Everything Video Games!

I finally did it, I have finished my 3rd playthrough of Elden Ring, and got the last 2 Achievements that I needed. Finished off this playthrough in half the time of my 1st and New Game+ playthroughs. Total time: 225 hours across all playthroughs. I got the Chaos Flame, Normal, and Ranni endings, in that order. Feeling a little empty, though I know I can go back at anytime and start a new character.
I finished my first playthrough today, and think it's a one and done for me. Astounding game, some of the best art design I've ever seen in a game. Don't have a lot of time to play a game for 7+ months tho!

I finally did it, I have finished my 3rd playthrough of Elden Ring, and got the last 2 Achievements that I needed. Finished off this playthrough in half the time of my 1st and New Game+ playthroughs. Total time: 225 hours across all playthroughs. I got the Chaos Flame, Normal, and Ranni endings, in that order. Feeling a little empty, though I know I can go back at anytime and start a new character.
I stalled out on my second play through when I had trouble finding a good achievement checklist; I only found completionist checklists that required full, detailed play, or for me to just keep the list open at all times as I struggled to make sure I was making the most of my time in different dungeons and areas.

Maybe I just need to wait for someone else to do the work 😛, but for the previous souls games there were several lists that isolated achievements to categories and you could filter easily.

I stalled out on my second play through when I had trouble finding a good achievement checklist; I only found completionist checklists that required full, detailed play, or for me to just keep the list open at all times as I struggled to make sure I was making the most of my time in different dungeons and areas.

Maybe I just need to wait for someone else to do the work 😛, but for the previous souls games there were several lists that isolated achievements to categories and you could filter easily.
I may have shared this before; this series is LONG but will get you 100% of the achievements except the multiple endings which depending on your platform you can cheese it.

ending cheese: elden ring save scum endings - Google Search

I may have shared this before; this series is LONG but will get you 100% of the achievements except the multiple endings which depending on your platform you can cheese it.

ending cheese: elden ring save scum endings - Google Search

This is familiar; I’ll give it a try sometime soon. Thanks!

Honestly the endings are the easiest part for me; I stumbled into one of the harder ones on my first playthrough and am lined up to complete Ranni’s ending on this second one.

In my first playthrough, I did as full of a playthrough as I could. 140+ hours, didn't use walkthroughs till towards the end, which ended up biting me because I missed the one weapon you can't go back for after you start the end game events. Except for that, you can get all the armaments, sorceries and incantations, etc. through back tracking. Most of the other achievements are tied to beating the Rememberance bosses, so I did all of those. I actually had the requirements to get every ending except for Goldmask's ending, like the weapon I missed, I progressed the story too much and accidentally missed the last part of the quest. Went with the Chaos Flame ending there, then ran through New Game+ really fast to get the basic ending. Did Ranni's ending and got the armaments in my 3rd playthrough, and that completed the list. Someday I'll go back and at least do Goldmask's ending, but I'm taking a break for now, playing Tunic and Final Fantasy 13-2 currently, and Persona 5 is coming to game pass in a couple weeks.

Looks like powerpix has a pretty solid walkthrough relevant to getting all achievements/trophies for anyone interested Elden Ring Trophy Guide & Roadmap

The drift on my PS5 controller has only gotten worse. Control is pretty much unplayable now. I can't stay crouched behind an object, the drift is always making me stand up and run out where I instantly get shot. Also, trying to shoot is tough, because I have to do so while running left so it makes it unnecessarily difficult to aim and hit the target. Even launch is hard. Either the left movement changes the target or I end up behind an object when I finally launch it and it smacks into something instead of the target.

I'm going to reach out to GameStop today. I bought their warranty. So I think they cover this and I can get a new controller through them rather than the 1 to 6 weeks for service through Sony's warranty.

out of stock!
oh, my bad.. yeah. I didn't notice that. maybe someone will be lucky in their area's in-store, I'm pretty sure I saw there were 2 available in the closest store to me earlier but now it's showing as out of stock

Got a brand new Dualsense controller from GameStop under warranty. Didn't have to pay anything. Good timing, because my warranty was only for a year, which would be up on 10/22.

While getting the joystick drift sucked, glad it happened while still under warranty.

Jack Black sounds fine... Chris Pratt's weak-ass New York accent? Hmmmm.... At least it looks good.

I know it's not the voice from the games and it's definitely not what I was expecting, but maybe it was the right choice?

I could really imagine that a whole movie of that high-pitched, broken Italian voice getting very annoying. in this case you have a very jarring initial reaction, but I think if/when you can settle into it it'll be so much more digestible over the length of a movie.

plus let's face it, this ultimately is a kid's movie, they don't have decades of attachment to "It's a me, Maaa-deo!".

maybe they didn't pick the right voice, but I think changing it was for the best.

I know it's not the voice from the games and it's definitely not what I was expecting, but maybe it was the right choice?

I could really imagine that a whole movie of that high-pitched, broken Italian voice getting very annoying. in this case you have a very jarring initial reaction, but I think if/when you can settle into it it'll be so much more digestible over the length of a movie.

plus let's face it, this ultimately is a kid's movie, they don't have decades of attachment to "It's a me, Maaa-deo!".

maybe they didn't pick the right voice, but I think changing it was for the best.
I think they shouldn't have gotten a recognizable voice. A) it would have cost less, B) they could have gotten someone with a thick New York accent, like Lou Albano in the old cartoon. That worked in a silly way.

Back