Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

Yeah I kinda wish they just had a room full of people banging pots and pans together and a like a corner full of crying babies that you can go hang out in for a minute to reset your ears, like sniffing coffee when you're shopping for cologne or perfume.
I mean you could get an old pair of beats to plug into your phone and listen to like Avenge 7Fold or something.

So I did a little shopping...

View attachment 185298View attachment 185299View attachment 185300View attachment 185301View attachment 185302View attachment 185303View attachment 185304View attachment 185305
Aaaand I bought nothing because it all started at approximately $15,000 and up. Those Focals up top combined with the Naim was the star of the show for me. Speakers are $360,000.

That being said I heard the new Wharfedale Dovedale and they were REALLY nice sounding. Probably my pick of the not $360,000 speakers.
Looks nuts! But I hope you got some free drinks and a coupon code for 10% off.

So I did a little shopping...

View attachment 185298View attachment 185299View attachment 185300View attachment 185301View attachment 185302View attachment 185303View attachment 185304View attachment 185305
Aaaand I bought nothing because it all started at approximately $15,000 and up. Those Focals up top combined with the Naim was the star of the show for me. Speakers are $360,000.

That being said I heard the new Wharfedale Dovedale and they were REALLY nice sounding. Probably my pick of the not $360,000 speakers.
Can’t really picture any of these in your dungeon…

REL say under no circumstances and that it ruins them. Dunno about other brands.
I had them on a pair of Rel T/5i's I had. I'd sold the Zu Souls I was using them with and wanted to experiment on my subs. My wood floor resonated a bit with the Rel's au natural. Swapped in the fancy feet and my floor calmed down, and it seemed a little less overhang-y, slightly tighter. All that said, it wouldn't be worth the cost of those feet for that "sole" (hawhaw) purpose, IMO..

I had them on a pair of Rel T/5i's I had. I'd sold the Zu Souls I was using them with and wanted to experiment on my subs. My wood floor resonated a bit with the Rel's au natural. Swapped in the fancy feet and my floor calmed down, and it seemed a little less overhang-y, slightly tighter. All that said, it wouldn't be worth the cost of those feet for that "sole" (hawhaw) purpose, IMO..

Haha fair enough. I follow a rel page on one of the socials and they kinda react with “no do not do that” horror whenever anyone suggests it lol.

I've heard that too, and it's still probably the best rule of thumb for most rooms. I think they tune their subs to their feet, or vice versa.
Yeah I think I may hold off, the unit I was thinking of getting was relatively inexpensive but they're actually conveniently suggesting I get a unit twice the price which naw I don't think so. Also while I think isolation is definitely a good thing for amps/TT's, I'm not certain it would always be the best thing for a sub, just due to the nature of how they individually work in relation to how they are each different in design and build.

Still trying to get my c375BEE back, but starting to settle on what it’s replacement will be.

The two integrated amps that stuck out to me are the NAD C316BEE V2 and Denon PMA-600NE.
I like how the NAD is more simplified and a little cheaper, though I kind of have some NAD ptsd from my last experience, even though I realize it wasn’t the products fault. The Denon gets good reviews, but has all sorts of home theater features I don’t need and don’t want the digital components if it effects the signal chain.

Really split between the two. Any thoughts are appreciated

Last edited:
Back