Everything Video Games!

I'm enjoying the game, but it's hard as fuck
Last night I spent 45 minutes trying to figure out a shrine before eventually giving up. Not sure if it’s because I’m missing any abilities; more likely I just haven’t figured out the game mechanics and the abilities I do have.

My current plan is to explore freely and basically go the opposite direction from where the game is asking me to go. I’m too curious about what Hyrule looks like now. Is that a bad idea, i.e. are there some basic abilities that you get shortly after getting back to ground level and following the map instructions?

My current plan is to explore freely and basically go the opposite direction from where the game is asking me to go.

I probably put in around 70 to 80 hours before finishing the Divine Beasts in BotW. Running around and exploring is perfectly acceptable.

If you have all the abilities learned on Great Sky Island you should be able to finish any shrine. I've completed about 30 shrines so far with Ultrahand, Ascend and Recall.

I've got a whole slew of side quests as the moment and I'm exploring wells and caves and whatever else I come across that looks interesting.

Last night I spent 45 minutes trying to figure out a shrine before eventually giving up. Not sure if it’s because I’m missing any abilities; more likely I just haven’t figured out the game mechanics and the abilities I do have.

My current plan is to explore freely and basically go the opposite direction from where the game is asking me to go. I’m too curious about what Hyrule looks like now. Is that a bad idea, i.e. are there some basic abilities that you get shortly after getting back to ground level and following the map instructions?
which shrine, what was the task?

not exactly sure what point of the game you're at, but I think the game lets you approach it on any order you want but following the nudges probably sets you up better for handling each quest than going off completely willy nilly

I probably put in around 70 to 80 hours before finishing the Divine Beasts in BotW. Running around and exploring is perfectly acceptable.

If you have all the abilities learned on Great Sky Island you should be able to finish any shrine. I've completed about 30 shrines so far with Ultrahand, Ascend and Recall.

I've got a whole slew of side quests as the moment and I'm exploring wells and caves and whatever else I come across that looks interesting.
yeah, I've done about 30 shrines as well. some easy (especially those that just give you a treasure) and some were really tough, but none were unbeatable with the main powers. but definitely have busted my brain on some of them, but at least none have required motion controls!

most shrines have been really fun. I did one yesterday that just put a huge smile on my face when I executed a crazy scheme that actually worked out and solved it!

yeah, I've done about 30 shrines as well. some easy (especially those that just give you a treasure) and some were really tough, but none were unbeatable with the main powers. but definitely have busted my brain on some of them, but at least none have required motion controls!

most shrines have been really fun. I did one yesterday that just put a huge smile on my face when I executed a crazy scheme that actually worked out and solved it!

Agreed, they've been fun and really challenging for the most part. Some have left me flummoxed for awhile before a solution clicks. I've probably finished a few in an unorthodox fashion. It's a great feeling solving them!

Agreed, they've been fun and really challenging for the most part. Some have left me flummoxed for awhile before a solution clicks. I've probably finished a few in an unorthodox fashion. It's a great feeling solving them!
definitely...I find myself looking forward to doing a shrine in TotK WAY MORE than in BotW. when I see one I go for it, also added benefit of extra hearts, stamina, and fast travel.

though I am rarely fast traveling in TotK, I'm not really using horses either... been mostly gliding, running, and climbing (or Ascend) to get around so I don't skip over something useful, interesting, or fun

which shrine, what was the task?

not exactly sure what point of the game you're at, but I think the game lets you approach it on any order you want but following the nudges probably sets you up better for handling each quest than going off completely willy nilly
It’s the one by Kakariko village.

Is there a paraglider in this game? Because if I had one then I think I could get past this shrine.

Ah ok, that’s probably what do should do then before I go off exploring.
I've been trying to fly blind re: guides but have been following the questline more or less; I don't know if there's a point where it truly lets go of your shoulders and says "have at it!" though.

Discovered the depths. Browsed for about 30 min, gathered a ton of shit. Got one shot by the first monster i faced. Started all the way back. This is the most brutal zelda game lol
I followed a glowing dragon into the depths yesterday and it lit up the areas it was flying through, so I just followed it which made traversal much less difficult.

Back