Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

Still trying to get my c375BEE back, but starting to settle on what it’s replacement will be.

The two integrated amps that stuck out to me are the NAD C316BEE V2 and Denon PMA-600NE.
I like how the NAD is more simplified and a little cheaper, though I kind of have some NAD ptsd from my last experience, even though I realize it wasn’t the products fault. The Denon gets good reviews, but has all sorts of home theater features I don’t need and don’t want the digital components of it affects the signal chain.

Really split between the two. Any thoughts are appreciated
I have the NAD and its been wonderful. I run my Ultradeck through it to a pair of Lintons and its been a trusty and reliable friend. Will certainly upgrade at some point, but I'm in no rush.

Still trying to get my c375BEE back, but starting to settle on what it’s replacement will be.

The two integrated amps that stuck out to me are the NAD C316BEE V2 and Denon PMA-600NE.
I like how the NAD is more simplified and a little cheaper, though I kind of have some NAD ptsd from my last experience, even though I realize it wasn’t the products fault. The Denon gets good reviews, but has all sorts of home theater features I don’t need and don’t want the digital components of it affects the signal chain.

I totally get the NAD ptsd. It’s totally fair after that type of experience to feel that way and not want to go back there, regardless of how good something is rated here and elsewhere. That’s a personal decision and I don’t think it’s an unfair one.

I’d caution against a home av at the same price as an equivalent two channel amp at the same price but looking at that denon you’ve listed it isn’t a home theatre amp, it’s an integrated stereo amp so it doesn’t have any home theatre stuff added on. It does have a DAC for digital components (cd transport or streamer for example) but you don’t need to use that if you don't want to.

The Denon seems to review well so I don’t think you’d go wrong with either.

I like how the NAD is more simplified and a little cheaper, though I kind of have some NAD ptsd from my last experience, even though I realize it wasn’t the products fault. The Denon gets good reviews, but has all sorts of home theater features I don’t need and don’t want the digital components if it effects the signal chain.

i like my NAD316BEE V2. have it hooked up to my Wharfedale Denton bookshelf speakers + phono stage + DAC + SACD player. the main complaint for me is that it doesn't have a replaceable power cable. I have issues in my home with some noise likely coming through the power. It's not due to the NAD as my other amp has the same issue. but my options with how to deal with it get limited by the fact that i can't change the power cable.

I like how the NAD is more simplified and a little cheaper, though I kind of have some NAD ptsd from my last experience, even though I realize it wasn’t the products fault. The Denon gets good reviews, but has all sorts of home theater features I don’t need and don’t want the digital components if it effects the signal chain.

Big vote for a Denon for me. Nice natural and neutral sounding amps. Very well made.
I've bought a few from here and zero problems.

I would recommend getting an amp with the MC phono. You will be glad to have that feature IMO.

Big vote for a Denon for me. Nice natural and neutral sounding amps. Very well made.
I've bought a few from here and zero problems.

I would recommend getting an amp with the MC phono. You will be glad to have that feature IMO.

Mind shedding some light on what Mc phono is, and what the diffrence is between the model you linked and the one I'm looking at?

Thanks

Mind shedding some light on what Mc phono is, and what the diffrence is between the model you linked and the one I'm looking at?

Thanks
The 600 runs magnetic cart only. (MM)

The slightly higher price unit runs a moving coil cart plu MM. If you are going to play vinyl, you'll want to experiment with the different carts. Many feel a MC is a superior design of the two but it's mainly preference really.

The 600 runs magnetic cart only. (MM)

The slightly higher price unit runs a moving coil cart plu MM. If you are going to play vinyl, you'll want to experiment with the different carts. Many feel a MC is a superior design of the two but it's mainly preference really.
Ah, yeah not interested in MC carts at the moment. Thanks for the clarification.

Don’t expect the 316BEE to sound like a smaller 375BEE-they sound nothing alike but you could use the tone controls on the 316 to narrow the gap. That said, it’s still my favorite budget amp.

I’d recommend this service center. Honest and knowledgeable. Bill Thalmann the owner used to be the Service Manager at Conrad Johnson. He knows his stuff.

I’d recommend this service center. Honest and knowledgeable. Bill Thalmann the owner used to be the Service Manager at Conrad Johnson. He knows his stuff.

Well George Meyers still has the amp and is refusing to return it unless I pay them another ridiculous fee, so I’d have nothing to send to them anyway.

And even if I did I can’t afford to just keep shipping this heavy amp around to different service centers across the country. I’m 27, and like most people my age money has gotten really tight these past couple years.

Well George Meyers still has the amp and is refusing to return it unless I pay them another ridiculous fee, so I’d have nothing to send to them anyway.

And even if I did I can’t afford to just keep shipping this heavy amp around to different service centers across the country. I’m 27, and like most people my age money has gotten really tight these past couple years.
I'm not suggested anything rash, but have you tried going in person? People's tones often change when you confront them face to face. Again, stressing that I am just talking about talking!

EDIT: Realizing the shop may not be local to you

I'm not suggested anything rash, but have you tried going in person? People's tones often change when you confront them face to face. Again, stressing that I am just talking about talking!

EDIT: Realizing the shop may not be local to you
Yeah it’s in LA, I’m in NorCal. And without getting too much into it, my chronic illness is really a barrier to making any sort of long distance drive like that.

It sucks.

Yeah it’s in LA, I’m in NorCal. And without getting too much into it, my chronic illness is really a barrier to making any sort of long distance drive like that.

It sucks.
Might be worth seeing if anyone in the LA thread is down to perform a jail break for your stranded little friend.

But then equally I somehow manage to spend more on records every year than gear. And I’m beginning to have a not so cheap set up…
I mean i understand that bit. Gonna take a hard look and actually try to have a budget and stick with it next year. Part of that will be savings toward gear.

Back