Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

Looking to buy a Panamax...Any recs on what might be a good one to pick up that hopefully doesn't break the bank? Are there any worth buying that are around $100? My system has a little bit of static/noise coming through the speakers when nothing is playing and wondering if it's a power conditioning issue. I live in an old apartment building where a lot of things are all on one circuit (our apt only has 2 circuits in it and one is for AC only and far away from my setup)...The sound happens with any input, not just preamp or digital. I have a Rotel RA-1570 running KEF R300s. Was debating either buying a new power cable for the Rotel or going with a panamax and Panamax seems to make more sense unless I'm mistaken...thanks in advance!

Looking to buy a Panamax...Any recs on what might be a good one to pick up that hopefully doesn't break the bank? Are there any worth buying that are around $100? My system has a little bit of static/noise coming through the speakers when nothing is playing and wondering if it's a power conditioning issue. I live in an old apartment building where a lot of things are all on one circuit (our apt only has 2 circuits in it and one is for AC only and far away from my setup)...The sound happens with any input, not just preamp or digital. I have a Rotel RA-1570 running KEF R300s. Was debating either buying a new power cable for the Rotel or going with a panamax and Panamax seems to make more sense unless I'm mistaken...thanks in advance!
A little more than $100, but I have the Panamax MR4300 and it works great, it's already saved my system once ;)

Anyone familiar with the Yamaha A-S501? I’ve been eyeing it for a while. Of course the silver plated model is out of stock and I like shiny things. My current receiver is a Marantz 2220b and while it has served me well, I’m looking for something new. Would the Yamaha be an upgrade or are there some tweaks that I could make to the Marantz? I’m sure I’ve asked this before so forgive me if I sound like a broken record......🤪

I've bee slowly upgrading my system throughout the past couple of years. However, I still have my "beginner" amp, an Onkyo TX-8020. Is there anything that might be a next step up that's worth the extra money? Or is it best just to stick with what I have and look at other potential upgrades in the future?

Current set up: U-Turn Orbit with Grado Blue3, Schiit Mani, Onkyo TX-8020, Elac Debut B6, Polk PSW10 sub.

I've bee slowly upgrading my system throughout the past couple of years. However, I still have my "beginner" amp, an Onkyo TX-8020. Is there anything that might be a next step up that's worth the extra money? Or is it best just to stick with what I have and look at other potential upgrades in the future?

Current set up: U-Turn Orbit with Grado Blue3, Schiit Mani, Onkyo TX-8020, Elac Debut B6, Polk PSW10 sub.

What kind of budget?

Assuming this is still available this seems like a deal too good to be true? What kinds of things should I be checking for a table like this?

That's an amazing deal, doesn't look like there are any scuffs, cracked cover and so on. I would say pending something wrong with the motor I would give it a serious look. It looks to be local, download the RPM ap and test it on site if you can, I would even bring a junk album and drop the needle on it so make sure the arm isn't hopping around or scatting to hard one way or the other.

Good luck with this :)

I have a pair of Klipsch Heresy III's. I would loved to have the grills redone in the salt and pepper or lambswool style. Not sure what they call it.
Any suggestions who does this kind of work or where I could send them? Thanks.

Would anyone have any recommendations for RCA patch cables between a pre amp and receiver? I'm in the EU and looking for something thats decent quality for not too much money. Would be a very short run of less than 1m anyway.

Assuming this is still available this seems like a deal too good to be true? What kinds of things should I be checking for a table like this?

uh, I'd jump on that. and yeah, what @AnthonyI said.

I have a pair of Klipsch Heresy III's. I would loved to have the grills redone in the salt and pepper or lambswool style. Not sure what they call it.
Any suggestions who does this kind of work or where I could send them? Thanks.

The company that handles Klipsch grilles is Duracrest Fabrics. They're shaky when it comes to answering email, but you should be able to call them during business hours and talk to someone, assuming they're still business as usual. They can re-cover your grille frames in your choice of fabric.

Last edited:

My system is quite similar to yours, except I have an old Kenwood KR 3130 as my amp. Been thinking about upgrading that as well so I'm interested to see responses. I had soft circled the NAD 326, but I'm not wedded to that.

This is what I should be looking at correct?

About 35 pounds for a 1m cable might not be the budget I'm looking for - at least I'm not sure if my set up merits that.

yeah they’re the ones and these tend to be the option recommended for entry level. They are great value for the price and there’s not much below that price that’s worth looking at tbh.

Back