Everything Video Games!

Nintendo's gotten into the swing of announcing games only a few months before they release. There will be plenty of stuff announced for the 2nd half, but not until early summer.
I hope so, but I worry that the pandemic has effected the development of AAA titles like BotW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Bayonetta 3, Mario Kart 9, etc, etc more than they're letting on.

I hope so, but I worry that the pandemic has effected the development of AAA titles like BotW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Bayonetta 3, Mario Kart 9, etc, etc more than they're letting on.
Not to mention that there's a bit more of a work-life balance in Japanese game dev than in western studios (cultural thing), so I'd assume there's more flexibility than normal especially under WFH & lockdown conditions.

Not to mention that there's a bit more of a work-life balance in Japanese game dev than in western studios (cultural thing), so I'd assume there's more flexibility than normal especially under WFH & lockdown conditions.
Is that necessarily true? Japan certainly has a stereotype for workaholics and/or very long workdays in the industries I'm familiar with. It may be more self imposed as a product of the culture as opposed to company driven. I'm not sure.

Japanese work culture is notoriously horrible.

Is that necessarily true? Japan certainly has a stereotype for workaholics and/or very long workdays in the industries I'm familiar with. It may be more self imposed as a product of the culture as opposed to company driven. I'm not sure.
Huh. I could've sworn I read something that said it was relatively better, or at least somewhat more respectful, a few years back. But I could be completely wrong.

I mean, I knew Sakurai (Smash director) notoriously overworks, but I don't know how much that extends to other Nintendo devs. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Nintendo's gotten into the swing of announcing games only a few months before they release. There will be plenty of stuff announced for the 2nd half, but not until early summer.
This is exactly why I wasn't shocked when they said they had no BotW2 news yet. My money's on it being a holiday release and they're waiting until Q2 to announce.

This is exactly why I wasn't shocked when they said they had no BotW2 news yet. My money's on it being a holiday release and they're waiting until Q2 to announce.
I would bet that it was originally going to come out this holiday, but it has been delayed to at least next fall. Would love to be wrong though.

There is still some rumbling its coming to switch this year.

I felt like Pikmin was going to be the Nintendo game left on the Wii U. I think WW HD is not if but when.

funky kong as the main addition , with docked performance / polish wasn’t worth the full price port.

Zelda can get full price , but I’d be interested to see what if any changes additions for the inevitable WW HD on switch. I’m sure they will fix the saving glitch which caused me to give up on my save file on the U...

Last edited:
What’s wild to think about is that even though cell shaded , botw was designed for the U. BOTW2 should look much better / run better ... hopefully. Look at what capcom did with the monster hunter desinged for the switch in this direct. No monster hunter fan but I think the existing one was a port so it kinda looks like trash. Just trying to add more coal to the hype train

Luigi’s Mansion 3 is a decent game, it’s fun to an extent. However it’s pretty clunky with a fixed camera not being able to tell depth of rooms and where to face the vacuum, etc. Some of the puzzles are completely unintuitive. I don’t expect to be hand held through the game but some little clues would be helpful. I hate having to pick up my phone to figure something out, especially when it’s something really minute.

Last edited:
Finally got 32 heat! Choked right before the end and almost lost it, as you can see!

View attachment 89110
Heat 32? Hot damn. You ARE the god of blood. I haven't gotten past a Heat 11. TBH, I haven't played Hades in a few weeks. Been playing The Messenger from Devolver from a couple of years ago (pretty fun for an old-style platformer).

I beat Hades once on my last DD w/ literally (literally) one HP left. It was the most satisfying feeling of my life (literally).

Heat 32? Hot damn. You ARE the god of blood. I haven't gotten past a Heat 11. TBH, I haven't played Hades in a few weeks. Been playing The Messenger from Devolver from a couple of years ago (pretty fun for an old-style platformer).

I beat Hades once on my last DD w/ literally (literally) one HP left. It was the most satisfying feeling of my life (literally).
I've only done a lot of heat with the bow with aspect of Chiron. I didn't find it too hard to work my way up to 20 heat, but then I skipped from there to 32 and it was a huge difference. Much more painful punishment pacts and more RNG. Rupture + Hangover worked great on that run though.

I actually only made it to Hades 3 times or so in a ton of runs. Two times I was doing awesome and ran out of time in Styx because the sack wasn't in the first 3 doors, which was brutal.

So... I've been playing The Witcher 3 on the Switch for a good 40-50 hours now. I finally reached Skellige, and the main theme music made me officially fall in love with this game. That's all.
Pro tip. You can sail around the islands of Skellige if you want, but I took about 10 hours to travel to every single question mark on the map and there was little to nothing of value by doing that. My only complaint about the game is that there should have been some cooler things on all of the tiny islands.

Pro tip. You can sail around the islands of Skellige if you want, but I took about 10 hours to travel to every single question mark on the map and there was little to nothing of value by doing that. My only complaint about the game is that there should have been some cooler things on all of the tiny islands.

Thanks. I’m not sure I’ll try to uncover all the question marks on this first playthrough. I’m already planning a second playthrough (possibly on Death March difficulty, unless that proves too frustrating) where I’ll focus more on Alchemy and gwent, which I have largely ignored until now.

Back