Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

Pffft, THAT old thing? I mean, it's okay I GUESS... if you uh... if you like that sort of um... shiny... -looks for piggy bank- ...awesome... -withdraws 401K- ... thing.
-re mortgages house-

Funnily enough I was getting a tour of turntables from my dealer when I went to pick up the Luna. He said he loves the Pro-Ject’s up to about £1k but that they can’t compete above that. He was all for selling me an Origin Live turntable next! Spoke pretty highly of the Vetrere turntables too. Absolutely trashed everything Rega, said he had to drop them because they were being returned too often to him because of poor build quality.

Funnily enough I was getting a tour of turntables from my dealer when I went to pick up the Luna. He said he loves the Pro-Ject’s up to about £1k but that they can’t compete above that. He was all for selling me an Origin Live turntable next!
Well that's great because that's just around where mine lies so, hooray for me.

I'll get the ART9 and then worry about a new table many moons from now...

Yeah I got the impression that the X2 and Classic Evo were where the line was drew and that if your budget was higher that he’d not try to sell you one, felt there was better for similar money.

Yeah I got the impression that the X2 and Classic Evo were where the line was drew and that if your budget was higher that he’d not try to sell you one, felt there was better for similar money.
I mean that's kinda what I found when I originally bought mine. At the time the 2Xperience seemed like the best thing in that price range over this side of the pond. Or at least it was even with others at the price and then just depending on what look you wanted on your table. I feel like in the past 4 years or so that a lot more solid sub $2000 tables have arrived on the market. I feel like the Mofi deck arrived on the scene just after I bought my TT, or around the same time, can't remember.

I mean that's kinda what I found when I originally bought mine. At the time the 2Xperience seemed like the best thing in that price range over this side of the pond. Or at least it was even with others at the price and then just depending on what look you wanted on your table. I feel like in the past 4 years or so that a lot more solid sub $2000 tables have arrived on the market. I feel like the Mofi deck arrived on the scene just after I bought my TT, or around the same time, can't remember.

Yeah I think he was saying that you could get the bottom of the line Origin Live for £1450 and that its tonearm was in a different league. Also the Vetrere one for around £2k is a beautiful thing. Showed me a few SME ones too but they started at £6k so no chance.

I think he saw me buying a Luna and got the impression that he might sell me lots of super expensive gear when really it’s me spending more than I should have on one single dream piece 😂

Last edited:
Was originally looking at a substantial turntable upgrade this summer but now im leaning more towards a PLX-1000 and a system upgrade across the board. Would like more educated peoples thoughts on the matter.

Current------------> Upgrade

U-Turn w/U-Turn Blue-> Pioneer PLX-1000 (Really liking this table the more I look into it, cartridge suggestions would be appreciated)

Just upgraded the preamp to a MM6. Love it.

Sony STRDH590->??? Bought this when I knew less about equipment...and it's served it's purpose well for what it is. But I know something without all the digital components would undoubtedly be a better option in this chain, only necessity is a headphone jack. Recommendations appreciated.

Pioneer BS41-> ELAC Debut 2.0's. Was originally looking at Klipsh options but the praise for these has me interested. If there is a better long term solution let me know, but at the moment these are looking like the way to go.
Buy the NAD that @AnthonyI has for sale. You won’t regret it. It’s a killer deal. And a fantastic amp.

I’d put either an A/T VM95ML or a Grado Gold3 on the Pioneer.

Recommending something would be easier knowing that dollar amount ;)
You're not wrong, the financial investment involved just becomes more real once I start writing it down. Updated the posts with some dollar amounts. And I will seriously consider your amp! Just might be a week or two untill I start making decisions.

One more question for the experts:
If I were to make the investment in the NAD C 375BEE, would the Debut 2.0's do them justice? I just dont want to buy a pair of speakers knowing I'll feel the urge to upgrade them in a couple months, would rather make that jump now and save the money.

If I were to make the investment in the NAD C 375BEE, would the Debut 2.0's do them justice? I just dont want to buy a pair of speakers knowing I'll feel the urge to upgrade them in a couple months, would rather make that jump now and save the money.
Feeding them with the best possible signal will allow them to sound their best.

My system looks wonky on paper because the speakers are the least expensive part. Sounds great though.

Funny you mention that, the ELACs were the first speakers I had on the NAD and they sounds great.

Aside from that, and there a little above your budget, but the Wharfedale Dentons are nice set of speakers as well. The speakers at your budget have a nice offering so it'll boil down to price and personal preference.............as usual ;)

Funny you mention that, the ELACs were the first speakers I had on the NAD and they sounds great.

Aside from that, and there a little above your budget, but the Wharfedale Dentons are nice set of speakers as well. The speakers at your budget have a nice offering so it'll boil down to price and personal preference.............as usual ;)

Are there still deals knocking about on the older model of Dentons or have they finally dried up?

I lust after one of the Dr. Feickert tables with the Delrin platter and brass inserts... like you said many moons.

Back