Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

The SE84UFO? Nice, that's what I ordered. The wait is killing me. Steve Guttenberg's praise has led to a flood of orders for them.
Yes indeed! That's the one. Just stock. Don't need any VU meters 😉. Was chatting with Sarah at Decware, she said Guttenberg basically sent their waitlist from 4 to 6 months - good for them! When's yours slated to land?? If it's as good as all ears indicate, honestly a bargain at $995.

Yes indeed! That's the one. Just stock. Don't need any VU meters 😉. Was chatting with Sarah at Decware, she said Guttenberg basically sent their waitlist from 4 to 6 months - good for them! When's yours slated to land?? If it's as good as all ears indicate, honestly a bargain at $995.
I went with stock too. Ordered at the end of November, and the estimate was 20 weeks back then, so hopefully late-April.

I went with a Reloop RP-7000mk2 in black. And I will pair it with a AT540ML stylus I already own.

I was jumping back and forth between the Reloop 7000 and the Pioneer PLX-1000. The two are almost identical. They share the same DD motor (except you can modify the torque and braking on the Reloop), and both have the same rubberized/deadened platter and insulated S-shaped tonearm. The PLX has an unhinged dust cover that you pull off completely (which is okay), but prefer one that is attached to the turntable. And the Reloop with dustcover was about $150 less than the Pio. So, I went that route.

Now I just have to wait for delivery on Tuesday.
Congrats! Know a guy who's got that Reloop table, he loves it.

So the KingKo is better than the Decware for you? I may have asked you that before, but I forgot the answer if I did ask.
For my current situation, yeah. It’s friendlier, it doesn’t need a preamp, it sounds great. Been very happy with it.

Should probably roll the tubes at some point, they’re definitely the weak spot in the build.

For my current situation, yeah. It’s friendlier, it doesn’t need a preamp, it sounds great. Been very happy with it.

Should probably roll the tubes at some point, they’re definitely the weak spot in the build.
Did you find you needed a preamp for line level signals to the Decware?

Poking around at a few popular carts and noticed this verbiage on the Nagaoka site, it has to be a typo, right?

Stylus replacement: Nagaoka JN-P150
The stylus replacement interval varies depending on the using conditions. But for general use at home, the reference time is between 150-200 hours in which the stylus begin to wear and the tone quality deteriorates. Recommend replacing the stylus as aerly as possible to enjoy clear tone for a long time and not to damge the disc grooves.

Poking around at a few popular carts and noticed this verbiage on the Nagaoka site, it has to be a typo, right?

The stylus replacement interval varies depending on the using conditions. But for general use at home, the reference time is between 150-200 hours in which the stylus begin to wear and the tone quality deteriorates. Recommend replacing the stylus as aerly as possible to enjoy clear tone for a long time and not to damge the disc grooves.
You mean the aerly or the 150-200? 🤣. That sounds really low, yes.

That's insane. That can't be right. At the LEAST it should be like 500 hours no?

Back