Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

Just make sure to use the “front” jacks on the pre-out on the Marantz. As the NAD doesn’t have HT bypass you can connect to any RCA in. It’ll just be trial and error with the two volume knobs I’m afraid. There is such a thing as room correction software which can be used with a microphone in the sitting position but it’s more designed for setting a system up, it’d be a bit of a faff to use every time.

Last edited:
I’m hoping to use audyssey to my advantage and set the NAD at a specific level and then use audyssey and then trial and error as obviously with home theater there are drastically varying levels between different streaming services and physical discs.

I’m hoping to use audyssey to my advantage and set the NAD at a specific level and then use audyssey and then trial and error as obviously with home theater there are drastically varying levels between different streaming services and physical discs.

Good luck!

Purchased a Marantz SR 6008 AVR from a fellow forum member. This has pre amp outputs so I won’t have to plug different speaker cables in when I switch from my integrated amp to my AVR. My Nad integrated doesn’t have a specific input for this situation like some stereo amps. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions for volume control when using the AVR? I realize that this will mostly be something I have to experiment with. If anyone does or has in the past had this type of setup and has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

I haven’t bothered running one amp into another, but I am running a two-amp setup at my house, with my front speakers and sub shared between a Marantz SR5008 and a JoLida tube amp. But if you’re wanting to use room correction: does the NAD have a fixed output you could run to the Marantz, and use that device as the final output?

I dunno if I'll need wireless earbuds

If I can just kick my cat out of my room I can keep earbuds and maybe even do on ear headphones (compact but good quality)

The only requirement for me is in line controls.. I f feel weird without the play pause button

Last edited:
The PS Audio Sprout100, Dayens Ampino, and other micro integrated solutions seem interesting.
Drop is having a "warehouse sale." They have the original PS Audio Sprout on sale for $356.

I dunno if I'll need wireless earbuds

If I can just kick my cat out of my room I can keep earbuds and maybe even do on ear headphones (compact but good quality)

The only requirement for me is in line controls.. I f feel weird without the play pause button
Inline controls on wired headphones are a bit hit or miss with Android, at least for the 3.5mm jack. No real standard, so everybody made their own.
If you find one that's compatible your phone, then they work fine.

Excellent! Did you get the bookshelves or the floor standers?
The b6.2 bookshelves. I started with Neal Francis and the detail was the first thing I noticed. I’m not even sure I noticed there were horns in the first song before, but they definitely hit in the way horns should. There’s a soundstage depth here that makes me fear my audiophile pressings. It sounds like I injected a lot more money into my system.

My daughter is running elacs and my old lp60 with an upgraded stylus. Her system sounded about as good as mine until today. Holy fuck. I can’t wait to buy more stuff.

The b6.2 bookshelves. I started with sneak Francia and the detail was the first thing I noticed. I’m not even sure I noticed there were horns in the first song before, but the definitely hit in the way horns should. There’s a soundstage depth here that makes me fear my audiophile pressings. It sounds like I injected a lot more money into my system.

My daughter is running elacs and my old lp60 with an upgraded stylus. Her system sounded about as good as mine until today. Holy fuck. I can’t wait to buy more stuff.

yeah I’ve had a few of those OH MY GOD moments myself over the past year! It’s adictive...

The b6.2 bookshelves. I started with Neal Francis and the detail was the first thing I noticed. I’m not even sure I noticed there were horns in the first song before, but they definitely hit in the way horns should. There’s a soundstage depth here that makes me fear my audiophile pressings. It sounds like I injected a lot more money into my system.

Welcome to the rabbit hole! haha

You'll have fun with it. Luckily the Elac's are also said to scale up well, so you can upgrade everything else before you loop back around to the Elacs. But be careful. I don't have kids, but I could imagine it would be very tempting to say something like "there is money in their college fund. They can pay for their own school. Lots of people do it!"

Inline controls on wired headphones are a bit hit or miss with Android, at least for the 3.5mm jack. No real standard, so everybody made their own.
If you find one that's compatible your phone, then they work fine.
eh i just need a start and stop button

Hey friends, I'm having some trouble with one of my speakers. The other night when listening to some music it got progressively more staticky. I was in the other room, and hurried over to turn off the receiver. At first I thought maybe one of the wires was loose, but I detached and reattached all of them on both the receiver and the speaker ends. I think I've isolated it to the negative port on the back of this speaker. Sometimes it's fine but sooner or later it just starts humming static. As you can see/hear in this video, just inserting the wire into the port causes it to go haywire. I've already cut and restripped the wire, twice, swapped the ends (positive to negative), and swapped which ends are connected to the receiver and to the speaker, and had the same problem with the same end. I probably just need new speaker wire? It's this wire, fyi. Oyaide Explorer 0.75 Speaker Wire – Planet of Sound

Hey friends, I'm having some trouble with one of my speakers. The other night when listening to some music it got progressively more staticky. I was in the other room, and hurried over to turn off the receiver. At first I thought maybe one of the wires was loose, but I detached and reattached all of them on both the receiver and the speaker ends. I think I've isolated it to the negative port on the back of this speaker. Sometimes it's fine but sooner or later it just starts humming static. As you can see/hear in this video, just inserting the wire into the port causes it to go haywire. I've already cut and restripped the wire, twice, swapped the ends (positive to negative), and swapped which ends are connected to the receiver and to the speaker, and had the same problem with the same end. I probably just need new speaker wire? It's this wire, fyi. Oyaide Explorer 0.75 Speaker Wire – Planet of Sound

Just picked up a new cable, was fine for about one song, and then started a loud staticky crackle again out of the blue, so I'm kind of at a loss.

schiit fulla or a dragonfly... both have the same bitdepth and resolution... im just unsure because of stuff about multibit vs delta signal and if i will get the right quality from it

I have a pair of the entry-level Grado SR60e headphones, and I love them. The copy, "you'll actually hear notes you never knew were there," is true, and that revelation kindled my interest in affordable hifi. For more bass consider the SR80e phones for only $20 more. They are open back though, and my wife noted leakage.
These Grado's look nice but I don't know much about them, do you happen to know how the SR325e would compare to the Audio Technica ATH-A990z?

Back