Everything Video Games!

It says it came out in November of 2019 for the Switch. It also says it's 32 GB download for the switch, which I could never do without buying a Micro SD storage upgrade. I'm not sure if my switch even supports that as I don't see a port other than the game card.
Okay so like... 16 months back... I think it came out on the PS4 around 2016, I hadn't heard anything about only certain Switches being able to run it so I don't think you'd have an issue. But I don't really know.

Okay so like... 16 months back... I think it came out on the PS4 around 2016, I hadn't heard anything about only certain Switches being able to run it so I don't think you'd have an issue. But I don't really know.

I'm not worried about being able to run it. Just that the download size is equal to the internal built in memory of a switch.

I'm not worried about being able to run it. Just that the download size is equal to the internal built in memory of a switch.
The "Switch tax" (ports priced considerably higher than currently are or ever were on other consoles) and the near immediate need for an SD card if you don't go all cartridges are the two main drawbacks to the Switch, imo.

Luckily, memory is pretty cheap now and sales on sd cards can be found pretty frequently, just make sure it is compatible. I don't remember which ones aren't.

Last edited:
If youre still rocking the internal storage only and need an storage card, consider this one. Might be able to get it on sale close to $30 from time to time, but definitely a good option for storing multiple titles.

Amazon product ASIN B08GYG5SVQ

yea, investing in a good SD card for the switch is a good call. i think i have the 400 gb one and i’ve used like a fifth of it on digital-only titles like the naruto storm trilogy (20 gb), bayonetta (8gb), and a bunch of indie games. definitely like not having to worry about storage space

Finished Final Fantasy VIII today. Teenage me would be so happy. I mentioned it before, but I had the game as a kid, but my disc 2 got scratched right before fighting Cerberus and Seifer/Edea, so I never finished it. Now that I have, I'm glad I did. I certainly see all the problems the game has, but at the same time it had plenty of interesting things going on that kept my attention. Gameplay wise, I hate the junction system. I feel like it does explain it all fine, but finessing it is a whole other beast. I also didn't see anywhere that it tells you there is a maximum number of different magics you can stock, and how to remove them. I had to look that up in order to start gathering the best to max out my characters. I appreciate how detailed the system is, but I just simply did not want to manage with the micro management of it, so I turned on baby mode for a good chunk of the game just so I could see all of the story. I did enjoy what was there. My biggest complaint there was the same I had with FFXV, in that pieces of the story simply seem to be missing. Not sure if there's extended lore for this game, if there is I'd love to see it.

Best part of the whole game: Triple Triad (the card game) and the cutscenes. I have a soft spot in my heart for those PS1 era cutscenes, and the final ones did not disappoint.

Think I'm going to play a few shorter games in between BoI runs, then play FFVII. This may come as a shocker, but this is one of the few I never played myself. I've watched friends and people on Youtube play it, but I've never experienced it myself. When it came out, everyone was talking about it, so being a "rebellious" teenager, I decided not to conform to what everyone else was doing. I also want to play the remake, and I feel it would be an injustice to not play the original first.

Finished Final Fantasy VIII today. Teenage me would be so happy. I mentioned it before, but I had the game as a kid, but my disc 2 got scratched right before fighting Cerberus and Seifer/Edea, so I never finished it. Now that I have, I'm glad I did. I certainly see all the problems the game has, but at the same time it had plenty of interesting things going on that kept my attention. Gameplay wise, I hate the junction system. I feel like it does explain it all fine, but finessing it is a whole other beast. I also didn't see anywhere that it tells you there is a maximum number of different magics you can stock, and how to remove them. I had to look that up in order to start gathering the best to max out my characters. I appreciate how detailed the system is, but I just simply did not want to manage with the micro management of it, so I turned on baby mode for a good chunk of the game just so I could see all of the story. I did enjoy what was there. My biggest complaint there was the same I had with FFXV, in that pieces of the story simply seem to be missing. Not sure if there's extended lore for this game, if there is I'd love to see it.

Best part of the whole game: Triple Triad (the card game) and the cutscenes. I have a soft spot in my heart for those PS1 era cutscenes, and the final ones did not disappoint.

Think I'm going to play a few shorter games in between BoI runs, then play FFVII. This may come as a shocker, but this is one of the few I never played myself. I've watched friends and people on Youtube play it, but I've never experienced it myself. When it came out, everyone was talking about it, so being a "rebellious" teenager, I decided not to conform to what everyone else was doing. I also want to play the remake, and I feel it would be an injustice to not play the original first.

Nice work! I haven’t played VIII yet but it’s on my queue. Hopefully I’ll get to it after another 100 or so hours of Witcher 3 (unlike others, I am unable to have more than one game going at a time).

Have you played FF IX? Proverbial gun to my head (and not counting FF Tactics), it’s probably my favorite FF game. I downloaded the Switch port but figured I should play VIII first.

I got a $50 Amazon gift card today from work, so I preordered the new Pokemon Snap for the Switch.

Not sure if this will be as entertaining as Sword & Shield, but I'll check it out.

Really looking forwards to Brilliant Diamond later this year and Ledgeds of Arceus

I got a $50 Amazon gift card today from work, so I preordered the new Pokemon Snap for the Switch.

Not sure if this will be as entertaining as Sword & Shield, but I'll check it out.

Really looking forwards to Brilliant Diamond later this year and Ledgeds of Arceus

I'll probably pick this up when I have a bit more expendable income. If anythnig it'll be pretty zen.

Grabbed the new Monster Hunter, and it's decent. As someone who's played a good amount of MH before, it feels extremely easy in some areas, but also kinda confusing in others, but for the most part it's a good time.

I absolutely love this game 🎮❤ #AssassinsCreed #Valhalla #XboxSeriesX
View attachment 94679
How does this game compare to AC: Odyssey? I absolutely loved that game and am thinking about going back and playing Origins first before this new one. I don't have a Series X, just the regular Xbox One X, but it's probably still a decent game on the older console.

Nice work! I haven’t played VIII yet but it’s on my queue. Hopefully I’ll get to it after another 100 or so hours of Witcher 3 (unlike others, I am unable to have more than one game going at a time).

Have you played FF IX? Proverbial gun to my head (and not counting FF Tactics), it’s probably my favorite FF game. I downloaded the Switch port but figured I should play VIII first.
I love FF IX, my second favorite in the series after III/VI. Admittedly, I haven't played it since I was a teenager, I'll be playing it again after I play through VII.

I also love Tactics and Tactics Advanced. I should go back and replay those at some point.

damn. I have nearly 50 hours in Monster Hunter Rise already.

@Bull Shannon have you been playing MHR?
I have been, just little bites here and there; I think the gameplay is pretty good for letting you dip in for a little bit at a time. I've tried a little multiplayer and it's relatively pain-free to just dip in, whale on some monsters, and dip out.

I'm still figuring out what weapon I like; I tried the sword they start you with and upgraded it a bit, tried the insect glaive, and now I'm giving the hunter's horn a go. Unfortunately, I've been upgrading the other two weapons to an extent that I can't feed resources into that one.

Right now the tricky part has been farming or gathering resources to upgrade weapons; the game really pushes you to keep forging ahead with village quests, so it keeps feeling more like I'm getting a few parts from a bunch of different monsters, rather than hoarding a bunch from a few types.

FYI Disco Elysium is pretty buggy on PS so I would hold off a bit if you wanted to play it on a console. It's still great so far but I've encountered some major bugs making main quests impossible to finish and there are reports of people not even being able to finish the game.
PS the last few patches seemed to fix it up so y'all should be good to go.

How does this game compare to AC: Odyssey? I absolutely loved that game and am thinking about going back and playing Origins first before this new one. I don't have a Series X, just the regular Xbox One X, but it's probably still a decent game on the older console.
I haven't played Odyssey so I can't say but based on reviews I've read online, I'd say this is one of the best AC games in the franchise. The stunning visuals alone are worth the price of admission.👌

I'll add that I heard the game is shorter in length at about 60-90 hours for the main quest. And the combat is apparently not as varied or stylized although very engaging due to the gritty realism.

I have been, just little bites here and there; I think the gameplay is pretty good for letting you dip in for a little bit at a time. I've tried a little multiplayer and it's relatively pain-free to just dip in, whale on some monsters, and dip out.

I'm still figuring out what weapon I like; I tried the sword they start you with and upgraded it a bit, tried the insect glaive, and now I'm giving the hunter's horn a go. Unfortunately, I've been upgrading the other two weapons to an extent that I can't feed resources into that one.

Right now the tricky part has been farming or gathering resources to upgrade weapons; the game really pushes you to keep forging ahead with village quests, so it keeps feeling more like I'm getting a few parts from a bunch of different monsters, rather than hoarding a bunch from a few types.
yeah, the game seems easier than past MH games I've played and definitely seems to push you forward quickly. that said you can always re-do quests over and over again to farm what you need and even specify which monster you want to hunt when playing online to speed up the farming process.

I always main the Great Sword but have dabbled here and there with other weapon types in previous MHs, so far in Rise it's been all GS. right now my palamute, palico and I are all head-to-toe Magnamalo gear. if nothing else it looks pretty cool.

yeah, the game seems easier than past MH games I've played and definitely seems to push you forward quickly. that said you can always re-do quests over and over again to farm what you need and even specify which monster you want to hunt when playing online to speed up the farming process.

I always main the Great Sword but have dabbled here and there with other weapon types in previous MHs, so far in Rise it's been all GS. right now my palamute, palico and I are all head-to-toe Magnamalo gear. if nothing else it looks pretty cool.
Weird question, but is the armor mostly aesthetic? Obviously some are better than others, and maybe I just haven't unlocked the obviously better ones, but right now the difference in quality doesn't seem that drastic to me.

Weird question, but is the armor mostly aesthetic? Obviously some are better than others, and maybe I just haven't unlocked the obviously better ones, but right now the difference in quality doesn't seem that drastic to me.
I guess the simple answer is no. different armor from different monsters have different boosts, like hunting a fire monster and creating armor out of that should yield armor that is stronger against fire attacks than an armor made from an ice monster, and visa-versa (it works this way for the various elemental damages: ice, fire, electricity, etc).

additionally wearing a complete set, meaning all armor pieces from one monster rather than mixing and matching, will provide you with some sort of perk, like my Magnamalo set allows me to drop a bomb and sometimes topple a monster when enraged. BUT sometimes you can get better buffs by mixing and matching different armor pieces, so putting together an armor set isn't always the best decision but ultimately you want something strong that compliments your play style and have some additional sets to protect you from various elementals when needed.

then when you get to the High Rank monsters you can make the high rank armor which allows you to put decorations in the slots in your armor which can provide additional various buffs depending on what you have/want. I haven't reached this point in Rise yet.

it's all pretty deep and requires some looking up on the internet for help when things get complicated but once you start understanding it then it's not too bad...but not everyone has that level of patience.

Back