Everything Video Games!

Been watching some Metroid Dread streams, tempted to play (but I know I won’t finish it). Game looks impressive and an improvement to the series. Maybe one day I’ll consider it.

@Tillman did you ever get the MH Rise amiibo?? and/or did you want them??

they seem to be back up in stock in gamestop rn , also for anyone else interested

@Tillman did you ever get the MH Rise amiibo?? and/or did you want them??

they seem to be back up in stock in gamestop rn , also for anyone else interested

I think you may have me mixed up with someone else, as much as I love the game I was never looking for the MH Amibos.

after a couple of days of being completely lost on where I needed to go in Metroid I'm finally back on track. recent frustrations aside I am really loving just about everything about it!

I started Xenoblade Chronicles on the Switch earlier this week. I’m taking it extremely slow and can already tell it’ll be months before I put it down (especially given my tendency to replay RPGs immediately after finishing my first playthrough).

Anyone got an Xbox Series S? Basically, it’s the only next gen console I can realistically get just now, and even though I’m normally team PlayStation it’s tempting, even just to get game pass for a bit and play the back catalogue.
There's SO MANY games on Game Pass that would make it worth it IMO. Also you can still buy everything digitally that isn't on game pass. I personally have always liked having discs for games but the past 3 games I've wanted to buy have been cheaper to buy digitally. I haven't bought a physical game in over a year now.

I am still on an Xbox One X. My friend has the Series X and the speed and efficiency of that system is ridiculous, I'd imagine Series S is similar.

There's SO MANY games on Game Pass that would make it worth it IMO. Also you can still buy everything digitally that isn't on game pass. I personally have always liked having discs for games but the past 3 games I've wanted to buy have been cheaper to buy digitally. I haven't bought a physical game in over a year now.

I am still on an Xbox One X. My friend has the Series X and the speed and efficiency of that system is ridiculous, I'd imagine Series S is similar.
Agreed on both counts! I have Game Pass Ultimate as well as the Series X and I'm thoroughly enjoying both 😎 That being said, the Series S is no slouch either, it's a great value for gamers on a budget!

Knock Out City is the most fun I've had playing a team battle game since Splatoon.

The Dodgeball concept is a blast.

Any of you guys playing it?
I played during the free launch event but found it to be the most infuriating experience. I'll stick to screaming at Splatoon and Dead by Daylight.

Does anyone use any Achievement Tracking websites for their gaming?

I have a bit of self-diagnosed OCD in terms of tracking things (Last.fm, Trakt, Untappd, etc.), and have been using True Achievements for gaming for the past 6-8 months. Would love some friends and/or website alternatives that anyone on here uses.

I played during the free launch event but found it to be the most infuriating experience. I'll stick to screaming at Splatoon and Dead by Daylight.

Oh yeah? I started playing a few weeks ago and felt I was competitive from the start. I usually just play non-competitive as a distraction but I think I contribute to my team. There are definitely some better players that catch the ball all the time, but I like the challenge of either sneaking up on them from the back of barraging them with a bunch of throws in a row. I like how the idea of a dodgeball game is irreverent like Splatoon was.

Unfortunately, my WiiU is fully retired at this point, so I'm not going to go back to Splatoon soon (could you even find matches using a WiiU any more, notwithstanding the fact that everyone probably moved on to Splatoon 2?).

The team game that really frustrated me when I tried it was Overwatch. Damn I felt useless playing that.

I did for a while until my crew fell off.

If ever you want to pick up a few games, PM me for my xbox handle. I'm average but I like to think I can hold my own. Not set-up with a headset for in-game chatting yet though, if you care about that.

Last edited:
Does anyone use any Achievement Tracking websites for their gaming?

I have a bit of self-diagnosed OCD in terms of tracking things (Last.fm, Trakt, Untappd, etc.), and have been using True Achievements for gaming for the past 6-8 months. Would love some friends and/or website alternatives that anyone on here uses.
I didn't even know achievement tracker websites existed, but I'm the same way when it comes to tracking things so I'll need to look into it!

Agreed on both counts! I have Game Pass Ultimate as well as the Series X and I'm thoroughly enjoying both 😎 That being said, the Series S is no slouch either, it's a great value for gamers on a budget!

I upgraded from an Xbox One to the Series S last month. Ended up going with the Series S mainly because of it's size (it can fit nicely in the cabinet under my TV while the Series X wouldn't). Really happy with it so far, but I haven't tested it much with any new AAA titles. I'd probably get Psychonauts, FIFA and Farcry when they come down in price a bit. Almost done of "Death's Door" which has been totally my style. I also picked up Control but haven't started it yet.

Back