Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

I'm not sure if anyone has posted this, but it looks like the Linton's are on "Sale" at most retailers at their original pricing of $1499 with the stands.

I'm not sure if anyone has posted this, but it looks like the Linton's are on "Sale" at most retailers at their original pricing of $1499 with the stands.

A steal at that price as I think they are the best $1500 I’ve spent in this hobby

@boojy luck!

Would you consider passive speakers and an amp? Could go:

U Turn Orbit Plus $330

NAD 316 $340
NAD Electronics C 316BEE Stereo Integrated Amplifier Factory Refurbished

Klipsch RP500 $285

Which should leave a little change for an RCA cable and a set of speaker wires.
I would rock the hell out of this setup!

@MattHasIdeas not sure where you ended up with considering a new turntable but I will say the Theory has met and exceeded my expectations. If you like the look and feel of the older Orbit then this a great step up. I'm not saying it beats the spec sheet of the StudioDeck, but I have thoroughly enjoyed the sound I'm getting and the flexibility to upgrade to bigger and better carts was a selling point.

I posted this picture in the U-Turn thread as well, but the finish is gorgeous and everything feels very well manufactured.

View attachment 159815
Sorry for the delay - It’s beautiful!

I ended up spending all my new turntable budget on gifts for other people. (Gross, I know) I’m still casually on the prowl, but this is definitely a major contender for me.

I did lol I got the Orbit custom with the the 2m red ortofon

For powered speakers.....I had a we messed up coupon from turntable lab that I was sitting on so I got these for 320 plus tax

Edifier: S1000MKII Powered Bookshelf Speaker w/ Bluetooth since the wife uses the bluetooth thru her phone while at home with the baby these were functional and simple enough for her to figure out
What color plinth did you go with?

For powered speakers.....I had a we messed up coupon from turntable lab that I was sitting on so I got these for 320 plus tax

Edifier: S1000MKII Powered Bookshelf Speaker w/ Bluetooth since the wife uses the bluetooth thru her phone while at home with the baby these were functional and simple enough for her to figure out

Did you get the Pluto built in?

Edifier does a nice job with their powered speakers, I have the R1700's. They've been tucked away for a while, but might come out of retirement with the ProJect TT on it's way.

Hope you're enjoying your set up :)

Edifier does a nice job with their powered speakers, I have the R1700's. They've been tucked away for a while, but might come out of retirement with the ProJect TT on it's way.

Yea I actually saw one of your posts re: Edifier in here so I started to research some of the ones they had on TTL

Hopefully they ship the goods soon so I can get these Christmas vinyl in rotation!

Recommended them recently to someone who desperately needed an upgrade from the computer speakers they had jury rigged to work. They are very happy. Haha

Back