Everything Video Games!

I didn't even know achievement tracker websites existed, but I'm the same way when it comes to tracking things so I'll need to look into it!

I like True Achievements' level of detail and number of users on the site, but they have separate sites for Xbox, Playstation, and Steam. There are a few sites out there (MetaGamerscore being one) that does cross platform all in one, which I'd prefer, but none of them have the UI feel or number of users as True Achievements does.

If you end up joining, my username is the same as on here. I also apologize in advance if you're similar to me, because I've definitely fallen down the rabbit hole. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Oh yeah? I started playing a few weeks ago and felt I was competitive from the start. I usually just play non-competitive as a distraction but I think I contribute to my team. There are definitely some better players that catch the ball all the time, but I like the challenge of either sneaking up on them from the back of barraging them with a bunch of throws in a row. I like how the idea of a dodgeball game is irreverent like Splatoon was.

Unfortunately, my WiiU is fully retired at this point, so I'm not going to go back to Splatoon soon (could you even find matches using a WiiU any more, notwithstanding the fact that everyone probably moved on to Splatoon 2?).

Maybe the balance is better now, but it was a crapshoot around launch. I wasn't terrible, but the rewards system was far too slow to make it worth the constant clobbering by sweaty esporters.

My WiiU access moved out with my roommate, so I went wholesale in on Splatoon 2 at launch. I go back for a few matches here and there, but you can bet I'm stoked to pour tons of hours into Splatoon 3 the moment it's live.

I like True Achievements' level of detail and number of users on the site, but they have separate sites for Xbox, Playstation, and Steam. There are a few sites out there (MetaGamerscore being one) that does cross platform all in one, which I'd prefer, but none of them have the UI feel or number of users as True Achievements does.

If you end up joining, my username is the same as on here. I also apologize in advance if you're similar to me, because I've definitely fallen down the rabbit hole. :ROFLMAO:
True Achievements and True Trophies are also my go-to's. I used to have a few others that consolidated across platforms a few years back but a couple of them went under and frankly it's been so long since I've checked I can't remember what was left.

FWIW I'm also CroutonBoy on True Achievements and CheekysHideaway on True Trophies. ("croutonboy" is somehow considered an offensive word in Japanese...or at least that's what Sony tells me....)

I just signed up (UrbanZombieEsq)...good god, I haven't seen a page so covered with ads since my middle school Geocities website! They really wanna get me to pay for the pro subscription.

EDIT: Completion percentage is 50.8%. Great, now I've gotta lock myself in the house for the rest of the year and play Xbox for 18 hours a day to get that number up. But I've been meaning to return to AC Syndicate, and this 10% is confirming that I need to...didn't realize I'd done so little of that game

Last edited:
I upgraded from an Xbox One to the Series S last month. Ended up going with the Series S mainly because of it's size (it can fit nicely in the cabinet under my TV while the Series X wouldn't). Really happy with it so far, but I haven't tested it much with any new AAA titles. I'd probably get Psychonauts, FIFA and Farcry when they come down in price a bit. Almost done of "Death's Door" which has been totally my style. I also picked up Control but haven't started it yet.
Good to know. Lots to like about it; the size, the fact I can go way back to Xbox exclusives that I haven't played, Game Pass, the emulation stuff it can do. I was tempted to get a gaming PC, but based on how long I'd actually use it, I think this could be a better option...

Good to know. Lots to like about it; the size, the fact I can go way back to Xbox exclusives that I haven't played, Game Pass, the emulation stuff it can do. I was tempted to get a gaming PC, but based on how long I'd actually use it, I think this could be a better option...
I sit at a computer all day long so I don’t want to continue doing that after I’m done working. I’m on the couch chilling out. My friends who game on a computer work on their feet all day and don’t have an issue sitting for a long time when they get home.

One thing to know is that storage expansion isn't as easy as the xbox one. You can add an external drive but you can't load a game directly from it (something about having to be moved to the main drive first). The only real HD expansion that allows you to load games like they're on the native drive are these seagate solid state expansion cartridges and they're still expensive right now. I'm sure they'll come down in price, but if you plan on having a decent size digital collection downloaded to your machine, it's good to know.

I'm still running with the native 500GB drive but I'm keeping an eye on prices for the 1TB seagate cartridge.

One thing to know is that storage expansion isn't as easy as the xbox one. You can add an external drive but you can't load a game directly from it (something about having to be moved to the main drive first). The only real HD expansion that allows you to load games like they're on the native drive are these seagate solid state expansion cartridges and they're still expensive right now. I'm sure they'll come down in price, but if you plan on having a decent size digital collection downloaded to your machine, it's good to know.

I'm still running with the native 500GB drive but I'm keeping an eye on prices for the 1TB seagate cartridge.
So, can you not play Xbox One and older games off an external HDD? My plan was to use one for my older games and emulation and keep the main drive free for new stuff. Having proprietary accessories is a very Sony thing to do, surprised MS did it.

All going well I should be back in employment in a week, so this could be a first pay check treat. Having said that, my PS4 arrives from the UK in a couple of weeks, so I might get distracted playing that...

So, can you not play Xbox One and older games off an external HDD? My plan was to use one for my older games and emulation and keep the main drive free for new stuff. Having proprietary accessories is a very Sony thing to do, surprised MS did it.

All going well I should be back in employment in a week, so this could be a first pay check treat. Having said that, my PS4 arrives from the UK in a couple of weeks, so I might get distracted playing that...
Only Xbox series s/x enhanced games have to be installed on the console internally to play. Everything older can play off your external like you were planning to do!

Nintendo Switch Online Expansion with N64 & Genesis games comes out to $50/year USD — out Oct. 25.

It includes the base tier, so basically a price hike of $30. Might be a stretch, but if it means they put more games on the service AND upgrade it to be more user friendly (looking at you, party chat), then it could be worth it.

If you're still playing Animal Crossing, then the DLC inclusion kinda makes it a no-brainer.

EDIT: Controllers are up on the Nintendo Store: N64 | Genesis

Last edited:
Nintendo Switch Online Expansion with N64 & Genesis games comes out to $50/year USD — out Oct. 25.

It includes the base tier, so basically a price hike of $30. Might be a stretch, but if it means they put more games on the service AND upgrade it to be more user friendly (looking at you, party chat), then it could be worth it.

If you're still playing Animal Crossing, then the DLC inclusion kinda makes it a no-brainer.

I think you'd be better off tracking down an old N64 used with some games. There's no exclusive benefit to this unless you want to play N64 games on the go portably, or with friends. It might be cheaper and maybe more fun in the long run.

I think you'd be better off tracking down an old N64 used with some games. There's no exclusive benefit to this unless you want to play N64 games on the go portably, or with friends. It might be cheaper and maybe more fun in the long run.
Idk about that. The cost would rack up fast, and there's no guarantee they'll work. Or that you'll be able to find all that are offered. I hear there'll be an upgrade for existing NSO members, so that's probably what I'll do since I want to AC DLC too.

Yeah, I hardly play any of the classic games with my current NSO subscription, so bumping up to $50 just to play F-Zero X isn't worth it (especially since I have a bunch of these games in my house already, or on different systems).

Would much rather track down a copy of F-Zero GX on the GameCube. Or just buy the games I want on my Wii U before they shut down the store!

Yeah, I hardly play any of the classic games with my current NSO subscription, so bumping up to $50 just to play F-Zero X isn't worth it (especially since I have a bunch of these games in my house already, or on different systems).

Would much rather track down a copy of F-Zero GX on the GameCube. Or just buy the games I want on my Wii U before they shut down the store!
It’s nice they currently provide a cheaper tier as an option as well as stand alone ac upgrade price. More purchase options the better.

The AC 1.5 update is interesting.

Gimmie Mario kart 8 1.5 update with some new tracks and racers , as part of the switch online premium.

It’s nice they currently provide a cheaper tier as an option as well as stand alone ac upgrade price. More purchase options the better.

The AC 1.5 update is interesting.

Gimmie Mario kart 8 1.5 update with some new tracks and racers , as part of the switch online premium.
Nitpicking but AC update is 2.0

MK8 on switch is already a port with old DLC, so I imagine they're working on MK9 at this point.

I sit at a computer all day long so I don’t want to continue doing that after I’m done working. I’m on the couch chilling out. My friends who game on a computer work on their feet all day and don’t have an issue sitting for a long time when they get home.
I feel the same way but my solution was to hook my computer up to the tv. I'm on the couch whether I'm playing on console or pc and I use the pc for streaming and watching stuff. The apps on the tv are a lot slower.

Back