Everything Video Games!

I agree, I enjoyed the beginning area. My biggest problems so far are that I kept forgetting to think to use Ascend and that I keep pushing up on the d-pad to use powers instead of L. Have been thoroughly enjoying it.
I'm not at that point yet to get Ascend, but I played for about 3 hours yesterday before realizing it was way past my bed time! :eek: Time flies by when playing it, which is not a bad thing so far.

Plan on starting TotK today. Ended up getting the Costco eshop cards and getting vouchers for it and Pikmin 4. Can't beat $45 a game - or buy TotK, get Pikmin 4 for $20 if you want to look at it that way. Anyways, saw this Dunkey video yesterday. Knew there wouldn't be many spoilers, just some funny builds.

Yeah, I have only one one shrine so far and can't figure out how to get to the next one. I think I need to find some warmer clothing or a recipe to cook the spicy peppers to get across the snowy area and the water. Right now, I don't last long at all in the cold and can't make the trip.

Was hoping that chest was warmer clothing that would help.
I did find a pair of warm pants in the area...I got them before I got Ascend but it would have been easier to get them with Ascend. that said I don't remember them being to hard to get but they are somewhat hidden in a chest

I'm also don't entirely understand how the zonai charges and stuff work yet. I know there's the battery that i guess is used to power fans and stuff. All the little pieces I'm kind of confused on though.
I've honestly been underutilizing zonai stuff, but there's a construct (likely multiple in the game) that convert the zonai crystals into chargers which increase the amount of battery you can use... again, I haven't been really using much of it besides what I come across and when I have to, but I never think to use the stuff in my inventory..

I just got to the first proper temple earlier but didn't start it.

@RenegadeMonster the opening island will prepare you for the rest of the game, just keep following the quests. If you look at the map, consider going to the shrine’s counterclockwise from the temple of time. As someone else mentioned you’ll find warm pants along the way to help with the frost area.

As for building the raft, just snap two logs together, attach the fan, use the right bumper to orient it to the correct position and have the big fan part facing towards the back of the logs. If there is a sail nearby use that as well, but I think you should be fine w/o it.

I'm also don't entirely understand how the zonai charges and stuff work yet. I know there's the battery that i guess is used to power fans and stuff. All the little pieces I'm kind of confused on though.
The charges will replenish your battery charge and can over charge them if you consume beyond your current capacity. Think the stamina and heart gauges that you can get extra of. Just consume them as the battery reaches empty.

Ok so I am not super good at games and I’m stuck on TOTK. I somehow slipped the supposed second shrine and made my way to third (where you learn ascend. Now I’m just stuck in the area I’m in. I made it away from the snowy area and am in place where there’s a super dark cave and mine cars. I am definitely lost. I haven’t been able to play much so I know I’m like super far behind. But where the hell do I go to get back towards the second shrine?

Ok so I am not super good at games and I’m stuck on TOTK. I somehow slipped the supposed second shrine and made my way to third (where you learn ascend. Now I’m just stuck in the area I’m in. I made it away from the snowy area and am in place where there’s a super dark cave and mine cars. I am definitely lost. I haven’t been able to play much so I know I’m like super far behind. But where the hell do I go to get back towards the second shrine?

If you open the map you can teleport to any shrine you've been to, so you can go back to the 1st one.

If you open the map you can teleport to any shrine you've been to, so you can go back to the 1st one.
I thought I’d be able to do that like on BOTW but I didn’t see how, or I didn’t try. I can’t even remember now. I’m now at a point where I can’t cross a river. Found two logs and two fans but it’s not working. I’ll try teleporting.

I thought I’d be able to do that like on BOTW but I didn’t see how, or I didn’t try. I can’t even remember now. I’m now at a point where I can’t cross a river. Found two logs and two fans but it’s not working. I’ll try teleporting.
when you get to a shrine and hit the button to open it up, at that point you can teleport to it... so, there are times I'll get to a shrine, active it but then maybe do something else knowing that I can teleport back to it from the map.

I get that you might not play a lot of games, and I don't want to act like a game like TotK is easy, but I can pretty much assure you that anything you have to do in that initial area, you can do, even if done out of the order it nudges you towards.

give it time, I'm sure you'll start getting the feel for the game. what's really cool about a game like this is that it does allow you to approach a good amount of tasks on your own terms, so you don't always have to adapt to a certain play style if it doesn't suit you

also, it's rarely explicitly told to you but there are ways of getting more of what you need. only have 2 logs but need more? chop down a tree to make another log. need firewood? chop that same log into bundles of wood.

that said, it seems like 2 logs and 2 fans should be enough, unless gluing 2 logs together isn't wide enough to support everything

when you get to a shrine and hit the button to open it up, at that point you can teleport to it... so, there are times I'll get to a shrine, active it but then maybe do something else knowing that I can teleport back to it from the map.

I get that you might not play a lot of games, and I don't want to act like a game like TotK is easy, but I can pretty much assure you that anything you have to do in that initial area, you can do, even if done out of the order it nudges you towards.

give it time, I'm sure you'll start getting the feel for the game. what's really cool about a game like this is that it does allow you to approach a good amount of tasks on your own terms, so you don't always have to adapt to a certain play style if it doesn't suit you
Yeah I am not much of a game person. I love Nintendo stuff, a lot of Mario, but I’ve played a ton of the Zelda games. Thankfully, having played BOTW recently is helpful in knowing how to do a lot of stuff in the new one. I’m still figuring the new stuff out though.

It’s been a crazy week so I haven’t had a ton of time to devote to the game yet. Just taking it piece by piece, maybe one hour or less a day.

Sooo... I discovered while playing today that you regain that ability after a bit, and don't have it right away. Sorry for the bad info!

Okay, how do I use the flying constructs?

I have only ever been able to use the one by the second shrine that glides off the platform when you break the icicle. Any I setup I just end up wasting because they are glued to the ground. I can't get them to move even with a fan. I can move them with the hand option, or drop them off the edge of the cliffs. But I can't figure out how to set one up and glide on it. I'm assuming I need to o to be able to get to the third shrine. So far I have been going in circles for hours and can't figure out how to get over there.

I have only ever been able to use the one by the second shrine that glides off the platform when you break the icicle. Any I setup I just end up wasting because they are glued to the ground. I can't get them to move even with a fan. I can move them with the hand option, or drop them off the edge of the cliffs. But I can't figure out how to set one up and glide on it. I'm assuming I need to o to be able to get to the third shrine. So far I have been going in circles for hours and can't figure out how to get over there.
I had trouble with this as well and finally decided to look up a guide

I just had that initial gliding experience last night and it was thrilling. I haven’t tried it yet, but I wonder what would happen if you attach a fan under the glider for elevation. I guess this is what’s so exciting about this game, all the possibilities!

Ultrahand is so insanely fun to play with. I'm trying to avoid spoilers, but on the sky islands I grabbed a floating platform, attached 8 rockets to it and fired it at a big bad hoping to knock him off. Didn't work. 😅

Down in the depths I built a rolling contraption with a shield attached at the front, light, water faucet, and fan for power. Ran out of juice in the middle of a pack of baddies. Hah.

Back