Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

What MM cart are you running? I just looked at the manual and it’s factory set to 42dB which should be plenty for most standard MM carts. You can change it to 30dB, 48dB or 59dB by playing with the switches underneath it.

Nagaoka MP-110. Both Gain switches are set to L and the Load switches set to 47k.

Can someone explain to me why Pro-Ject decided to include different cartridges on the U.S. versions of the X1 and X2? Everywhere else in the world 🌎 the turntable comes with the Ortofon Pick-It S2 and 2M Silver respectively but in the US 🇺🇸 it comes with the Sumiko Rainier and Moonstone 🤔

Can someone explain to me why Pro-Ject decided to include different cartridges on the U.S. versions of the X1 and X2? Everywhere else in the world 🌎 the turntable comes with the Ortofon Pick-It S2 and 2M Silver respectively but in the US 🇺🇸 it comes with the Sumiko Rainier and Moonshine 🤔

Ortofon is their cartridge partner so that why the rest of the world. Sumiko is their US distributor so they probably built their own cartridges into the supply deal.

Can someone explain to me why Pro-Ject decided to include different cartridges on the U.S. versions of the X1 and X2? Everywhere else in the world 🌎 the turntable comes with the Ortofon Pick-It S2 and 2M Silver respectively but in the US 🇺🇸 it comes with the Sumiko Rainier and Moonstone 🤔

I’ve had a chance to listen to a Sumiko Blue Point 2 on a Pro-Ject 2Xperience, and I’ll tell you that’s a more enjoyable listening experience than a low end Ortofon, to my ear anyway.

Back