread is great, but Prime is a better entry point in the series.

My suggestions are Mario Wonder, which I've heard is a delightful and entertaining casual game, and Metroid Prime, one of my all time favorites. Dread is great, but Prime is a better entry point in the series.
Thank you! The Prime remaster is also cheaper if I don’t end up liking it as much too

• Super Mario Wonder
  • Super Mario RPG
  • Hogwarts Legacy

Any recommendations?
Friend of my really enjoyed Super Mario RPG. Sounds like good old turn based gameplay. I’d also recommend Eastward if you are into ARPG/Zelda-likes.

This also has piqued my interest if you aren’t in a rush to purchase Prince of Persia The Lost Crown for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Official Site demo should be available next week.

Metroid Dread surprised me and is really good if you want to give it another try.

I joined Game Pass too late to play Sable before it left the service, but it ended up being a PS Plus download for December, so I added it to my PS library and fired it up on New Years Day. Sable is the game that Japanese Breakfast scored.

There was a lot I liked about it and found myself drawn in to the laidback gameplay. It felt a lot like what I know of Breath of the Wild (minus combat) and a bit of Super Mario Odyssey for good measure. The art direction made it really feel at times like I was in one of my favorite Ghibli movies, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind.

I ended up finishing it (98%) within 2 days, but the longer I played the buggier it seemed to get which led to a lot of frustration and a sour aftertaste. I'd have thought the game would have been more optimized after more than two years on the market, but no. And as my exploration deepened the more shallow and spares it all really felt. Rather unfortunate for a game that had the makings of something super impressionable.

The only thing keeping me from platinum is Sable's equivalent of Odyssey's collectible moons. I couldn't bear the thought of bouncing around an increasingly glitched out environment to find the last 50 chum eggs.

Last edited:
I joined Game Pass too late to play Sable before it left the service, but it ended up being a PS Plus download for December, so I added it to my PS library and fired it up on New Years Day. Sable is the game that Japanese Breakfast scored.

There was a lot I liked about it and found myself drawn in to the laidback gameplay. It felt a lot like what I know of Breath of the Wild (minus combat) and a bit of Super Mario Odyssey for good measure. The art direction made it really feel at times like I was in one of my favorite Ghibli movies, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind.

I ended up finishing it (98%) within 2 days, but the longer I played the buggier it seemed to get which led to a lot of frustration and a sour aftertaste. I'd have thought the game would have been more optimized after more than two years on the market, but no. And as my exploration deepened the more shallow and spares it all really felt. Rather unfortunate for a game that had the makings of something super impressionable.

The only thing keeping me from platinum is Sable's equivalent of Odyssey's collectible moons. I couldn't bear the thought of bouncing around an increasingly glitched out environment to find the last 50 chum eggs.
I really liked this game initially when it was on Game Pass but I got too bored with it after about 4-5 hours or so. Plus it was buggy in annoying ways at times. It was free, so I played it for a little while then bounced. There was so much potential with that game however to fill it with just a few more things to do, fix the bugs and maybe add some light combat to make exploring a little more interesting. I didn’t know there wasn’t combat when I first played so when I finally realized that there wasn’t I was a little disappointed.

Back