Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

interesting...
You know, I've actually considered this, I usually take the cover off when I'm spinning, the cover on the G doesn't go up completely vertical, understandable, but when I pull a record off to flip it I have to be carful not to hit it. Pulling the cover out of the slots over and over again worries me for some reason, so this would be an option. Considering what these usually go for, the price isn't terrible.

You know, I've actually considered this, I usually take the cover off when I'm spinning, the cover on the G doesn't go up completely vertical, understandable, but when I pull a record off to flip it I have to be carful not to hit it. Pulling the cover out of the slots over and over again worries me for some reason, so this would be an option. Considering what these usually go for, the price isn't terrible.
I am far too lazy, plus cat will jump on anything I am remotely interested other than him. :)

i have one of these on my Thorens since it doesn't have an attached dust cover, but mine carefully rests on the top of the plinth which can be kinda annoying....this is sorta tempting although the holes in the corners on the top confuse me a little.....wouldn't dust just enter through those?

i have one of these on my Thorens since it doesn't have an attached dust cover, but mine carefully rests on the top of the plinth which can be kinda annoying....this is sorta tempting although the holes in the corners on the top confuse me a little.....wouldn't dust just enter through those?
So the holes are because the cover is actually folded lexan instead of glued. Same as mine... Folding avoids the yellowing and fogging that can happen over time with glued covers.
20230713_144858.jpg

Back