Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

This sounds viable.

FRIENDS, CABLES MAKE NO DIFFERENCE

UNLESS IT IS A CAPACITANCE THINGY...
I'M UNCLEAR ON THE DETAILS BUT ANGSTY HAS IT COVERED

I'm selling everything and becoming a monk.
On the plus side, those BIS cables look to be substantial and gorgeous. Made in Canada, so you get additional street cred for that!

On the plus side, those BIS cables look to be substantial and gorgeous. Made in Canada, so you get additional street cred for that!
But seriously they are hilariously unmaleable. Like you could bend them into a square and they wouldn't move. I don't know what this means but they weigh a tonne.

Last edited:
Those are really cool and small. Will be interesting to see how it performs.
Very tempted to try the Kickstarter….i think the regular bundle of 2 plus power supply is going to be $260 or less and then 30% off super early backers. ASR seems to love them (I know I know…take with a grain of salt).

Very tempted to try the Kickstarter….i think the regular bundle of 2 plus power supply is going to be $260 or less and then 30% off super early backers. ASR seems to love them (I know I know…take with a grain of salt).
The campaign starts on April 20th and it will be the best deal offered.
Especially if you are an early adopter as you noted.
These are the best use of the V3 platform in my opinion.
Won’t hit the spec power but even 400 RMS would be a kick in the arse
I have done the last five Fosi Kickstarter campaigns.
I am especially waiting for the Fosi Hypex amps and a move away from chip amps.
That will shake things up a bit
Fosi is asking us to vote on a case right now for the Hypex amp as they value input from the people.
I believe it will be the 250 watt module so 2 X 250
Buckeye is at $575 for that so if Fosi can do if right for $350 ish that would shake up the market.

Ordered one of these - as I like VU meters, and I've been thinking about eventually hooking my Marantz 2245 back up to use as a phono pre-amp only - i really miss the sound - but I also like having this current Marantz to play computer audio through the toslink.

Something like this seems like a nice way to have 2 amps connected to the same speakers.

Ordered one of these - as I like VU meters, and I've been thinking about eventually hooking my Marantz 2245 back up to use as a phono pre-amp only - i really miss the sound - but I also like having this current Marantz to play computer audio through the toslink.

Something like this seems like a nice way to have 2 amps connected to the same speakers.

I got one through the Kickstarter Campaign with black meters
I use mine as a switch and A/B amp and speaker comparator
It works as intended

I got one through the Kickstarter Campaign with black meters
I use mine as a switch and A/B amp and speaker comparator
It works as intended
I’m eyeballing one of these if my One Little Bear amp switch ever craps out.

Back