Everything Video Games!

Well, you could hook up the original PS VR to a PC.

So maybe you will be able to out of the box. I'm sure more info will be available soon.
That's great, thanks for the link. I have a PSVR that I'm not using much and will look into this.

Played Astro’s Playroom for a bit while all my other games were loading. For a freebie it’s great. Agree on the controls, loving the triggers.

I’ve been playing on a PS4 slim recently, and noticed a jump when playing the PS5 version of Stray. While the graphics feel sharper, it’s more the lighting that I noticed - definite HDR improvement.

Only slight frustration is that I’m not sure if my TV has VRR. It’s on the game mode pop up, and I’m sure my XBox Series S shows it as an option. Might have to actually RTFM…

Beat Ghosts. Checked some texts and I started playing it in early August. So took almost exactly 3 months over roughly 60 hours.

I cleared the bottom two islands entirely, am pretty sure I got all the armor (despite keeping the travelers gear on 85% of the time) and have maybe 15% of the top area still fogged.

I can't decide whether the game is an 8.5 or a 9. The story was solid but unspectacular yet the ending couple of hours were quite affecting. The game was fucking gorgeous from an art direction standpoint and the combat never got tired. So much polish. Everywhere.

But the side stuff felt over-simplified. Like they didn't trust players to be seasoned gamers. The biggest example of this is the fox dens where the fox leads you literally directly to the shrine instead of giving you a vague area to search out.

In the end, I think I lean towards a 9.0 just because my complaints are so minor and it was such a relaxing, engrossing experience. Definitely the best Sucker Punch game I've played. At some point I will return and do the DLC island and maybe clear what's left of the final chunk of map.

But tonight I will begin Cyberpunk.

Started playing the new Sonic this morning. Will pick it back up after work tonight.

After you clear the first boss, the entire world opens up to you and you explore freestyle. And yes, like elden ring, you can encounter enemies you are by no means ready to take on yet and need to come back later.

I've been getting back into the Oculus (it's still that to me, Meta!)

On a whim, I bought both Warplanes games. Once you get your body over the nausea factor, they're so fun! I get way to much into crazy loops and rolls, and kind of stink at actually playing the game, but flying in VR is a freaking blast. Anyone have any other Quest recommendations?

First 3 are large scale hack and slash games with a classic revenge story, and from GoW (4) on it becomes third person action rpg with heavy emotional beats in the story.

Also, the first 3 you don't have to play at all to jump in to the 4th. The first 3 games live in Greek Mythology. Game 4 switches to Norse Mythology and is a complete new story.

First 3 are large scale hack and slash games with a classic revenge story, and from GoW (4) on it becomes third person action rpg with heavy emotional beats in the story.
Interesting. I remember when the first God of War came out but I can’t stand hack-and-slash games so I figured the series is no for me. I did see that GoW4 had great reviews but didn’t know that the gameplay experience changed. I’m a Switch owner though, so I guess I’ll continue to go without it.

Interesting. I remember when the first God of War came out but I can’t stand hack-and-slash games so I figured the series is no for me. I did see that GoW4 had great reviews but didn’t know that the gameplay experience changed. I’m a Switch owner though, so I guess I’ll continue to go without it.

You could always buy it for PC and stream to your Switch

I was largely a Nintendo / Bioware / Rockstar kid growing up, but 1st person Sony games = why I still game. Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War 2018 and The Last Of Us 1/2 are everything I dreamed gaming would be as a teen... even if Biwoware and Rockstar have gone into the gutter and Nintendo gas grow pretty complacent in my eyes (BotW notwithstanding).

Last edited:
I was largely a Nintendo / Bioware / Rockstar kid growing up, but 1st person Sony games = why I still game. Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War 2018 and The Last Of Us 1/2 are everything I dreamed gaming would be as a teen... even if Biwoware and Rockstar have gone into the gutter.
I was an N64 kid who dabbled into some of the other turn-of-the-century systems, and then went a good 15 years without a console. Finally got back into it because of the Switch/BOTW/Odyssey. I’ve been happy with the Switch ports of older games (especially The Witcher 3 and Skyrim… I put 800 hours combined on just those two titles) as well as the Switch exclusives (assorted Mario stuff and the Xenoblade games). My “ideal game” is probably something like the early days Final Fantasy 11 (the old MMORPG), an experience I’ve been more or less chasing ever since.

So I've been playing Cyberpunk (PS5)...

A) I have not played The Witcher 3 because I did not like the gameplay of the 2nd one, nor care for its world. Outside GOT, high fantasy rarely does anything for me. However, I love a good Western RPG and have been let down my almost every single one of the modern era (Fallout 4, Outer Worlds, + the reviews on Mass Effect Andromeda).
B) I did not follow any of the pre-game hype. I learned years ago to ignore everything until reviews. Because of this, I had no expection of what was promised.
C) I also love GTA and open world games in general.

So... (now at) 15ish hours in:

A) The bugs have been extremely minimal
B) The flaws of the game are very evident and most of them are linked to the open world design decision. For example, when driving the world suddenly feels empty and there is no cop related star system if you decide to go in on a killing spree. The density, behavior of the open world and the type of random encounters that Red Dead 2 set the stardard for were simply outside of this games budget. The city looks gorgeous and the art design are awesome though and the verticality of things is extremely unique. It makes me wish they had made your character more agile ala Mirror's Edge.
C) Other flaws include the UI being kind of a mess, the pacing of the voice acting being a touch off and the voice acting itself being a touch hit or miss (though most of it hits)

AND YET

I haven't been this addicted to a game in a long, long time. I mean maybe the Switch animal crissing counts? But that was at the height of the pandemic. And much like Stardew (which I was also addicted to in 2019) was more about the gameplay loop than a sense of awe and a story driving me forward. Maybe LoU2? But I'd argue I actually chipped away at that one a reasonable pace even if I was consistent about it. With this game, I literally got off work on Friday and have not left my apartment other than to walk my dog.

So why is it so addictive despite the flaws?

1) The story (thus far) is really well done. And the characters and world building are even better
2) The main missions and side (character) missions are really, really well done.
3) The gunplay is really satisfying. Which as somebody who would never actively choose to take a stealth approach, means I'm really enjoying to core gameplay.
4) The game just has so much fucking imagination and style. I am 1000% absorbed in where everything is going.
5) Also the soundtrack slays.

So yeah-- I haven't dug to see if there is Cyberpunk discussion from 2 years ago on here... but in the year 2022 on a PS5? If you are a story driven gamer who likes RPGs like Fallout or OG Bioware, Cyberpunk is definitely worth playing. But if you go in expecting / wanting a sandbox simulator, you're gonna have a bad time.

Last edited:
So maybe 10 hours into Cyberpunk (PS5)...

A) I have not played The Witcher 3 because I did not like the gameplay of the 2nd one, nor care for its world. Outside GOT, high fantasy rarely does anything for me. However, I love a good Western RPG and have been let down my almost every single one of the modern era (Fallout 3, Outer Worlds, Mass Effect Andromeda).
B) I did not follow any of the pre-game hype. I learned years ago to ignore everything until reviews. Because of this, I had no expection of what was promised.
C) I also love GTA and open world games in general.

So... 10 hours in:

A) The bugs have been extremely minimal
B) The flaws of the game are very evident and most of them are linked to the open world design decision. For example, when driving the world suddenly feels empty. And the density of the open world and the type of random encounters that Red Dead 2 set the stardard for were simply outside of this games budget. The city looks gorgeous and the art design are awesome though and the verticality of things is extremely unique. It makes me wish they had made your character more agile ala Mirror's Edge.
C) Other flaws include the UI is kind of being a mess, the pacing of the voice acting being a touch off and the voice acting itself being a touch hit or miss (though most of it hits)

AND YET

I haven't been this addicted to a game in a long, long time. I mean maybe the Switch animal crissing counts? But that was at the height of the pandemic. And much like Stardew (which I was also addicted to in 2019) was more about the gameplay loop than a sense of awe and a story driving me forward. Maybe LoU2? But I'd argue I actually chipped away at that one a reasonable pace even if I was consistent about it. With this game, I literally got off work on Friday and have not left my apartment other than to walk my dog.

So why is it so addictive despite the flaws?

1) The story (thus far) is really well done. And the characters and world building are even better.
2) The gunplay is really satisfying. Which as somebody who would never actively choose to take a stealth approach, means I'm really enjoying to core gameplay.
3) The game just has so much fucking imagination and I am 1000% absorbed in where everything is going.

So yeah-- I haven't dug to see if there is Cyberpunk discussion for 2 years ago on here... but in the year 2022 on a PS5? If you are a story driven gamer who likes Fallout or OG Bioware... Cyberpunk is definitely worth playing.
Been watching my wife play it on a Series S. She’s been having a blast, and even on a relatively underpowered system it’s running fine. Will add it onto my play list.

Back