Definitive Audiophile pressings

there's a single boom-boom cut of Electric Warrior over at Plaidroom
This must have recently been repressed as it’s been popping up. Killer sounding pressing. Deep discount had it for $18 shipped this past week too with a coupon code

This must have recently been repressed as it’s been popping up. Killer sounding pressing. Deep discount had it for $18 shipped this past week too with a coupon code

I'm still wavering on whether I like this one or the MOFi 45 more.... the KPG is slightly more "crunchy", for lack of a better term, and I really like that for this album. It retains a nice open-ness, but the MOFI has such a nice even more open stage. When you factor in price and only having to flip once though....

That Ed Stasium mix of Tim by The Replacement.... the CB cut is 🔥🔥🔥

Thanks to whoever pointed this out a while back. I located a reasonably priced copy and spinning now. This is a thing of beauty.
It’s so good! The Live show that was released with the Let It Bleed edition (but on CD) is the Mats live show that was released for RSD. I picked it up with everything else yesterday but it seems like there are plenty of copies floating around, might be worth picking on when it inevitably goes to m sale in few months the the show is fantastic!

It’s so good! The Live show that was released with the Let It Bleed edition (but on CD) is the Mats live show that was released for RSD. I picked it up with everything else yesterday but it seems like there are plenty of copies floating around, might be worth picking on when it inevitably goes to m sale in few months the the show is fantastic!

Cool, thanks for the advice! I'll give the show a listen later to see if this is something I want to add.

Listening to the ORG mono Bernie cut (45) (side 1 only) with the KG Stereo RHF.

The BG mono was played on my AT33MONO and has an incredible authority of sound. Very grand. Deep low end, although muddy on the bottom. Tyner's keys have a deep, rich and striking sound. It's an excellent record with the title track split FUBAR withstanding.

The KG cut has much more cymbal resolution in the front, piano is missing out with those rich keys (but I recall it improves on side 2). Still a decent piano presentation but feels lacking in it's full potential to me. Instruments are separated really well. Art Davis on bass is killing it with his solo and other playing. Bass is A+.

Both are great and a little different. I likely will keep both since I really like this Coltrane album.
The two mastering engineers seem to squeeze the tape juice pretty well IMO. I enjoyed hearing the difference in the two formats.

20240424_200125.jpg

Listening to the ORG mono Bernie cut (45) (side 1 only) with the KG Stereo RHF.

The BG mono was played on my AT33MONO and has an incredible authority of sound. Very grand. Deep low end, although muddy on the bottom. Tyner's keys have a deep, rich and striking sound. It's an excellent record with the title track split FUBAR withstanding.

The KG cut has much more cymbal resolution in the front, piano is missing out with those rich keys (but I recall it improves on side 2). Still a decent piano presentation but feels lacking in it's full potential to me. Instruments are separated really well. Art Davis on bass is killing it with his solo and other playing. Bass is A+.

Both are great and a little different. I likely will keep both since I really like this Coltrane album.
The two mastering engineers seem to squeeze the tape juice pretty well IMO. I enjoyed hearing the difference in the two formats.

View attachment 201126
Nice setup! I listened to the BG ORG last week and really loved it's depth. Just sounded very rich and robust.

Back