Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

In lower light with the tubes on top lit up you could genuinely imagine a 6 year old thinking it would eat them.
3d6926093dfcca2f42e06d06954a3767a84d40f0.gif

I dunno, Less than $500? I care how things sound but I’m never going to be an audiophile and value simplicity.

Yeah I have Elac debut speakers, would get a central that goes with that.

Currently have no pre amp.
Yeah personally I'd look for a Yamaha AVR with a phono stage.

Just buy that and a Schiit Mani 2 and call it a day.

I just thought of something. If I'm running 5.1 with HT bypass through a second 2 channel amp, which amp is powering the left and right? Is it still my Arcam AVR? I'm just slightly concerned that I won't actually be able to run both amps at the same time without popping a breaker. As it is when I power up my current amp my lights dim. With a 500 watt second amp.... I'm not even sure what'll happen.

I just thought of something. If I'm running 5.1 with HT bypass through a second 2 channel amp, which amp is powering the left and right? Is it still my Arcam AVR? I'm just slightly concerned that I won't actually be able to run both amps at the same time without popping a breaker. As it is when I power up my current amp my lights dim. With a 500 watt second amp.... I'm not even sure what'll happen.

No the arcam is acting as a preamp for the jbls. It’s setting the volume and sending the infornation to the relevant channels. It’s acting as the pre and the power amp for the remaining HT channels. The new amp will be acting as the power amp for the jbls in every instance.

Back