Everything Video Games!

I would NOT recommend the Switch lite. The joysticks on the switch have a tendency to start drifting as they're used a lot and wear down. You can replace or repair a joycon, but with the handheld version you are shit out of luck.
Good advice thank you!

Don't recommend switch lite. Do recommend a full switch though (with the improved battery). Awesome little system. I got my daughter one last Xmas. Expecting to be uninspired (due to having an xbox one and ps4) i was pleasantly surprised how much I fell in love with it. Amazing piece of kit and the exclusive games are must plays

Also in response to ppl who don't buy console on launch I do agree with the pros and cons of your argument but I tend to always buy on launch personally. I've had my ps4 7 years now and at 399 euro it only cost me 57 euro per year and its barely been turned off, its used for everything by everyone at home so the ps5 will be with me on our release date the 19th. I always put the last gen console somewhere else in use in the house. My daughter is getting my ps4 next week

Yeah, too bad there aren't more Nintendo sales. Some of their first party games have been on a sale recently for the first time I've seen significantly though.
I saw that the holiday Nintendo is going to have the new Switch (improved battery version) for $300 which comes with a free Mario Kart 8 Deluxe digital download and 3 months of Nintendo online. it may not be the world's most incredible sale but you get MK8 for free which is pretty cool.

Does anyone have a handheld Nintendo Switch?

I’ve been a little uninspired by games on GamePass and upcoming games for Xbox Series X, that I may hold off longer before getting the new console.

I’m now looking towards a Switch because I do like a lot of games on there and that may be a worthy investment.

The full system price is going for $300~ which still seems steep. The handheld god for $200~ which is much easier to stomach.

Does the handheld feel like it’s limiting compared to having it on a larger screen?
And just like that I bought a used one on eBay for $290 + pro controller and Crash Team Racing, joy con controller, Two cases, and an extra 64GB memory card. Also got LoZ: Breath of the Wild, Smash Bros and Mario Kart 8 for $15 lower than retail for each of those games.

💸🔜🔥

it really is crazy how the price on some Nintendo games never deprecates. I could sell my original GameCube Melee disc for good money nowadays.

And just like that I bought a used one on eBay for $290 + pro controller and Crash Team Racing, joy con controller, Two cases, and an extra 64GB memory card. Also got LoZ: Breath of the Wild, Smash Bros and Mario Kart 8 for $15 lower than retail for each of those games.

💸🔜🔥

it really is crazy how the price on some Nintendo games never deprecates. I could sell my original GameCube Melee disc for good money nowadays.
Cdkeys .com among others is good to buy nintendo store credit or games cheaper (digital version). I actually buy nintendo store dollars from them and buy games in the Nintendo america store with my fake American account to save a bunch of money lol

Google is giving US YouTube Premium subscribers free Stadia Premium packages. Sounds like there is some upgraded hardware on the way (which this does not include), but it does include one month free of the streaming subscription.

FYI, if you were subbed to Google Play Music, there's a good chance you already have YouTube Premium. Promo doesn't apply for new subs.

Google is giving US YouTube Premium subscribers free Stadia Premium packages. Sounds like there is some upgraded hardware on the way (which this does not include), but it does include one month free of the streaming subscription.

FYI, if you were subbed to Google Play Music, there's a good chance you already have YouTube Premium. Promo doesn't apply for new subs.

I am a YouTube premium/music subscriber and signed up for this yesterday, even though I may never use it. I was supposed to get an email about an hour after creating my Stadia Pro account to claim the Premiere edition but I haven't received that yet.

Neat, I already have an Ultra and two Stadia controllers (Founder) but I'll take free stuff. Thanks for the heads up.

I am a YouTube premium/music subscriber and signed up for this yesterday, even though I may never use it. I was supposed to get an email about an hour after creating my Stadia Pro account to claim the Premiere edition but I haven't received that yet.

Hmm, my Redeem email came within 30 minutes of the confirmation email from Google Payments (for my one-month trial of a whopping $0.00).

Neat, I already have an Ultra and two Stadia controllers (Founder) but I'll take free stuff. Thanks for the heads up.

There was some question along the way of whether I already had the Founder edition, which I don't, so I don't know if the deal will be exclusionary toward you or not.

Hmm, my Redeem email came within 30 minutes of the confirmation email from Google Payments (for my one-month trial of a whopping $0.00).

There was some question along the way of whether I already had the Founder edition, which I don't, so I don't know if the deal will be exclusionary toward you or not.
Word, doesn't hurt to try for free stuff. They're just trying to unload this stuff anyway, it's not like anyone is buying it on purpose.

Update: It didn't ask me anything. I clicked the buttons and they're sending me free stuff.

Last edited:
thanks for letting me know you got the email. I checked Reddit a few minutes ago and others did too. waiting on a call back from Google/Stadia support to resolve this.

thanks for letting me know you got the email. I checked Reddit a few minutes ago and others did too. waiting on a call back from Google/Stadia support to resolve this.
I'm slightly more hopeful this will work out better than that Steam controller Black Friday deal Valve ran last year where they summarily cancelled the majority of orders almost immediately. What a crock.

I'm slightly more hopeful this will work out better than that Steam controller Black Friday deal Valve ran last year where they summarily cancelled the majority of orders almost immediately. What a crock.
I mean I can't be too upset if it doesn't work out for me because I didn't really want it on the first place..ha ha.

but I'm assuming that this will get resolved in the end (still waiting for the call back, they must be busy right now with the promotion). if so this would be the second free Google product that I was able to claim by being a YouTube subscriber this year (the other being a Nest Mini)... not too shabby

Bittersweet day over here at The Dark Souls Updates, as this will be the final one. My main New Years Resolution was officially completed last night. I beat Dark Souls! I was struggling with Gwyn a little bit, so I took a closer look at my setup. I was using the Grass Crest Shield for dat stamina buff, but found it not the greatest at physical or fire damage blocking. I started looking through my shields and came to a realization: I'm playing a cleric, but I was failing to praise the gosh dang sun! I say the Sunlight Shield, which had better physical and fire resistance, as well as higher stability, while losing the stamina buff. I decided to embrace the shield, having enough resources to get it to +11. I also upgraded my armor a bit, and went back for revenge. My first rematch was a complete request, Gwyn decided to be very kick happy. I took my time and slowly whittled down his health. One final failed attempt to turn my guts to mash with his foot, and I finished him off. I took one final moment to praise the sun, and lit the final bonfire. Roll credits. When I awoke, I was back at the beginning, but with all my stuff (New Game +). I let out a laugh and sprinted for the Asylum Demon, and proceeded to thoroughly hand it their ass. Didn't even both blocking, just went full in with a flurry of attacks. I made my way to firelink, and decided to take a long rest. I may return to this place one day, but for now, other games beckon my time.

Also, I started Spritfarer earlier this week, and I've fallen for it HARD.

My partner set aside Spiritfarer atm only for HADES. They've been playing it for weeks.

I finished SOMA the other night.

Also, the new Fall Guys updates have me constantly screaming, "Fall gods, why!" and then laughing my ass off as I'm sent flying off the map.

after several calls, hours waiting for chat support, etc.. I'm still waiting for my Stadia Premiere Edition email. I've basically been told to wait and keep checking my emails.

My partner set aside Spiritfarer atm only for HADES. They've been playing it for weeks.

I finished SOMA the other night.

Also, the new Fall Guys updates have me constantly screaming, "Fall gods, why!" and then laughing my ass off as I'm sent flying off the map.
I'm going to start playing Hades myself soon, just trying to decide what I want to buy it for. Is your partner playing on Switch? If so, any issues?

Also, SOMA was rad. What did you think?

Bittersweet day over here at The Dark Souls Updates, as this will be the final one. My main New Years Resolution was officially completed last night. I beat Dark Souls! I was struggling with Gwyn a little bit, so I took a closer look at my setup. I was using the Grass Crest Shield for dat stamina buff, but found it not the greatest at physical or fire damage blocking. I started looking through my shields and came to a realization: I'm playing a cleric, but I was failing to praise the gosh dang sun! I say the Sunlight Shield, which had better physical and fire resistance, as well as higher stability, while losing the stamina buff. I decided to embrace the shield, having enough resources to get it to +11. I also upgraded my armor a bit, and went back for revenge. My first rematch was a complete request, Gwyn decided to be very kick happy. I took my time and slowly whittled down his health. One final failed attempt to turn my guts to mash with his foot, and I finished him off. I took one final moment to praise the sun, and lit the final bonfire. Roll credits. When I awoke, I was back at the beginning, but with all my stuff (New Game +). I let out a laugh and sprinted for the Asylum Demon, and proceeded to thoroughly hand it their ass. Didn't even both blocking, just went full in with a flurry of attacks. I made my way to firelink, and decided to take a long rest. I may return to this place one day, but for now, other games beckon my time.

Congrats! It's been fun watching your progress (and as you lap my Remastered run, which I've temporarily abandoned for Hades). I'm curious to see what you make of the other Soulsbourne games; DS1 is the hardest IMO (though I hear Demons Souls is ever more gnarly; alas, I won't know for a couple of years until I advance to the newest gen), so you might have more fun, especially as you'll be tuned into the vibe. I've beat DS3 the most times, but most people consider Bloodbourne to be the masterpiece.

Back