Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

I mean... maybe?

What I really need to do it turn the backyard garage into a dedicated listening room, but then I'd also have to build a tunnel under the house to get to it so I don't have to go outside in the winter. And also winterize it. And maybe side step the permit office because there's absolutely zero chance the previous owner got permission to build it so I'm pretty sure I'm not getting permission to build a tunnel to it.
Do they not do the like five year tax inspections of your property for tax purposes up there?

I eagerly await our next one since I built a shed without a permit, but I built it on an existing foundation in the back yard so it will be interesting to see what they try to say about it.

Do they not do the like five year tax inspections of your property for tax purposes up there?

I eagerly await our next one since I built a shed without a permit, but I built it on an existing foundation in the back yard so it will be interesting to see what they try to say about it.

Inspections? Lol!

We self assess…

Honestly I'm pretty sure tax assessments are all done virtually using property size etc, I've never had anyone come to my home for anything like that, they may drive by or use satellite imagery.

Newman. I live in Canada. Do you really want to put on winter boots and jackets to trudge through snow in order to listen to records?
I figured snow was shorts weather up there.

You are also making a poor assumption here.

IF THERE IS A SEPARATE BUILDING FOR THE HIFI…. THERE IS VERY LITTLE CHANCE I AM LEAVING IT.

So what you’re saying is @Mather needs a new house.
<snip>
Not really. Just optimize speaker location in your room and go from there. Inches can make a big difference in what we hear at our listening chair. Highly recommended reading is Jim Smith’s “Getting Better Sound”. Written for people like me that grew up with books like “Bicycle Repair For Dummies”, both of which make easy sense but are pretty deep technically. Money well spent for increasing our pleasure.
IMG_3080.jpeg

Back