Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

Did you get the tubey saga? How do you like it?

An extraordinarily irresponsible move down the line for me may be to replace the PS Audio with a saga N and Jays audio DAC…

Edit: oh wait, I’m confusing the saga and the Freya lol!
I just got a Saga+, wanted something passive that gave me remote volume control. I get enough tubiness from the KingKo, I think.

My one year old took out my AT LP-60 so it is time for an upgrade. I am trying to get powered speaker/turntable combo for at or under $1000

Time to start researching and shopping!

My one year old took out my AT LP-60 so it is time for an upgrade. I am trying to get powered speaker/turntable combo for at or under $1000

Time to start researching and shopping!

@boojy luck!

Would you consider passive speakers and an amp? Could go:

U Turn Orbit Plus $330

NAD 316 $340
NAD Electronics C 316BEE Stereo Integrated Amplifier Factory Refurbished

Klipsch RP500 $285

Which should leave a little change for an RCA cable and a set of speaker wires.

Legit.

My electric bill shows both the current month and the same month last year. The only significant change electricity wise has been the amp. I was shocked.

The difference is been consistent month after month since the Prima Luna left and the NAD arrived.

Yeah the tubes noticeably increased my energy bills. But the single PrimaLuna is noticeably less than the dual mono quads. So that’s kind of a win?

@boojy luck!

Would you consider passive speakers and an amp? Could go:

U Turn Orbit Plus $330

NAD 316 $340
NAD Electronics C 316BEE Stereo Integrated Amplifier Factory Refurbished

Klipsch RP500 $285

Which should leave a little change for an RCA cable and a set of speaker wires.
@Jonathan Y GET THAT NAD YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!!!

@Joe Mac @Jonathan Y would this be better since it had a phono included and is in stock?

You could then do an Orbit custom and drop the Pluto preamp and upgrade the cart.

@Joe Mac @Jonathan Y would this be better since it had a phono included and is in stock?

You could then do an Orbit custom and drop the Pluto preamp and upgrade the cart.

Did I pick one without a phono? That wasn’t intentional lol! So yes, you are right. Because I thought I had picked an orbit without a Pluto and a NAD with a phono…

I was half right $330 is the orbit plus without the Pluto. But yeah I thought all the NAD 316 had Phonos so just clicked the cheapest. Rookie mistake!
I appreciate yous guys! I will put these at the top of my list

Back