Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

Previously, I was experiencing a hum when connecting the power cord on my turntable to a power strip/extension chord. And then I plugged it directly to the wall outlet and the hum sound was eliminated. However, the power cord for my turntable is a bit short and was wondering if there was a longer power cord or maybe a better power strip out there that would also help in eliminating the hum? My family room is small and I don’t have a lot of space to work with in terms of moving my set up around.
I'm no expert but that sounds like a grounding issue with the extension cord and should probably be replaced altogether.

I'm no expert but that sounds like a grounding issue with the extension cord and should probably be replaced altogether.
Are there any extension cords out there that would work to eliminate the hum in the same way as me plugging it directly to the wall outlet? I’m trying not to go through the trouble of moving my set up again (for now).

Are there any extension cords out there that would work to eliminate the hum in the same way as me plugging it directly to the wall outlet? I’m trying not to go through the trouble of moving my set up again (for now).
I’m saying any cord should never introduce hum and the one you have on hand is likely fouled and that even another of the same brand and model would not do that. I could be wrong but I would definitely start with replacing that specific cord with anything else as the first measure.

Okay. Everything is here and set up.

So when I play my first record, I cannot control the volume. I have the pre-amp hooked into Main In.

Is this something I have to adjust on the pre-amp?
I did adjusting on the pre-amp and
Okay. Everything is here and set up.

So when I play my first record, I cannot control the volume. I have the pre-amp hooked into Main In.

Is this something I have to adjust on the pre-amp?
i did some adjusting on the pre-amp and everything seems to be where it should be.

When I turn the volume dial, it’s all the same volume. Even when I turn the dial all the way down.

Getting ready for a move and want to start scouting out equipment for my new setup.

I currently have a uTurn (special) that will be connected to a pro-ject Phono Box MM that will connect to a Lepai LP-2020TI that connects to Polk Audio RTI A1 Bookshelf Speakers

I would like to upgrade the Lepai and add a subwoofer to the setup, my budget would be around $400-$600 and I am not quite sure what I should be looking at to replace the Lepai.

Thanks for any recommendations and help.

I'd recommend spending that budget on an NAD 326BEE integrated amp and holding up on a subwoofer at this point. I expect you'll be pleasantly surprised on what a big amplifier upgrade will bring to the table.

You can get a new one for $549 or a factory refurbished one for $399.

Back