Everything Video Games!

Just finished A Plague Tale Requiem.

That ending though, did not expect the game to end in such an abrupt and sad way.

Edit: But hey, there is a bonus chapter after the credits.

Last edited:
Just finished A Plague Tale Requiem.

That ending though, did not expect the game to end in such an abrupt and sad way.

Edit: But hey, there is a bonus chapter after the credits.
This isn’t really a spoiler but I feel it should still be behind a spoiler tag for those of us who haven’t yet played it.

Last edited:
I preordered God of War Ragnarök, am I going to want to play God of War first or just start with Ragnarök?
Oh, yea play the first GoW. You're going to want to play it first simply 'cause it's flippin' fantastic. I'm a PC user so I don't expect to get to play Ragnarok anytime soon. I just played GoW this summer. It was awesome. Really great game. 100% recommend.

I picked up this game Core Keeper (which is in Early access) and I love it. It's like a top down Terreria with some Stardew Valley elements. It's up to 8 player multiplayer in a persistent world, but I've only been playing solo. It's a progress at your own pace (no timers, no seasons) sandbox kind of game. On Normal it's forgiving and relaxed. Patience and preparedness are rewarded. You gain experience points for simply doing a task, like mining or running, and get stronger, faster, and more efficient as you play. The world gets more challenging the further you progress outward from your starting area, and as far as I can tell it's a pretty large. Crafting is simple and not having looked up any optimization guides, I don't feel like I've made an mistakes. I highly recommend this, so far.

Xenoblade 3 just ran me through the wringer and I’m not even done with it yet. Good gravy.
Ah yes, I think I know exactly where you are…

I spent the couple of weeks on XC3 post-game content: leveling up my party to 99, exploring high-level areas, and hunting down unique monsters/superbosses. Finally arrived at a party composition that I really like, but now I’m done with the game!

A few more general thoughts on the XC series. My last year of gaming was basically dedicated to the three main series titles in order (I fired up XC: Definitive Edition sometime last fall, followed it up with XC2 this spring/summer, and am now basically done with my first XC3 playthrough), well over 500 hours in total.

Even though I don’t consider myself a “100%, all-achievements completionist,” there’s no way around the fact that these games are major timesinks: I only completed a single playthrough on each one. When it comes to JRPGs I usually enjoy doing subsequent playthroughs but I have not been able to muster the energy for that with the XC games.

Perhaps because I’ve only experienced a single run through each one, I feel unable to rank these titles. I can say that XC3 has the most polished gameplay, XC1 the best story, and yet XC2 is the one I put the most hours into. None of the games are flawless, but overall I’ve found them ultimately so enjoyable that Xenoblade has surpassed Final Fantasy as my favorite RPG series. In fact, Xenoblade effectively filled the void that was left once Squaresoft stopped making classic FF games (the way I see it, XC1 picks up where FFXII left off).

Anyway, this is my Xenoblade Chronicles love letter. I might have to take a break from gaming for a while (again, the World Cup) and I’m not sure what’s next. I have FFVIII and FFX in my backlog. I’m afraid I’ll get too hooked on Persona 5. I’m also considering NieR: Automata. I might finally bite on those new Mario Kart tracks. Or maybe I’ll just play XC2: Torna :cool:

I could never really get into XB1 for whatever reason, and I tried on multiple platforms. I liked, but didn't love, XB2.

XB3, for whatever reason, has clicked with me completely. I love the setup, I love the characters. The themes and story feel really well integrated. The gameplay is polished. It's certainly one of my favorite RPGs in years, since at least Persona 4.

I could never really get into XB1 for whatever reason, and I tried on multiple platforms. I liked, but didn't love, XB2.

XB3, for whatever reason, has clicked with me completely. I love the setup, I love the characters. The themes and story feel really well integrated. The gameplay is polished. It's certainly one of my favorite RPGs in years, since at least Persona 4.

I was reading XB as XBox and was confused at first. lol

This isn’t really a spoiler but I feel it should still be behind a spoiler tag for those of us who haven’t yet played it.
appreciate that, even if it's not really a spoiler... I'm slowly working through this one (maybe on chapter 6 or 7).

overall I'm enjoying it, the story is very engaging..but for me I find it a bit too tedious and frustrating at times with checkpoints and its trial and error gameplay. but I've never been particularly great at games like this

I played saints row the third back when it released and I immediately fell in love with it, it was the perfect mix of goofy and badass and it’s still a game I love going back to. It was also the only game in the franchise I played so I decided to finally change that. I play saints row 2 at the beginning of the month and I was blown away by it! Its definitely aged but I had so much fun with it and loved the slightly more serious feel to the story while still being goofy at times. Playing saints row 4 now and I must say I really hate every second of it lol. It went too far into the absurd and it’s just not fun gameplay wise. The crackdown franchise does everything sr4 does but way better in my opinion.

EA has announced that they are going to digital only games in several European Countries such as Germany and Austria. EA cited declining sales of physical media for this decision.

Do we expect this trend to spread to other countries or developers?

Back