Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

I'm strongly considering a jump to the MM-6 from the Mani and hearing your thoughts is helpful! Thanks and keep us posted.
I listened to three different albums today with my headphone setup (Bottlehead Crack and Sennheisser HD6XX) and it was such an absolute joy. If I hadn't had family things planned with my partner and kids, I'd just have kept listening all day. I just want to go re-listen to every album I own.

Really narrowing down what my next amp is going to be, and it's down to 2 NAD options: the C375BEE or the cheaper C316BEE. @AnthonyI is offering a generous price on the 375, but im not sure I need that much amp. I'll just be using 2 speakers, no inputs other than the TT/preamp, and dont need all the modular options for connectivity. Do you guys' think I'd be be better off with the 316, and save myself a couple hundred bucks?

Really narrowing down what my next amp is going to be, and it's down to 2 NAD options: the C375BEE or the cheaper C316BEE. @AnthonyI is offering a generous price on the 375, but im not sure I need that much amp. I'll just be using 2 speakers, no inputs other than the TT/preamp, and dont need all the modular options for connectivity. Do you guys' think I'd be be better off with the 316, and save myself a couple hundred bucks?
I don't want to come across as biased so I'm only going to make one comment..........

🍎🍊 ;)

For me the decision would come down to affordability. If the 375 is within your range and not an uncomfortable stretch I’d go for it. It’s a better amplifier, will sound better and tbh the amount of the things you’re plugging into it doesn’t matter because the 316 has loads of inputs too and you’ll only be using one.

That said if the stretch is more than you’re comfortable go with the 316, it’s been bought and loved by so many around here for a reason.

For me the decision would come down to affordability. If the 375 is within your range and not an uncomfortable stretch I’d go for it. It’s a better amplifier, will sound better and tbh the amount of the things you’re plugging into it doesn’t matter because the 316 has loads of inputs too and you’ll only be using one.

That said if the stretch is more than you’re comfortable go with the 316, it’s been bought and loved by so many around here for a reason.
+1 for the sound being my decision maker. If it's close and one sounds better then I would always stretch. Otherwise you end up retreading ground later. It's a value decision more than an expense.

I simply didn't want to comment cause I have no direct experience on these two amps

I can't believe no one has taken that amp off of Anthony's hands yet, but I'd say it's never a bad idea to save yourself a couple hundred bucks if you'd be just as happy with the less expensive option. Put another way, it doesn't really pay (haha, get it?) to spend more for features you have no use for, even if it is a good deal. Having said that, experience also tells me that just because you aren't using certain inputs now, that doesn't mean you might not be seeking those inputs at some later point. You know yourself better than anyone here knows you, so think about how likely it is that your tastes/interests/curiosity might change in a year or two, or three....

I can't believe no one has taken that amp off of Anthony's hands yet, but I'd say it's never a bad idea to save yourself a couple hundred bucks if you'd be just as happy with the less expensive option. Put another way, it doesn't really pay (haha, get it?) to spend more for features you have no use for, even if it is a good deal. Having said that, experience also tells me that just because you aren't using certain inputs now, that doesn't mean you might not be seeking those inputs at some later point. You know yourself better than anyone here knows you, so think about how likely it is that your tastes/interests/curiosity might change in a year or two, or three....
I always think, "as long as it has the inputs I need then the rest is just insurance or options for later." Again, I wouldn't overpay for that, but the sound would be my biggest weighted category. To each their own though. And no issue not paying if you don't need it or care for the differences.

I have the 326BEE and I’d say get the 375 if $$$ is not the issue. The 326 was a huge leap over what I had. If you have an external pre, they why pay for the one in the 316? The more powerful amp won’t have to work as hard as the 316 and it will have a much smoother sound. The 326 made my budget speakers sound awesome and I can only assume the 375 would do the same.
What’s HifiGuy’s analogy to a car? I think it’s something like you won’t have to redline it to make it up a steep hill. A subcompact car can get you anywhere you need to be but you’d enjoy the ride in a Porsche much more!

Hey everyone. I'm newer to the forum, so I'm not sure if this has been discussed already or not. I'm lookong to shop around for a 3-in-1 setup (turntable, cd player, cassette player) with speakers. I'm a novice vinyl purchaser, but I have a plethora of CDs and cassettes and i just want to upgrade my setup so i can also play those as well. Wondering if anyone here has any recommendations - something of quality that won't break the bank. Thanks!

Hey everyone. I'm newer to the forum, so I'm not sure if this has been discussed already or not. I'm lookong to shop around for a 3-in-1 setup (turntable, cd player, cassette player) with speakers. I'm a novice vinyl purchaser, but I have a plethora of CDs and cassettes and i just want to upgrade my setup so i can also play those as well. Wondering if anyone here has any recommendations - something of quality that won't break the bank. Thanks!

I’ll be honest and say I don’t know of any decent all in one set ups like this. I know Marantz do a really nice little all in one CD/Streamer/Amp but you’d have the get the turntable/phono stage and speakers separately.

If it is ok to toot my own horn, I make these hanging record crates. If you wanted your records up on the wall like this.

I've been wanting to get them available for sale on my website for a couple years now and just haven't done it, but I think it's time. They are significantly more expensive than the Kalax, which, in all fairness, are great at what they do. I have a 1x4 unit myself.

Mine hold 40-60 records each, install on a french cleat, and can be various wood species. Pictured are Poplar, which would be available natural (no finish) or painted. The unfinished Poplar is the base level and are $175 each.

Just wanted to throw it out there.View attachment 101912View attachment 101913
These are so cool!!!

Back