Everything Video Games!

Also, my girlfriend and I have been playing tons of sea thieves which has been a blast! Me on PC and Her on the Xbox, been such a good time (y)
I’ve been rocking Sea of Thieves solo, but would definitely be up for joining some people online if you ever fancy it?

Kosumonoto is my tag 😊

I’ve been rocking Sea of Thieves solo, but would definitely be up for joining some people online if you ever fancy it?

Kosumonoto is my tag 😊

Definetly! We usually do a two player Sloop, but sailing a Brig with a third member would be awesome! She's in BC for a week, so I'll get back to you when we hop on next time :)

For those of you who have finished RDR2, give it to me straight: does the story go to ass near the end? I've been enjoying it so far, I think I'm near the end of Chapter 4. Without spoiling any details, I just did the mission with Dutch where you see a guy about a boat. My coworker mentioned there were 6 chapters. From the way things have been progressing, I'm scratching my head as to how the inevitable ending is still 2 chapters away. The only thing I can think of is either 5 and 6 are very short, or 6 is maybe an epilogue?

I've got some Humble Bundle codes for games I either already have or have no interest in... If you're interested in any of these, feel free to mention here so others know interest has been stated, but *please* also send me a personal message so I don't just forget to check this entirely. Yup, I'm that good at life :-D Oh, P.S. these are all Steam codes
If you're interested in any of these, let me know by way of PM...

-Endless Legend Classic Edition
-Endless Space Collection
(CLAIMED) -Owlboy
(CLAIMED) -Life Is Strange (Complete)
-Mafia III
PM sent for Mafia

For those of you who have finished RDR2, give it to me straight: does the story go to ass near the end? I've been enjoying it so far, I think I'm near the end of Chapter 4. Without spoiling any details, I just did the mission with Dutch where you see a guy about a boat. My coworker mentioned there were 6 chapters. From the way things have been progressing, I'm scratching my head as to how the inevitable ending is still 2 chapters away. The only thing I can think of is either 5 and 6 are very short, or 6 is maybe an epilogue?
Chapter 5 is pretty short and very different from the other chapters.

Edit: I really enjoyed the story FWIW. The epilogue too but it doesn't have the weight of the main story.

Definetly! We usually do a two player Sloop, but sailing a Brig with a third member would be awesome! She's in BC for a week, so I'll get back to you when we hop on next time :)
Let me know if you need a 4th for the brig you scallywags. I have the game installed on pc but not many people to play with.

Chapter 5 is pretty short and very different from the other chapters.

Edit: I really enjoyed the story FWIW. The epilogue too but it doesn't have the weight of the main story.
I'm really enjoying the story too. Seeing Dutch's descent into madness has been a great ride, and interacting with each character is honestly the best part. I wonder if playing through the original would be a totally different experience now that I've grown fond of everyone.

I'm really enjoying the story too. Seeing Dutch's descent into madness has been a great ride, and interacting with each character is honestly the best part. I wonder if playing through the original would be a totally different experience now that I've grown fond of everyone.
Yeah, that'd be interesting, maybe I should drag out my PS3.

I have been watching a playthrough of Persona 5 recently because I kinda want to replay it, but I also think I should wait for P5R.

And I have a backlog that could fill months of my time, but I only play Smash and Monster Hunter...

And NHL, because I'm Canadian.

Just beat the final boss. First JRPG I've loved other than the original Pokemon & Star Wars: KotOR (which led to my love of Western RPG's). Sits alongside Zero Dawn Horizon as my favorite game of this generation. But it's sooooo long (at 130 hours) that I still need to play God of War, RD2 and Nier: Automa (which I'm about to start).

Also...

Last edited:
And because I got drunk with a fellow nerd this weekend, I present you with my 50 favorite games of all-time and dare you to guess my age (I limited it to one game per series):

Conkers Bad Fur Day (N64, Xbox)
The Last of Us (PS3)
Mass Effect 2 (360)
GTA 5 (PS3, 360)
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Xbox)
Super Mario Wii (Wii)
Resident Evil 4 (GC)
Persona 5 (PS4)
Bioshock Infinite (360, PS3)
Mirror's Edge (360, PS3)

Inside (Current Gen Indie)
Jade Empire (Xbox)
Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4)
Burnout 3: Takedown (Xbox, GC, PS2)
WWF: No Mercy (N64)
Fallout 3 (360, PS3)
Harvest Moon 64 (N64)
Killer 7 (GC)
Time Splitters 2 (GC = best version)
ESPN 2K5 (Xbox, PS2)

Zelda: OOT (N64)
Beyond Good and Evil (GC, PS2? Xbox)
Eternal Darkness (GC)
Worms Armegeddon (Dreamcast, N64)
Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
Pokemon: Red/Blue (Gameboy)
Turtles in Time (SNES)
Fight Night: Round 3 (360/PS3)
Rainbow Six 3 (Xbox)
Max Payne (Xbox/PS2)

Tony Hawk: Underground (Xbox/GC/PS2)
Jet Set Radio (Dreamcast)
Metroid Prime (GC)
Heavy Rain (PS3)
Rez (Dreamcast)
Mario Kart 64 (N64)
NBA Jam: Turbo Edition (Genesis/SNES/Gamegear)
Super Smash Brothers Mele (GC)
Golden Eye: 007 (N64)
Super Monkey Ball 2 (GC)

Winning Eleven 8 (Xbox)
Limbo (360/PS3)
Vanquish (360/PS3)
Assassins Creed 2 (360/PS3)
A Night in the Woods (Current Gen Indie)
Ico (PS2)
Marvel Vs. Capcom II (Dreamcast)
Tiny Tunes: Acne All-Stars (Genesis)
Deathrow (Xbox)
Virtual Tennis (Dreamcast)
Warioware Inc. (GC)

I listed the console that it was originally released on. Though with Conkers I included the Xbox raster because it holds up and the N64 one is tough to play (even if it's multiplayer was vastly superior and it is considered the better version due to Microsoft censoring portions of the game). Oh and with Mass Effect I listed the 360 because who the hell wants to play that series without access to the first game.

Also, if anyone has rec's for me from this generation based off this list, I'm all ears. I'm fairly well informed but have been incredibly disappointed by most of the releases I've looked forward to (Mirrors Edge 2, Fallout 4 which was basically Borderlands, No Man's Sky, Mass Effect Andromana, exc).

Last edited:
So...have you all heard of this hit new genre taking the internet by storm called Auto Chess?

I got a key for Valves version of it called Dota Underlords and I gotta say its alot of fun. I could see myself playing this for a long time but my only problem is that their is a lack of over all progression. The only way I see them fixing it is adding a battle pass which is fine.

And because I got drunk with a fellow nerd this weekend, I present you with my 50 favorite games of alltime and dare you to guess my age (I limited it to one game per series):

Conkers Bad Fur Day (N64, Xbox)
The Last of Us (PS3)
Mass Effect 2 (360)
GTA 5 (PS3, 360)
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Xbox)
Super Mario Wii (Wii)
Resident Evil 4 (GC)
Persona 5 (PS4)
Bioshock Infinite (360, PS3)
Mirror's Edge (360, PS3)

Inside (Current Gen Indie)
Jade Empire (Xbox)
Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4)
Burnout 3: Takedown (Xbox, GC, PS2)
WWF: No Mercy (N64)
Fallout 3 (360, PS3)
Harvest Moon 64 (N64)
Killer 7 (GC)
Time Splitters 2 (GC = best version)
ESPN 2K5 (Xbox, PS2)

Zelda: OOT (N64)
Beyond Good and Evil (GC, PS2? Xbox)
Eternal Darkness (GC)
Worms Armegeddon (Dreamcast, N64)
Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
Pokemon: Red/Blue (Gameboy)
Turtles in Time (SNES)
Fight Night: Round 3 (360/PS3)
Rainbow Six 3 (Xbox)
Max Payne (Xbox/PS2)

Tony Hawk: Underground (Xbox/GC/PS2)
Jet Set Radio (Dreamcast)
Metroid Prime (GC)
Heavy Rain (PS3)
Rez (Dreamcast)
Mario Kart 64 (N64)
NBA Jam: Turbo Edition (Genesis/SNES/Gamegear)
Super Smash Brothers Mele (GC)
Golden Eye: 007 (N64)
Super Monkey Ball 2 (GC)

Winning Eleven 8 (Xbox)
Limbo (360/PS3)
Vanquish (360/PS3)
Assassins Creed 2 (360/PS3)
A Night in the Woods (Current Gen Indie)
Ico (PS2)
Marvel Vs. Capcom II (Dreamcast)
Tiny Tunes: Acne All-Stars (Genesis)
Deathrow (Xbox)
Virtual Tennis (Dreamcast)
Warioware Inc. (GC)

I listed the console that it was originally released on. Though with Conkers I included the Xbox raster because it holds up and the N64 one is tough to play (even if it's multiplayer was vastly superior and it is considered the better version due to Microsoft censoring portions of the game). Oh and with Mass Effect I listed the 360 because who the hell wants to play that series without access to the first game.

Also, if anyone has rec's for me from this generation based off this list, I'm all ears. I'm fairly well informed but have been incredibly disappointed by most of the releases I've looked forward to (Mirrors Edge 2, Fallout 4 which was basically Borderlands, No Man's Sky, Mass Effect Andromana, exc).
No idea if you've tried these or what consoles you have access to but off the top of my head:

AAA stuff:
God of War (PS4) - really plays totally different from the old ones if you didn't like those. great 3rd person action/father-son tale
Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4) - Beautiful game. Tons of fun hunting robo-animals
Uncharted 4 (PS4), or even the Nathan Drake collection. I'm guessing you've played them and don't like them? The new one isn't different enough if you didn't like Uncharted 2 for instance.
Spider-man (PS4) - So fun even just swinging around
Bloodborne/Sekiro - You probably know if you'll like any of the souls games but I think they're worth mentioning
RDR2 - Amazing game in my opinion but some people find the long character animations for frequent tasks excruciating so fair warning

Indie:
Celeste - Beautiful super hard precision platformer, but you only start the room over if you die and there is no penalty for # of deaths
Ori and the Blind Forest - great metroidvania
Hollow Knight - even better, incredible, metroidvania, little bit of a slow start and learning curve
Cuphead - If you ever wanted a game that was mostly super hard platformer bosses this is for you

Subnautica - To me this was a super addictive survival/exploration game

The Witness - If you like puzzles, yes
Return of the Obra Dinn (PC) - Oh man, this game was so cool. Also a sort of puzzle game trying to figure out what happened to each person and who they were on a ship where everyone has died.

FTL/Into the Breach - These are really cool small strategy games but are very hard. I would like them more if I was better at them.

Sorry, I'm sure that's way more than you were expecting

Also, if anyone has any recommendations for me based on these I'd love to hear them, especially the indie stuff that I seem to completely miss sometimes, like Obra Dinn and Subnautica.

So...have you all heard of this hit new genre taking the internet by storm called Auto Chess?

I got a key for Valves version of it called Dota Underlords and I gotta say its alot of fun. I could see myself playing this for a long time but my only problem is that their is a lack of over all progression. The only way I see them fixing it is adding a battle pass which is fine.
I have only seen the name. What the heck is it?

No idea if you've tried these or what consoles you have access to but off the top of my head:

AAA stuff:
God of War (PS4) - really plays totally different from the old ones if you didn't like those. great 3rd person action/father-son tale
Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4) - Beautiful game. Tons of fun hunting robo-animals
Uncharted 4 (PS4), or even the Nathan Drake collection. I'm guessing you've played them and don't like them? The new one isn't different enough if you didn't like Uncharted 2 for instance.
Spider-man (PS4) - So fun even just swinging around
Bloodborne/Sekiro - You probably know if you'll like any of the souls games but I think they're worth mentioning
RDR2 - Amazing game in my opinion but some people find the long character animations for frequent tasks excruciating so fair warning

Indie:
Celeste - Beautiful super hard precision platformer, but you only start the room over if you die and there is no penalty for # of deaths
Ori and the Blind Forest - great metroidvania
Hollow Knight - even better, incredible, metroidvania, little bit of a slow start and learning curve
Cuphead - If you ever wanted a game that was mostly super hard platformer bosses this is for you

Subnautica - To me this was a super addictive survival/exploration game

The Witness - If you like puzzles, yes
Return of the Obra Dinn (PC) - Oh man, this game was so cool. Also a sort of puzzle game trying to figure out what happened to each person and who they were on a ship where everyone has died.

FTL/Into the Breach - These are really cool small strategy games but are very hard. I would like them more if I was better at them.

Sorry, I'm sure that's way more than you were expecting

Also, if anyone has any recommendations for me based on these I'd love to hear them, especially the indie stuff that I seem to completely miss sometimes, like Obra Dinn and Subnautica.

I dug Bloodborne A LOT but couldn't deal with going back to the beginning of a level (or halfway back) after losing to a boss. So I quit at the 3rd boss. The combat itself was satisfying as fuck though.

Uncharted 4 came with my PS4, and I somehow have yet to play it. Like the 2nd one a lot though (1st one was okay, skipped the 3rd) so maybe I'll play that after beating Persona (the final boss is about to have his change of heart).

Horizon sits in the top half of that list. Absolutely adored it. It, Persona and Inside/Night in the Woods are the only games from this genearation on that list...

But I know I NEED to play Spiderman, RD2 and God of War and expect at least one of them to penetrate the top 50. Also, I as I said, I have a copy of Nier on hand and that might as well. I really want to play Cuphead too but don't have an Xbox One. My PC might be strong enough to play it though. Is it on Stream?

I dug Bloodborne A LOT but couldn't deal with going back to the beginning of a level (or halfway back) after losing to a boss. So I quit at the 3rd boss. The combat itself was satisfying as fuck though.
You might prefer Sekiro then. They did away with that mechanic and instead there aren't really levels and you just start back at a save point. There are a few that you have to get through some enemies before you get back to the boss, but many of them are right next to bosses. You have to be ok with learning to parry pretty well though.

Uncharted 4 came with my PS4, and I somehow have yet to play it. Like the 2nd one a lot though (1st one was okay, skipped the 3rd) so maybe I'll play that after beating Persona (the final boss is about to have his change of heart).
I struggle ranking 2-4 but the 1st is definitely dead last. I think I played 2 after it came out as a rental, but otherwise slept on them. I played them all in a row a year or two ago and really enjoyed them.

Horizon sits in the top half of that list. Absolutely adored it. It, Persona and Inside/Night in the Woods are the only games from this genearation on that list...

But I know I NEED to play Spiderman, RD2 and God of War and expect at least one of them to penetrate the top 50. Also, I as I said, I have a copy of Nier on hand and that might as well. I really want to play Cuphead too but don't have an Xbox One. My PC might be strong enough to play it though. Is it on Stream?
Ha, I'm an idiot and didn't realize that post right before your list was yours too, sorry (and obviously missed Horizon)

I need to play Inside, A Night in the Woods, and Nier for sure.

Re: Cuphead, I don't have an Xbox and played it on PC with my Dualshock, it has pretty low specs:

Processor: Intel Core2 Duo E8400, 3.0GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+, 3.0GHz or higher
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: Geforce 9600 GT or AMD HD 3870 512MB or higher

Back