Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

With the birch though I don't mind the gloss.
Yeah same here. I've seen speakers in this style before but I just think the light sycamore wood looks really cool on them. Helps that this style of wood finish is kinda coming back into style right now too. No idea about the speakers or brand at all, except for the fact that "Leanore" is a pretty funny name for a speaker.

Yeah same here. I've seen speakers in this style before but I just think the light sycamore wood looks really cool on them. Helps that this style of wood finish is kinda funny back into style right now too. No idea about the speakers or brand at all, except for the fact that "Leanore" is a pretty funny name for a speaker.
Thanks for asking. They are $16,000 USD pair...

I’m a simple man. I like La Scalas.

423 klipsch4 600 0

Whaddup nerds, got a receiver/amplifier question here.

A few years ago I bought a Onkyo 9050 after getting advice from the old place. It works and sounds great.

HOWEVER, I use the same system for both playing records and watching movies and TV. Increasingly audio mixes are all 5.1, which doesn't work great with a stereo system. Specifically the lack of a center channel make a lot of dialog really hard to hear.

Is there a receiver that that would be good for both? Basically one where I could play in stereo for playing records, but also act as a receiver for everything else.

Thnx bros.

A few years ago I bought a Onkyo 9050 after getting advice from the old place. It works and sounds great.

HOWEVER, I use the same system for both playing records and watching movies and TV. Increasingly audio mixes are all 5.1, which doesn't work great with a stereo system. Specifically the lack of a center channel make a lot of dialog really hard to hear.

Is there a receiver that that would be good for both? Basically one where I could play in stereo for playing records, but also act as a receiver for everything else.

Thnx bros.
Plenty of decent-sounding 5.1 amplifiers that would do the job. What sort of money are you looking to spend?

Thnx bros.
Pretty much any AVR from the past two decades would work for 5.1 and music. Yamaha make nice reasonably priced AVRs that will do music and 5.1 nicely. Of course you'll need to buy a centre speaker at the very least in order to take advantage of that. Obviously depends what you want to spend, and whether you have a phono stage or need an AVR that has an internal.

Plenty of decent-sounding 5.1 amplifiers that would do the job. What sort of money are you looking to spend?
I dunno, Less than $500? I care how things sound but I’m never going to be an audiophile and value simplicity.

Pretty much any AVR from the past two decades would work for 5.1 and music. Yamaha make nice reasonably priced AVRs that will do music and 5.1 nicely. Of course you'll need to buy a centre speaker at the very least in order to take advantage of that. Obviously depends what you want to spend, and whether you have a phono stage or need an AVR that has an internal.

Yeah I have Elac debut speakers, would get a central that goes with that.

Currently have no pre amp.

Back