Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

Which color grilles are you getting? 😎
Oh god.... I mean... I love the orange but the blue would just SING in my main space. The wood grain perfectly matches my console and the pop of color on the blue would be incredible.

I've already pre-dug a Mather sized hole in the backyard to save my wife the trouble.

Last edited:
Oh god.... I mean... I love the orange but the blue would just SING in my main space. The wood grain perfectly matches my console and the pop of color on the blue would be incredible.

I've already pre dug a Mather sized hole in the backyard to save my wife the trouble.
At least the murder dungeon is going to get used again...

I've already pre dug a Mather sized hole in the backyard to save my wife the trouble.

Oh as well ortfon have released a new black too to celebrate something to do with Beethoven and 250 years since something. It has a nude shiabata instead of a bonded one and a little picture of Ludwig on the side. if you’re going to get murdered you might as well go out in style...

Oh as well ortfon have released a new black too to celebrate something to do with Beethoven and 250 years since something. It has a nude shiabata instead of a bonded one and a little picture of Ludwig on the side. if you’re going to get murdered you might as well go out in style...
Oh good.

This is good, that I know this.
That you told me this exists.

Good, very goouud verrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAA

Last edited:
So get this... I hold a few old stocks in a company I used to work for. In the past week they went up by 500% in value. Guess how much money that is...

THE EXACT PRICE OF THESE AFTER DISCOUNTView attachment 84606

Sweating again. A lot this time...
No way that's a coincidence. The universe is telling you to DO IT!

I think the vinyl gods are conspiring to upgrade my set up; received my W-2 yesterday so my tax return has been filed.

So as far as passive speakers and amp, I was thinking of ELAC Debut 2.0 B6.2 and the Marantz PM6006? Budget is 1,000 USD (1,500 max)
I prefer bookshelf speakers for now due to limited space. What do you guys think?

Current set up is as follows:
U-Turn Orbit
Musical Fidelity LX-LPS
Audioengine A5+ powered speakers.

I do plan on upgrading the table itself down the line (2ish+ years) -- I was looking at the MoFi Ultradeck based on reviews and the high praise from other members. Plus, I like the aesthetic so it's a win-win in my book and I am looking at this as my (hopefully) final upgrade for the turntable. That being said, I probably won't be able to do any other upgrades for a while after I buy the table so would the set up above be fine for a while? I realize that it probably won't even come close to bringing out the full potential the Ultradeck, but as long as I don't hear what it's capable of then I would probably be content with not doing any upgrades right after buying the turntable.

I think the vinyl gods are conspiring to upgrade my set up; received my W-2 yesterday so my tax return has been filed.

So as far as passive speakers and amp, I was thinking of ELAC Debut 2.0 B6.2 and the Marantz PM6006? Budget is 1,000 USD (1,500 max)
I prefer bookshelf speakers for now due to limited space. What do you guys think?

U-Turn Orbit
Musical Fidelity LX-LPS

I do plan on upgrading the table itself down the line (2ish+ years) -- I was looking at the MoFi Ultradeck based on reviews and the high praise from other members. Plus, I like the aesthetic so it's a win-win in my book and I am looking at this as my (hopefully) final upgrade for the turntable. That being said, I probably won't be able to do any other upgrades for a while after I buy the table so would the set up above be fine for a while? I realize that it probably won't even come close to bringing out the full potential the Ultradeck, but as long as I don't hear what it's capable of then I would probably be content with not doing any upgrades right after buying the turntable.
I was going to recommend the Wharfedale Denton 80 bookshelf speakers, which I have and love, but they are "no longer available" at musicdirect. :(

I was going to recommend the Wharfedale Denton 80 bookshelf speakers, which i have and love, but they are "no longer available" at musicdirect. :(

Im guessing all the great deals have been clearing remaining stock with the 85s being the current model rather than keeping both lines going.

U-Turn Orbit
Musical Fidelity LX-LPS

At the top of your budget but

Music Direct is very reliable but I haven't had any experiences with refurbished products -- I shouldn't have anything to worry about, right?

(I have a factory refurbished Marantz PM6006 sitting in my cart right now :ROFLMAO: )

@thisunfolds You could also go with the NAD 316BEE. I’d go here over the Marantz.

U-Turn Orbit
Musical Fidelity LX-LPS

There are these bookshelf speakers on The Music Room for under $800. Pre-owned is a great way to stretch your dollar.

Back